Disney has opened a portion of California Adventure as they extend the Downtown Disney district to Buena Vista Street! Guests can now enter California Adventure to enjoy select shopping and dining options at fan favorites like Carthay Circle and Elias & Company.
There will be a $10 fee per car for parking at the Downtown Disney District in the Simba Lot. The capacity will be limited to promote physical distancing and a mobile wait list system might be used at ties for Buena Vista Street similar to the process we've seen used in Downtown Disney.
Buena Vista Street Open Dining and Shopping
Here are the available options you can find on Buena Vista Street in California Adventure when it opens to guests as an addition to Downtown Disney in November:
- Elias & Co. The store is divided into distinct sections for men, women and children, so you’ll find something special for the entire family. This is one of the largest stores on Buena Vista Street and one of the most loved.
- Julius Katz & Sons peruse even more holiday merchandise and Disney-themed home décor.
- Kingswell Camera Shop offers great gift-giving ideas like frames, photo albums and more.
- Trolley Treats offers classic candies, old-fashioned confections and all kinds of freshly made treats. Vending carts will offer popcorn, churros, ice cream and other “must-bite” treats. This has always been one of the top choices to go for Disney holiday treats!
- Award Wieners will be available for mobile ordering for corn dogs and soft drinks.
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe is a place to visit to soak in the atmosphere of Buena Vista Street along with a cup of coffee or scrumptious artisan sandwich.
- Carthay Circle Lounge will also be opening which is exciting news as this is one of the best restaurants in the Disneyland Resort! You can read our full review to Carthay Circle to help you prepare for your visit to this restaurant devoted to Disney history. The expanded outdoor seating area will also feature an all-new menu of cocktails and dining.
- Smokejumpers Grill will also be open with their menu of classic American food options for lunch and dinner with a streamlined menu of burgers, fries, onion rings and craft beer, located just around the corner from Buena Vista Street. The primary way to place your order at this dining location is through mobile order on the Disneyland App.
Only the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street will be accessible from the Downtown Disney District at this time, as Disney California Adventure park is currently closed.
View this post on Instagram
Making a Reservation for Carthay Circle Restaurant
Guests can now make advanced reservation for the Carthay Circle Restaurant – Alfresco Dining. All seating is outdoors. Downtown Disney and the opened pieces of Disney California Adventure have been very popular. Later in the evenings and on weekends there have been waits to enter the shopping area because Disney is focusing on maintaining social distancing and has lowered capacity dramatically. I recommend getting a reservation if you want to enjoy Carthay Circle during your visit.
If you have a reservation and there is a line to get into Downtown Disney, speak to a Cast Member and they will help you to make it into the area on time for your reservation time.
Head to the Disneyland app or visit the Disneyland website to make a reservation.
Free Disney World Vacation Quote
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, can get you a no obligation Disney World vacation quote for free! In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your reservations and price monitoring for your trip. This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Health and Safety Policies in Place
Since this is technically an addition to Downtown Disney, all of the same health and safety policies apply such as:
- Temperature screenings: all guests will be screened before entrance to Downtown Disney.
- Face coverings required for ages two years and older: All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the guest to remain hands-free
- Guests must be stationary and socially distanced to remove their masks to eat or drink
- At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandannas are not acceptable face coverings nor face coverings containing vales, mesh, or holes of any kind.
- Limited capacity: to maintain physical distancing only a limited capacity of guests will be allowed
- Mobile wait list: a mobile wait list system may be used to manage the number of Guests shopping when the location and/or queue are at capacity. Guests can choose to provide their name and mobile number to receive a text message when they are able to return.
You can read more about the policies in place at Downtown Disney in our guide.
California Adventure Backlot Shopping Location
Another extension of Downtown Disney was also added to create additional shopping space and increase guest capacity. The Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop recently arrived at Stage 17 (which is a part of California Adventure)- guests will walk through Downtown Disney and find the entrance located on the east side of the Main Entrance esplanade. This will be a spacious new shopping opportunity which will allow for easier social distancing and a way to focus on sought after seasonal merchandise from World of Disney and other Disney stores.
Check back soon for more details about the special shopping and dining experiences coming later in November to Buena Vista Street!
Plan Your Disney Vacation!
Be sure to subscribe to our deals newsletter for all of the latest information on deals and saving tips to help you save money and experience more! Sign up here. Check out our other Disney World articles: