Disneyland is the perfect place to celebrate anything from a wedding anniversary to birthday. When you are booking your trip, don’t be shy about what you will be celebrating during your trip. Make sure that the front desk agent, your travel agent, waitress, and any other Cast Members know that you are celebrating a special birthday. There is no guarantee that anything will happen, but sometimes miracles occur on people’s special days.
Disneyland Birthday Celebration Button
Make sure to pick up special buttons proclaiming what you are celebrating like a Birthday button, Anniversary button or even a 1st visit to Disneyland button.
You can find a buttons at the front desk of your Disneyland Resort hotel or by visiting City Hall or Guest Relations upon entering Disneyland park.
Throughout the day, you will hear Cast Members congratulating you on your special day. Special surprises may follow. In the past we have been given free ice cream sundaes, sung Happy Birthday by the Dapper Dans, and allowed to be in a past special Princess and the Frog show.
Disneyland Birthday Cakes
Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes
- Cake in the shape of Mickey Mouse
- Flavors: Choice of chocolate or white chocolate
- Engraving Options: A special message of “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” is available on the chocolate ears—or choose to leave them blank
- Size: One cake feeds 4 to 6 Guests
- Price: $45 per cake, plus tax and gratuities where applicable (pricing subject to change); the cake will be added to your restaurant bill, and charged at the conclusion of the meal
You can add a Mickey Mouse celebration cake to your future reservation when you book online at least 3 days in advance of the reservation. Or, order in-person at the restaurant’s host podium, or at the Concierge Desk at your Disney Resort hotel. Requests for same-day cakes must be made in person upon arrival at the restaurant.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a princess salon meant just for young girls and boys. At the boutique a fairy godmother in training with transform them into a princess or prince complete with costume and fantastic hair due.
- Make a reservation up to 60 days before the time that you want to have their makeover done. This experience is very popular.
- Bring your own dress or costume if you don’t want to buy a new dress for them at the salon. If you do bring your own dress be sure to tell the front desk.
- Sadly adults can’t enjoy this fantastic service because there is a rule banning any adult from dressing up at Disneyland because they will look too much like the Disneyland Cast Members.
- Be sure to take lots of pictures and enjoy the experience through their eyes.
To book your visit to the salon call: 1-714-781-DINE
These are just some of the best ways to celebrate a birthday at Disneyland. Perhaps our favorite way is just to be with friends and family.
Read about all about the different Disneyland souvenirs. Each time that we visit, we pick out a special hat to wear that we will always associate with that trip. It is especially fun to pick out a pair of Mickey Mouse birthday ears.
Special Birthday Hat
Every time that we visit Disneyland for my birthday, we pull out our big Disneyland birthday cake hat. Decorated with candles that actually blink this is always one of my favorite ways to celebrate my birthday. I recommend looking at our Disneyland souvenirs page for more information about the different locations to find a hat like this.
Disneyland Character Autographs
Bringing an unsigned birthday card can make a fantastic souvenir if you take it to one of the many Disneyland character meet and greets and have a character like your pal Mickey Mouse sign it. Go around to all the Disneyland characters and have them autograph your birthday card! You could even do a character dining and this would be a great way to get a lot of signatures at once.
More Disneyland Tips
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.