When it comes to traveling as a vegetarian or a vegan, your options can be severely limited. One thing I have always loved about the Disneyland Resort is how accommodating they are when it comes to making everyone with any dietary restriction feel welcome. There are a number of the best vegetarian Disneyland food items that are available year-round and seasonal favorites.
There are also plenty of vegetarian and vegan items to enjoy when visiting Disneyland and here are my top favorites based on my own personal experience dining at Disneyland as a vegetarian!
Plus check out all the new items coming to round off the best vegetarian Disneyland food!
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
NEW Vegetarian Food at Disneyland
Disneyland is bringing NEW vegetarian items to the resort for the Fall 2023 season.
- Soy Chorizo Country Breakfast Burrito- Galactic Grill, starting September 1st
- Soy chorizo, spiced potatoes, grilled peppers, onions, egg, cheddar, pico de gallo, and chipotle sauce combined in a spinach flour tortilla.
- Sesame-Ginger Vegetable Noodles- Alien Pizza Plant, starting September 1st
- Noodles with stir-fried vegetables, tosses them with a can’t-miss sesame-ginger sauce, and finishes it off with some cilantro & scallions.
- Curry Royale: Queen of Hearts Delight- Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace, starting Sept. 1st
- Spiced fried cauliflower, basmati and green pea rice, spinach with chickpeas and Romanesco served with curry sauce.
- This item is exclusive for Halloween, read more about Disneyland Halloween food in our guide.
- Sopes de Chorizo con Papas- Hollywood Lounge, starting Aug. 29th
- Refried beans, lettuce and pico de gallo with nopales, cilantro crema, and pickled red onion. You’re going to want to keep coming back for this one all fall long!
- Plant-based Chorizo Quesadilla- Paradise Garden Grill, starting Sept. 1st
- Poblano, onions, and mozzarella, topped with cilantro crema, and served with salsa roja and escabeche. Now that’s a quesadilla.
- This item is exclusive to the Plaza de la Familia celebration at California Adventure, read more about all the food offered for Plaza de la Familia in our guide.
- Mushroom, Vegetable, and Farro Stew- Harbour Galley, starting Aug. 29th
- Poola Blossom Slush– Kat Saka’s Kettle, starting Aug. 29
- Pumpkin Crème Brûlée- Wine Country Trattoria, starting Sept. 1
- Sunchoke and Pistachio Pesto Pasta- Blue Bayou Restaurant, starting Sept. 12th
Best Vegetarian Disneyland Food
Here are my favorite best vegetarian Disneyland food items that include some fan favorites at Disneyland and som hidden gems.
Three-Cheese Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans
Blue Bayou has also been known to accommodate vegetarians by substituting cheese from their Monte Cristo sandwich as well! But if you want a guarantee, for a cheaper price, then stop by Cafe Orleans to try the Three-Cheese Monte Cristo. I’ve had it just recently on our last visit and it was delicious. You can find Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square in Disneyland.
Chef’s Vegan Burger at Carnation Cafe
This is by far one of my favorite vegan burgers I’ve ever had. I’ve had it several times during our visits to Disneyland and it remains one of my favorites! For vegetarians, you can add cheese if you like but without it- it is totally vegan! You can find Carnation Cafe on Main Street in Disneyland.
Dole Whip from Tiki Juice Bar
The famous Dole Whip is a favorite for many park guests! And the best news? It’s vegan so everyone can enjoy it! You can find the Tiki Juice Bar in Adventureland in Disneyland.
Breakfast Buffet at the Plaza Inn
One of my favorite character dining experiences is Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn. You get to see the largest variety of characters out of all the dining meals and the ambiance can’t be beat. The breakfast buffets that Disney puts out are always vegetarian and vegan-friendly with plenty of options for everyone. You can find the Plaza Inn on Main Street in Disneyland.
Pixar Pier Frosty Parfait from Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
This option over at California Adventure has become a guest favorite from the instant it opened. Be sure to go early in the day to avoid a line. Nothing says vacation like dessert for breakfast! And it’s vegan too! You can find the Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats right after the entrance to Pixar Pier.
Potato Skins at Lamplight Lounge
This is one of my favorite things to eat in California Adventure- it was just that good. Lamplight Lounge is an extremely popular restaurant so make sure to book your reservation in advance. I definitely recommend the Potato Skins for vegetarians and carnivores alike! You can find the Lamplight Lounge to the right after the entrance to Pixar Pier.
Churros and Pretzels with Cheese from the Snack Carts
Churros and Mickey Mouse pretzels always are a top part of any best Disneyland food list even for vegetarians! My son and I are both vegetarians and I love that we have these options scattered across both parks if we need a snack. It’s good to know where the quick vegetarian options are along with the restaurants!
Cheddar Cheese Stick at Corn Dog Castle
Sadly, there are no tofu corndogs (yet, ahem Disney) for us vegetarians to enjoy at the snack carts but Corn Dog Castle in California Adventure offers a cheddar cheese “corn dog.” The same hand-dipped batter is used but the filling is just cheddar cheese. This is a nice way to enjoy the hand-dipped batter even if you don’t eat meat!
Vegetarian Pasta at Blue Bayou
I get this every time we enjoy the Blue Bayou Dining Package for Fantasmic! and it’s always fantastic. I just mark on my dining reservation that I have dietary restrictions and the chef comes out and asks me what I would like. You can add as many veggies as you like too depending on your preference. You can find the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square in Disneyland.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation!
- Discount Disneyland Packages
- Ultimate Disneyland Ride and Attraction Guide
- Marvel at Disney California Adventure: Ultimate Guide
- Disneyland Restaurant Reviews
- Character Meet and Greets at the Disneyland Resort
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.