This Disneyland Planning guide attempts to make your Disneyland vacation extremely magical while saving you save money at Disney. On this page you will find all of our Disneyland planning articles on getting the most out of your vacation and money saving hacks. Planning a trip to Disneyland has never been easier!
- Where to find best discount Disneyland tickets?
- Where to find cheap Disney World tickets?
- How to find discount Universal Studios Hollywood tickets?
- What should I bring to Disneyland?
- Which are the best hotels near Disneyland?
- Which airport is closest to Disneyland?
- When is Disneyland least crowded?
What is the Disneyland 2020 guide goal?
The goal of this guide to planning a Disneyland vacation is to summarize and present the key information points about the Disneyland planning process. You will be able to navigate the parks with ease while finding the best discounts.
Why did I create this 2020 guide to Disneyland?
Three years ago, I was returning home from a fantastic Disneyland vacation. I felt fulfilled and was brimming with information that I wanted to share. I realized that the internet lacked a true guide to the Disneyland resort.
Sure there are pieces of information here and there, but nothing was completely assembled to make planning a successful vacation as easy as possible. So here today I present to you MickeyVisit.com, a site dedicated to helping you plan a perfect Disneyland vacation.
Disneyland planning guide introduction video…
Before jumping into planning and reading the pieces of the guide below, I invite you to join our newsletter. It will help you along the way with more information, discounts, and more tips. (the sign up form is at the top of the page or at the link above) Be sure to share this guide with any one of your friends who is planning a Disneyland vacation. [mashshare]
How to use the ultimate Disneyland planning guide 2020
All the information you need in order to plan a trip to Disneyland is organized into eight easy-to-read sections summarized below. Just follow the links to what you want to know now!
The time of year you visit the resort can dramatically change your Disneyland Vacation. The first chapter of our guide to Disneyland is dedicated to deciding when to visit Disneyland. This section includes crowd predictions of each time of the year and explanations of the different holiday offerings. Tips and tricks are also given for each time of the year. Take me to “When to Visit” >
There are two types of hotels to choose from when visiting the Disneyland Resort. You can either stay at an on-property hotel that is owned by Disney or stay at a Disneyland Good Neighbor hotel, a third party hotel approved by Disney. We review the three on-property hotels and our favorite five Disneyland off-property Good Neighbor hotels. Another highlight of the chapter is our overview of the steepest discounts available for the various hotels. Take me to “What Hotel to Stay In”>
The Disneyland Resort sits in the middle of numerous nearby airports. In this section we give you a full overview of the best two airports to fly into. The main information in this chapter is dedicated to the best ways to get from the airport to your Disneyland Resort hotel. Take me to “Airports”>
For most, visiting Disneyland is a very big treat. Whenever it is possible, I present ways to save money at Disneyland. In this section of the guide, I have put together a comprehensive page with all of the known discounts on Disneyland tickets. Be sure to read the section even if you aren't searching for Disneyland ticket discounts, because it also includes words of advice for anyone purchasing tickets. Take me to “Tickets“ >
In this section I present the important details of how you could save on your vacation by bundling all of the pieces of your vacation into one Disneyland all inclusive vacation package. You can find more information on exclusive discounts, the best places to find powerful discounts, and when to book your package here. Take me to “Disneyland package all inclusive” >
The Disneyland Resort provides a wide variety of different types of food. You will find classic amusement park food mixed in with upscale restaurants. The food quality is outstanding and whether you are eating a corn dog or pork shank, it will be the best you have ever had. In this chapter we quickly review all of the different restaurants at the Disneyland Resort. We also have lots of information on the best character meals at the resort. Take me to “Where to Eat” >
Use our Disneyland packing list and guide to what to wear to the parks to make sure you are all set for your Disneyland vacation. Through this aspect of the Disneyland planning guide you will be able to better understand all of the things you might have forgotten for your Disneyland vacation. Take me to “Disneyland packing list” >
In this section we discuss the different ways to save time and enjoy your time while visiting Disneyland. We spotlight two books that will make the time spent in line go by faster and include information about four different ways to legally “cut” the line. Take me to “Time” >
Important Information and Guides
- Plan a trip to see the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter with our Universal Studios Hollywood Guide.
- Lost Children in Disneyland– Full information on Disneyland's lost child protocol and tips to keep everyone together.
- Disneyland Height Requirements- Full information on ride height requirements, rider switch, and single rider line.
- Celebrating a Birthday or Anniversary– Information on what Disney will do on your special day.
- Disneyland FastPass Tips and Tricks Guide– This Disneyland FastPass guide will help you to maximize this powerful time saving system that is free to all Disneyland guests.
- Disneyland MaxPass Tricks and Hacks Guide – The new Disneyland MaxPass system helps you save time at Disneyland and is really the best buy for your money when planning your day.
- Mickey's Halloween Party Disneyland Guide– Full guide to the private Halloween party happening select nights throughout September and October. Includes 2016 dates and prices.
- PhotoPass Tips and Tricks Guide- Full guide to purchasing professional photos of your trip from the Disneyland PhotoPass photographers.
- Ultimate Guide to Fantasmic!– Full guide to the popular Fantasmic! show at the Disneyland Resort including tips, tricks, and history.
- Planning a Beach Day– This full guide offers everything you need to know about planning a day at the beach on your vacation including beach recommendations, transportation advice, and tour reviews.
- Free Disneyland Vacation Planning Videos– This is the perfect way to get a good sense of the resort and to get more excited about your trip. Plus, it is totally free.
Both to prepare for your vacation and to celebrate it, we put together this section detailing the best Disneyland souvenirs. On this page we discuss all of the best souvenirs that will accommodate any budget and are fun to collect, too. Also detailed here is information regarding the Disneyland PhotoPass. Take me to “Souvenirs” >
That should be everything that you need to plan your Disneyland vacation. If you still have questions about planning, see our Ask Us page. Be sure to sign up for our Disneyland planning newsletter so that you can get access to our exclusive hotel discounts and special planning tips.
Park Touring Plans and Strategies
Disneyland is unfortunately known for one thing: long lines! But if you follow our touring plans and guides, you can avoid waiting too long in those lines and still ride all your favorite attractions. One of the key success strategies to skipping the long lines is to get to the parks early. We've put together three park touring plans to help you get the most out of your early mornings at the parks.
Other Planning Information
If you need any other help or have questions about planning a trip to Disneyland, don't be afraid to email me.
I hope that you have enjoyed the guide to Disneyland!