This year Disneyland's California Adventure will be hosting the coveted Halloween Party! The Oogie Boogie Bash will take place on select dates through Sept. 17th- Oct. 31st at Disney's California Adventure. This party will run in conjunction with the Disneyland Halloween season. The party consists of fun entertainment, attractions, and candy, all while you wear your Halloween costume inside California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort.
SAVE NOW! DISCOUNT DISNEYLAND TICKETS Book with our travel partner, Get Away Today, to save money on Disneyland tickets and get exclusive perks like free hotel nights, free parking, free breakfast, and more. Buy Tickets Now>
The Halloween parties at Disneyland are some of the most popular events of the year and our full guide to the new Oogie Boogie Bash aims to provide readers with information on dates, hours, ticket prices, overview of activities, and tips on how to maximize your time at this spooky event.
You can read all about the entire Disneyland Halloween season here. This other article includes all of the information on the various aspects of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort that isn't just a part of the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween party. You can also see our list of the top 13 Disneyland Halloween Experiences you can't miss.
Disneyland Halloween Time Can Get Very Expensive
I have set up an exclusive deal with Disneyland's longest travel partner to provide all of you the cheapest Disneyland tickets that can be found anywhere on the web. I am constantly working with the agency to secure new deals and rates. These deals are passed on to our email newsletter.
Oogie Boogie Bash Party Dates
All of the dates, prices, and hours for the Oogie Boogie Bash can be seen in the list of party dates below.
See information below on buying tickets for this new Halloween party at California Adventure.
|Dates and Times||AP, Disney Vacation Member, and Visa Card Holder Price||Regular Ticket Price|
|Tues, Sept 17, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$100||$110|
|Thurs, Sept 19, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$100||$110|
|Sun, Sept 22, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Tues, Sept 24, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$100||$110|
|Thurs, Sept 26, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$100||$110|
|Sun, Sept 29, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Tues, Oct 1, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Thurs, Oct 3, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Sun, Oct 6, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$145||$145|
|Tues, Oct 8, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Thurs, Oct 10, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$145||$145|
|Tues, Oct 15, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Thurs, Oct 17, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Sun, Oct 20, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$145||$145|
|Tues, Oct 22, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Thurs, Oct 24, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$120||$120|
|Sun, Oct 27, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$145||$145|
|Tues, Oct 29, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$145||$145|
|Thurs, Oct 31, 2019 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM||$145||$145|
The tickets will go on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders on April 23rd. Tickets go on sale to the general public on April 30th.
Entry to Disney California Adventure park before the party is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket. The after-hours party begins at 6 p.m. PT and you will have the opportunity to play in the park for three hours before the event starts on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding Oct. 29 and Oct. 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus Oct. 29 and Oct. 31.
All of the tickets to the Halloween Party must be purchased directly from Disneyland, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4636. There are no available discounts for Halloween party ticketed events .Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event and parking is not included in the ticket price. Children two years of age and under don't require a ticket.
In the past, Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party has been a local favorite and always sells out quickly. I am sure that the Oogie Boogie Bash will be no different. Get your tickets ASAP so you don't miss out!
ALL DATES FOR 2019 ARE NOW SOLD OUT! If you missed out, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don't miss out next year!
This is an important point for all guests visiting during September and October: If you don’t have a park hopper ticket then you will be forced to leave California Adventure early in the evening and have nowhere to go but back to your hotel or home. Disney will close California Adventure early for the party and force any non-party guests to exit at least an hour before the party begins. Make sure to get a park hopper ticket if you don't plan on attending the ticketed event so you can hop over to Disneyland when the party starts!
Oogie Boogie Bash Party Events
Here are all the things to see and do at the Oogie Boogie Bash party at California Adventure:
“Villainous!”- World of Color
This new “World of Color” show tells a Halloween Tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie as she goes on a journey exploring the villainous side of Disney characters.
This new World of Color show is truly different than those offered in the post with all new animation for new characters and a narrative storyline of a young girl deciding if she'd rather be a Princess or a villain for Halloween. All of our favorite Disney villains, of course, make sure to give her input on these decisions along the way.
World of Color Villainous shows twice a night at 9:00pm and 10:45pm. The second showing is always less crowded than the first so that's something to keep in mind. No FastPass is offered for the show. The limited attendance of the party makes FastPass unnecessary, you should be able to get a good spot regardless!
This dance party will take place in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land and is inspired by the “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel featuring the biggest hit songs from the films. This musical dance party will be popular with younger fans of the show. You can watch a video of the entire performance below to get an idea of what to expect:
There will be five shows each night giving guests plenty of opportunity to see it! The later shows will be less crowded.
Frightfully Fun Parade
This well loved parade is coming to California Adventure for the first team led by the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow followed by Mickey and Minnie leading a cavalcade of characters and Disney villains.
You can watch the entire video of the parade below:
For guests interested in reserved viewing, you can opt for the dining package described below in the dining section.
Based on crowd reports from the first night and the long parade route in California Adventure, dining packages may not be as necessary to get great seats. But for some guests that are looking to prioritize their time, it may be a good choice so you don't have to reserve a spot as early and spend more time enjoying the party.
The Frightfully Fun Parade runs once each party at 8:10pm. The parade is led by the Headless Horseman and starts from the area of Pixar Pier near the Symphony Swings and continues down through the park ending at the Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction.
Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show
This interactive stage production is great for younger guests as guests join Mickey and his friends as they throw a Halloween party. Featuring dancing, not-so-frightening tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land. You can view the full show below:
There will be multiple showtimes during the party giving guests a few different opportunities to see the show. This show is geared mainly for younger audiences so with that in mind, the first show will be more popular.
There will be five shows each night giving guests plenty of opportunity to see it! The later shows will be less crowded.
Rare Character Meet and Greets
Meet a variety of Disney characters and villains! At Halloween parties in the past guests have met characters that you don't often see out and about! And debuting for this party will be more immersive experience with characters such as Oogie Boogie, the live-action Mad Hatter, and Dr. Facilier.
Here is a sampling of some of the characters from the first night of the party:
This year aside from traditional character meet and greets, villains were also playing hosts to many of the Treat Trails on themed stages and interacting with guests.
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail has been transformed into a ethereal world of Disney villains offering a series of scenes, each creating a “hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.”
During this adventure into Villains Grove you can expect to see these featured villains and settings:
- Frollo’s Sanctuary
- Queen of Hearts’ Garden.
- Scar’s Elephant Graveyard
- Dr. Facilier’s Friends on the Other Side
- The Queen’s Lightning Forest
- Home of the Wisps
You can see our live action Facebook video walk through from the Villain's Grove here:
Villains Grove at OOGIE BOOGIE BASHAll the info on the party! https://mickeyvisit.com/oogie-boogie-bash/
由 Disneyland Secrets 发布于 2019年9月17日周二
This is one of the top things to see at this party- don't miss it!
Trick-or-treating is coming to California Adventure with new wicked treat trails with iconic characters such as the Mad Hatter or Oogie Boogie surprising guests. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
The Treat Trails featuring favorite villains include:
- Oogie Boogie – Animation Building
- Maleficent- by Soarin’
- Wicked Queen – by Grizzly River Run
- Dr. Facilier – Stage 17
- Mad Hatter – Hyperion Theater
The lines for these did get long the first night- make sure to prioritize your favorites!
Halloween Themed Treats 2019
Each Halloween year at Disneyland comes with an abundance of treats to share! This year we can look forward to all new Halloween treats to celebrate Ooogie Boogie's Bash like the Oogie Boogie Drink with Dice Glow Cubes pictured above! You can find this glowing drink at the Hollywood Lounge.
Oogie Boogie takes center stage this year when it comes to Halloween treats like these Oogie Boogie Funnel Cake fries! This funnel cake fries can be found at Award Weiners and are covered with chocolate cookies, cream cheese sauce, gummy worms, chocolate candy, and green whipped cream.
You can even see Oogie Boogie's inspiration in the churros with these green and gummy word covered chocolate churros over at Cozy Cone Motel.
You can read all about the different Halloween treat offerings in our full Halloween foodie guide.
Oogie Boogie Bash Dining Package
For guests interested in booking a dining package to get reserved seating for the Frightfully Fun Parade can dine at Wine Country Trattoria.
- What’s Included: A 3-course, prix-fixe dinner (including a starter, entrée and dessert) at Wine Country Trattoria plus a voucher providing access to one of the Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing areas
- Price: $50 for adults and $40 for children 3-9, plus tax and gratuity (discounts do not apply)
- Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket: A popcorn-filled bucket is included with a children’s meal and is available to adults for $15 extra
- 2019 Dates: September 17, 19, 22, 24, 26 and 29; October 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29 and 31
This scream-cious 3-corpse Italian feast features hearty house specialties. Enjoy a choice of starters, entrée selections that include several pasta dishes, rib-eye steak, chicken parmesan, seafood and vegetarian options and desserts to-die-for like tiramisu and chocolate panna cotta.
Oogie Boogie Themed 2019 Merchandise
Be sure to be on the hunt for special Oogie Boogie Bash merchandise! The (above) Oogie Boogie Bash headband is a must for any Halloween and Minnie Ear collector!
That spirit jersey is sure to be popular featuring our favorite ghoul.
You can also find exclusive event collector pins, along with all these items, at Elias and Co.
Halloween Costume Rules
When it comes to basic costume rules, these rules apply to any Halloween party offered at the Disneyland Resort.
Here are the rules right from Disneyland’s website:
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgement. Please take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses).
For Guests Ages 13 and Under
Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests Ages 14 and Older
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards. Read more on the official Halloween page here.
Tips and Tricks for Oogie Boogie Bash
Here is some advice to prepare for this event and beat the lines:
- This party will also offer trick-or-treating but just like at Mickey's Halloween Party in the past, this can be a time consuming activity of waiting in line that is better spent enjoying all the Halloween entertainment options and attractions. You can always buy a bag of candy at the store!
- The one perk of the Treat Trails at Oogie Boogie Bash is the new inclusion of live action villains on themed stages at each treat trail making this a more popular option to enjoy!
Enter and check in from Disneyland's Grand Californian to skip the long line at the gates.
- If you're willing to skip the parade, this is the best time to get into the Villains Grove without a large line!
- Upon check in you will be given a wristband on the right hand side when entering or at the Blue Sky Cellar. It must be worn once the party starts otherwise you will be asked to leave with the other guests that do not have a party ticket!
- Disneyland's one-day tickets are priced on expected popularity, the Halloween party ticket prices also reflect the crowd levels that Disney is expecting. The most expensive dates you see in the chart are likely to be ones that have been crowded in the past.
- We recommend not buying a park ticket for the day you are attending the party since your party ticket includes access to the park. Make the most of your time spent before the party starts as California Adventure will let you in three hours prior. In the past, Disneyland would be less crowded on party days since most guests without tickets avoided it- we assume California Adventure will follow a similar pattern. Use that first three hours enjoying the low wait times for the rides.
- Half the fun is being able to wear a costume! See the costume rules above to make sure yours fits the bill.
- Make sure to get a map when you enter so you know where to find all the characters and trick-or-treat trails. If you want to see a certain character, you may want to line up to meet them before the party starts so you're at the front of the line.
We will keep updating this list once the party starts and we can offer first hand experience and advice for this new Halloween event.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation!
For a complete help planning your entire Disneyland vacation, be sure to subscribe to our FREE Disneyland Deals newsletter. Here you will receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest priced Disneyland tickets anywhere.
Click the links below for more planning information on Disneyland Halloween and more!
- Disneyland Halloween Guide
- Where to Find Discount Disneyland Tickets Information
- Universal Studios Hollywood Tips and Tricks
- Best Places to Eat at Disneyland
- Disneyland Christmas Guide