Plaza de la Familia is the Halloween celebration at Disneyland’s California Adventure Park inspired by the Disney and Pixar film “Coco.” The Coco at Disneyland celebration includes music, entertainment, and food! The Plaza de la Familia celebration takes place from August 23rd 2024 through November 2, 2024.
Disneyland Halloween has become increasingly popular and now rivals the Disneyland Christmas season with all the entertainment and food that is offered at the Disneyland Resort! The Plaza de la Familia Coco celebration actually takes place two days longer than the regular Disneyland Halloween celebration which ends on October 31st.
Keep reading for the full offerings for seeing Coco at Disneyland during Plaza de la Familia including entertainment, food, and music!
A Musical Celebration of Coco
The main entertainment offered at Plaza de la Familia includes a focus on Coco at Disneyland! A Musical Celebration of Coco features a team of storytellers and music from the film.
A Musical Celebration of Coco takes place in the Paradise Gardens area of California Adventure. This musical celebration of Coco at Disneyland also includes the hit song “Remember Me.”
Performances take place nearly back to back throughout the day so this is a fairly easy show to catch. The best viewing spot is exactly where I took the above pictures, facing the Plaza de la Familia sign. Most of the performance faces you if you’re in this spot.
Guests can also take pictures with Miguel, the hero of Coco, in front of the artistic mural called
Coco Disneyland Memory Wall
Guests can leave a message for their loved ones on the Memory at the Mexican Árbol de la Vida (Tree of Life).
This is a beautiful way to honor Día de Muertos at Disneyland.
There are paper tags and pens available to write down memories and names of loved ones to hang on the wall. As someone who lost their mom recently, this was a pretty emotional experience to add her name to the wall. I really loved this as a way to honor the holiday and loved ones. Seeing so many names and memories hanging in this space is truly special.
There is also an arts and crafts area dedicated to Coco where guests can design their own
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Plaza de la Familia Mariachi Concerts
Mariachi concerts also will take place during the Coco at Disneyland celebration at the bandstand in Paradise Gardens. Some will play variations of hit songs from the Coco film like “Remember Me.” We really enjoyed the performances here. This is a perfect area to take a break with some food, shade, and music.
Día de los Muertos in Frontierland
Over at Disneyland, guests can see displays in Frontierland that honor Día de los Muertos from September 1 to November 2, 2023.
El Zócalo Park features iconic skeleton figurines called calacas—depicting a trio of mariachi musicians—as well as brightly colored flowers and other decorative items seen in traditional ofrendas on the Day of the Dead.
Miguel from Coco can also be seen in this area posing for photos near the Day of the Dead displays.
Coco at Disneyland- Plaza de la Familia Food
In addition to the Disneyland Halloween food that is offered during the season, there is also this below Plaza de la Familia Food that is offered as part of the Coco at Disneyland celebration.
Paradise Garden Grill
Available Aug. 31 through Nov. 2; mobile order available
- Chile Verde Chicken Flautas topped with avocado spread, shredded lettuce, crema, queso fresco, tomatillo salsa, and pickled onions served with Spanish rice and pinto beans (New)
- Tacos Estilo Callejero: Trio of sirloin beef tacos with escabèche, Spanish rice, and pinto beans
- Carnitas Burrito: House-made pork carnitas, Spanish rice, pinto beans, and salsa verde served with house-made tortilla chips
- Chorizo Quesadilla: Poblano, onions, and mozzarella topped with cilantro crema and served with salsa roja and escabèche (Plant-based)
- Elote: Corn on the cob topped with crema, cotija, chili powder, and chicharron crumbles
- Street-style Taco: One steak taco in a corn tortilla served with Spanish rice and pinto beans (Kid’s Meal)
- Cheese Quesadilla: Whole wheat tortilla filled with Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese (Disney Check Meal)
- Chips with Salsa (New)
- Salsa Verde (New)
- Salsa Roja (New)
- Pinto Beans
- Spanish Rice
- Vanilla Layer Cake: Layers of vanilla cake with cinnamon mousse and sweet cream cheese frosting
- Dos Equis Lager
- Dos Equis Amber
- Watermelon Candy Cocktail: Tequila, watermelon schnapps and pineapple juice with a chamoy and chile-lime seasoned rim
Novelties Available Throughout Disneyland Resort
- Coco’s Dante Straw Clip: Available with purchase of beverage (Limit 10 per person, per transaction; available while supplies last starting Sept. 1); Available at the following locations:
- At Disneyland park: Churros near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pretzels near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, and Ship to Shore Marketplace
- At Disney California Adventure park: Chiller at Paradise Gardens Park, Paradise Garden Grill, and Outdoor Vending Carts
- Coco Skull Sipper: Includes choice of fountain beverage at time of purchase or a specialty beverage for an additional charge (New)(Limit two per person, per transaction; no discounts apply; available while supplies last starting Sept. 15); Available at the following locations:
- At Disneyland park: Rancho del Zocalo RestauranteAt Disney California Adventure park: Chiller at Paradise Gardens Park, Mortimers Market, Paradise Garden Grill, and Outdoor Vending CartsAt Disneyland Hotel: The Coffee House
- At Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa: GCH Craftsman Grill
- Coco Souvenir Sipper: Includes choice of Coca-Cola bottled beverages at time of purchase (Limit 10 per person, per transaction; available while supplies last starting Sept. 15); Available at the following locations:
- Disney California Adventure park: Paradise Garden Grill and Outdoor Vending Carts
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
Available Sept. 1 through Nov. 9
- Horchata Cheesecake with sugar skull décor
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Grand Californian Great Hall Cart
(Available Sept. 1 through Nov. 5)
- Horchata Cookie filled with cajeta (New)
- Gingerbread Calavera Cookie: Gingerbread cookie with white chocolate (New)
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks: Pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate
- Cookie Box: Pumpkin Mickey sugar cookie, raspberry-filled cookies, and chocolate chip cookies with chocolate candies
- Macaron Box: Assorted macarons (New)
- Crisped Rice Treat dipped in white chocolate (New)
- Mexican Wedding Cookies (New)
- Vanilla Sugar Cookie (New)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Loaf Cake (New)
- Smothered Potato Chips (New)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot with Milk
- Gingerbread Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Churro Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Red Velvet Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Double Chocolate Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Pumpkin Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot with Liqueur (Available with choice of Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Jameson Irish Whiskey, or RumChata) (New)
- Hot Chocolate (Non-alcoholic) (Alcoholic version available with choice of Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Jameson Irish Whiskey, or RumChata)
Coco Disneyland Merchandise
New merchandise released this year to celebrate includes beautiful new Coco Minnie Ears, Loungefly, tumblers, and more. Personally, I love the Coco ears and cannot wait to snag my own pair.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation!
For complete help planning your entire Disneyland vacation, be sure to subscribe to our FREE Disneyland Deals newsletter. Here you will receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest-priced Disneyland tickets anywhere. Subscribe for FREE>
Click the links below for more planning information beyond Disneyland Halloween.
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.