Updated 11/16/18. LEGOLAND is a great side destination for many families visiting the Disneyland area. If you have a big Lego fan in your family then this is a must see. In this LEGOLAND guide we will provide everything you need to know in order to maximize your time and have a great experience at LEGOLAND!
While the park is geared for all ages, older aged kids and teens may get bored with some of the attractions offered since so many target school aged children. But child sized or not, it’s definitely worth a visit because it truly is a well designed theme park!
Save on your stay! Discount Legoland Tickets + Hotel! Start preparing now for your Southern California Vacation and book your hotel with the best prices! Get special Legoland discount tickets when you book a tickets hotel combo. Make sure you are getting the best deal for your summer vacation! Book now >
LEGOLAND Admission Basics
LEGOLAND offers three main areas to chose from:
- LEGOLAND California– this is the main park that includes all the major attractions
- LEGOLAND Waterpark– a LEGO themed waterpark with LEGO themed water attractions
- SEA Life Aquarium– an interactive learning aquarium
LEGOLAND also has two LEGO themed hotels to chose from if you wish to stay on site:
- Legoland Resort Hotel– this hotel features LEGO themed rooms in your choice of Pirate, Kingdom, Adventure, LEGO NINJAGO or LEGO Friends.
- Legoland Castle Hotel– this castle themed hotel features LEGO Castle themed rooms with your choice of Knights & Dragons, Royal Princess or Magic Wizard.
The benefits of staying on site at LEGOLAND include the convenience of being steps away from the park entrance, early admission into the park, free breakfast, Lego themed rooms, interactive on site games, and LEGO themed play throughout the hotel.
To read our full comprehensive guide to finding discount tickets to LEGOLAND, click here.
Unless you have your heart set on the waterpark and aquarium, one day at LEGOLAND is enough time to spend enjoying the attractions. If you plan on seeing the waterpark and aquarium then I recommend spending two days there.
LEGOLAND Guide: Attractions
LEGOLAND offers many different options of rides, entertainment, shows, and exhibits. There is plenty to see and do but it still can easily be tackled within one day.
Here are the top attractions that are must sees for your trip that we’ve prioritized for our LEGOLAND guide! These rides* are also among some of the busiest so make sure you go here first thing in the morning.
- LEGO City Deep Sea Adventure*
- LEGOLAND’S newest attractions that features an underwater submarine ride.
- Dragon Coaster*
- A roller coaster ride in a LEGO Dragon!
- Technic Coaster*
- A roller coaster that drops, twist, and turns.
- Lost Kingdom Adventure*
- Armed with laser blasters, you’ll battle mummies, skeletons, snakes and more for the treasure of the Lost Kingdom!
- Defeat the Great Devourer and earn ninja status by shooting lightning, fireballs, and more.
- Junior Driving School
- Drive go-carts shaped like LEGO cars and get your LEGO driver’s license.
- Fairy Tale Brook
- Sail through fairy tales told through LEGO characters in a charming little boat.
This is just a small sampling of the attractions available at LEGOLAND but these tend to be the most popular with good reason- they’re fantastic. To see all of the attractions offered at LEGOLAND, see their official website.
Kids also love the Hideaways and Miniland that lets kids explore life size (some larger than life!) LEGO creations including cities, Star Wars, and more.
LEGOLAND Guide: Dining
There aren’t too many options for dining inside LEGOLAND– not when you compare it to Disneyland. We recommend eating breakfast before you arrive so you just have lunch and snacks to plan for.
LEGOLAND does not allow you to bring your own food into the park except bottled water so you will have to plan for eating inside.
One popular snack favorite at LEGOLAND are the Granny’s Apple Fries- make sure they make your list! Another popular dining location for families due to the variety of hot/cold options and healthy meals is the The Market.
You can also find pizza, burgers, fries, and more traditional ‘kid favorites’ inside the park.
LEGOLAND Guide: Entertainment
LEGOLAND offers a variety of entertainment options that kids will enjoy. Similiar to aspects of Disneyland, with a LEGO twist, kids are sure to love many of these options we’ve featured here in our LEGOLAND guide.
- LEGO character meet and greets
- Meet Emmet and Wyldstyle from The Lego Movie.
- Meet the girls from LEGO Friends with autograph sessions.
- Meet other well-known Lego figures such as wizards, knights, and more.
- Minifigure trading
- Buy a minifigure and then join the fun. Ask any ‘Good Citizen’ (LEGOLAND employees) to trade minifigures and keep trading throughout the day.
- LEGO Friends to the Rescue
- A performance from the LEGO Friends crew in Heartlake Hall.
- The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure
- Exclusive just for those attending LEGOLAND see a new twist on The Lego Movie.
Kids will love the minifigure trading and character meet and greets. Make sure to allow some time in the afternoon when the rides are long to explore the entertainment options.
Most kids love waterparks! And one filled with LEGOS? They’ll be thrilled. If you have big LEGO fans, taking the time for the waterpark might be a good choice. There are plenty of options for all ages including:
- Build-A-Raft River
- A lazy river filled with LEGOS and you can build your own raft!
- DUPLO Splash Safari
- A water play area with slides for ages six and under.
- Imagination Station
- Build cities, dams, and fill rivers.
- Joker Soaker
- Water structure filled with huge water cannons and a drench bucket.
- Orange Rush
- A giant raft ride that goes flying down a large slide.
- Pirate Reef
- Water ride that allows kids to shoot water out of the pirate cannons.
- Splash Out
- Single ride water slide
- A pirate water structure with water cannons and a drench bucket.
- Twin Chasers
- Allows two people to race side by side down large water slides.
- Splash Zoo
- Splash pad area designed for toddlers 1-3.
You can find the LEGOLAND Waterpark once you walk through LEGOLAND itself. So that’s something to consider- it’s a bit of walk and dragging along less gear might be best!
SEA Life Aquarium
The SEA LIFE Aquarium can easily be tackled within the same day as the LEGOLAND Waterpark.
SEA LIFE Aquarium is designed to be a child’s first interactive guide to the life of the sea, combining active hands-on learning with fascinating educational talks and up close encounters with sea creatures including sharks, octopi and rays.
The SEA LIFE Aquarium also offers a new exhibit- Sea at Night where you can walk under a starry sky in the aquarium- during the day time. It’s essentially designed to be a bioluminescent tide.
LET US HELP YOU PLAN YOUR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA VACATION!
The discounts extend not only to just to LEGOLAND California, but to many other Southern California theme parks and tourist attractions. Don’t forget to subscribe to our FREE Deals Newsletter to stay on top of the current planning tips, strategies, and deals.
- Discount Disneyland Packages
- 40+ Places to Find Cheap Food in Disneyland
- 7 Best Hotels Near Disneyland and Top Disney Hotel Deals
- Disneyland Calendar
- Discount Universal 2018 Tickets.