Oogie Boogie Bash 2023- Best Guide to Disneyland Halloween Party
Disney California Adventure is one again hosting the 2023 Halloween Party at Disneyland. Oogie Boogie Bash 2023 consists of fun entertainment, attractions, and candy, all while you wear your Halloween costume inside California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort.
Oogie Boogie Bash has replaced the Disneyland Halloween Party, Mickey's Halloween Party, for the foreseeable future. The Disneyland Halloween party runs in conjunction with the Disneyland Halloween 2023 season.
The Halloween parties at Disneyland are some of the most popular events of the year and our full guide to Oogie Boogie Bash aims to provide readers with information on dates, hours, ticket prices, overview of activities, and tips on how to maximize your time at this spooky event.
You can read all about the entire Disneyland Halloween season here. This other article includes all of the information on the various aspects of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort that isn't just a part of the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween party. You can also see our list of the top 13 Disneyland Halloween Experiences you can't miss.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Book your discount tickets NOW >
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Disneyland Halloween Time Can Get Very Expensive
I have set up an exclusive deal with Disneyland's longest travel partner to provide all of you the cheapest Disneyland tickets that can be found anywhere on the web. I am constantly working with the agency to secure new deals and rates. These deals are passed on to our email newsletter.
Oogie Boogie Bash Dates 2023
Typically the dates for Oogie Boogie Bash parties are announced sometime in the late Spring or early Summer. The announcement of the dates happened on June 13th in 2022. Expect an announcement of the 2023 dates sometime around then this year. Parties run on select nights (2-4 nights a week).
The 2023 dates haven't been announced- you can refer to dates from last year below to help give you a sense of how often Oogie Boogie Bash is held until we know the official dates.
The 2023 Ooogie Boogie Bash party will run on select nights from September until October 31. All of the dates and prices for the Oogie Boogie Bash can be seen in the list of party dates below.
Oogie Boogie Bash runs from 6PM-11PM with admission to California Adventure beginning at 3PM.
|2022 Dates||Ticket Price|
|Tues, Sept 6, 2022||$129|
|Sat, Sept 10, 2022 (D23 Member exclusive night)||$179|
|Tues, Sept 13, 2022||$129|
|Thurs, Sept 15, 2022||$139|
|Sunday, Sept 18, 2022||$149|
|Tues, Sept 20, 2022||$129|
|Thurs, Sept 22, 2022||$139|
|Sun, Sept 25, 2022||$149|
|Tues, Sept 27, 2022||$129|
|Thurs, Sept 29, 2022||$139|
|Sun, Oct 2, 2022||$159|
|Tues, Oct 4, 2022||$139|
|Thurs, Oct 6, 2022||$149|
|Sun, Oct 9, 2022||$159|
|Tues, Oct 11, 2022||$139|
|Thurs, Oct 13, 2022||$149|
|Sun, Oct 16, 2022||$159|
|Tues, Oct 18, 2022||$139|
|Thurs, Oct 20, 2022||$159|
|Sun, Oct 23, 2022||$159|
|Tues, Oct 25, 2022||$159|
|Thurs, Oct 27, 2022||$159|
|Sat, Oct 29, 2022||$179|
|Mon, Oct 31, 2022||$179|
This is an important point for all guests visiting during September and October: If you don’t have a park hopper ticket then you will be forced to leave California Adventure early in the evening and have nowhere to go but back to your hotel or home. Disney will close Disney California Adventure early for the party and force any non-party guests to exit at least an hour before the party begins. Make sure to get a park hopper ticket if you don't plan on attending the ticketed event so you can hop over to Disneyland when the party starts! If a party is taking place on one of the days of your trip, consider getting a park hopper ticket or making your Disneyland Park Reservation for that day for Disneyland Park.
When do 2023 Oogie Boogie Bash Tickets go on sale?
No official date yet for 2023 has been released yet- last year Oogie Boogie Bash tickets went on sale June 28th for Magic Key holder and June 30th for the general public. It is likely we will see a similar time frame in 2023.
What is included with Oogie Boogie Bash Tickets?
- Event ticket provides admission to Disney California Adventure Park beginning at 3PM- no theme park reservation.
- PhotoPass photos during the event are included in your ticket price. Scan your event admission ticket into the Disneyland app to access Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event. Photos can be downloaded from your Disney account as often as desired, for 45 days after initial capture. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and expiration policy. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass photos must be linked to your Disney account to be downloaded.
- Tickets are not required for Guests younger than 3 years of age. Children should be supervised. Guests younger than 14 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to enter a Theme Park. To board an attraction, children younger than 7 years of age must be accompanied by a person age 14 or older.
Entry to Disney California Adventure park before the party is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket. The after-hours party begins at 6 p.m. PT and you will have the opportunity to play in the park for three hours before the event starts.
All of the tickets to the Halloween Party must be purchased directly from Disneyland, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4636. There are no available discounts for Halloween party ticketed events. Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event and parking is not included in the ticket price. Children two years of age and under don't require a ticket.
Tips and Tricks for Oogie Boogie Bash
Here is some advice to prepare for this event and beat the lines:
Enter California Adventure from Disneyland's Grand Californian to skip the long line at the gates.
- If you're willing to skip the first parade, this is the best time to get into the Villains Grove without a large line. Plan on viewing the second parade at 10PM.
- Upon check in you will be given a wristband on the right hand side when entering or at the Blue Sky Cellar. It must be worn once the party starts otherwise you will be asked to leave with the other guests that do not have a party ticket! This wristband will also have your QR code for PhotoPass images.
- Disneyland's one-day tickets are priced on expected popularity, the Halloween party ticket prices also reflect the crowd levels that Disney is expecting. The most expensive dates you see in the chart are likely to be ones that have been crowded in the past.
- We recommend not buying a park ticket for the day you are attending the party since your party ticket includes access to the park. Make the most of your time spent before the party starts as California Adventure will let you in three hours prior.
- Half the fun is being able to wear a costume! See the costume later in the guide to see our tips on wearing a costume at Oogie Boogie Bash. The best part is characters will comment on your costume throughout the night making for great interactions.
- Make sure to get a map when you enter so you know where to find all the characters and trick-or-treat trails. If you want to see a certain character, you may want to line up to meet them before the party starts so you're at the front of the line. But I wouldn't do this with the most popular characters.. sometimes thats when the line is the longest!
- Kids will love the candy at the Treat Trails- you will get more than the small bags they give you when you enter will hold. Bring your own tote bag so you can carry more!
- Eat before the party officially starts. You will find that there's so much to do you won't want to stop to eat a big meal during the party.
- The walkway to Pixar Pier (towards Lamplight Lounge) is blocked off about 15 minutes or so (it varies!) before the parade begins which opens up plenty of front row parade viewing at the last minute.
2023 Oogie Boogie Bash Treat Trails
The Treat Trails are opportunities to trick or treat through trails ending in iconic villains you rarely see at the parks like Oogie Boogie or Maleficent! Leading up to the characters themselves guests will enjoy multiple stops with cauldrons filled with candy and at least one stop including healthy snacks. Most of the candy types included varieties of Snickers, Skittles, Twix, Three Musketeers and more. (Disney, hear my plea to add Reeses to the cauldrons!) The stops with healthy treats had apple slices, popcorn puffs, dried cranberries, etc.
The Treat Trails at Oogie Boogie Bash featured favorite villains such as:
- Oogie Boogie – Animation Building
- Cruella- Stage 17
- Maleficent- by Soarin’
- Dr. Facilier – by the Little Mermaid
- Madam Mim- Hyperion Theater
- Mother Gothel- by Grizzly River Run
- Ernesto De La Cruz- by Avengers Campus entrance
See our photo tour below of the Treat Trails we experienced during our experience at Oogie Boogie Bash!
Ernesto De La Cruz easily stole the show this year at Oogie Boogie Bash, he was absolutely amazing. As you're going through the Treat Trail you will be told to move along quickly but they do have a roped area set aside for guests that want to wait to see him sing. And it's well worth the wait! You can see a reel we shared of the Oogie Boogie Bash Ernesto De La Cruz character here.
View this post on Instagram
Next up making her debut is Mother Gothel from Tangled. This location is a bit more out of the way so it was less crowded than other lines. We were able to interact with her much longer because of it! She did, however, tell me to stop gawking and move along as I was snapping the photo below of her!
Next is Madam Mim from Sword in the Stone. One of the awesome things about the Treat Trails at Oogie Boogie Bash are these rare characters. I can't remember ever seeing Madam Mim out in the parks before.
Maleficent appeared on a grand stage near Soarin' for her Treat Trail. These sets have gotten better and better since this new version of the Disneyland Halloween party first debuted.
Dr. Facilier is always a favorite face character. He really commands a stage presence.
This Treat Trail was one of the most popular ones and had one of the larger lines. This year he was located near The Little Mermaid. His Treat Trail was actually running out of candy because he was so popular! At this point, we were pretty weighed down with candy so it was just fine- we were really in line to see him!
Sid from Toy Story was a great addition to the Treat Trail list! His line was another popular one but the Treat Trails move so quick. At least with Sid's Treat Trail, he wasn't hidden so you could also easily walk by and see him if you didn't want to wait in line.
One of our favorite interactions with characters on the Treat Trails with Agatha from Wandavision in Avengers Campus, she was hysterical. Notice the ‘Here Lies Sparky' headstone next to her.
The only Treat Trail we missed was Cruella (from the recent Disney remake) because the character was on break when we went through the trail. We were still able to get candy which is always the case when the characters take a break. We could have came back later but we had a full agenda for the evening!
Kids will LOVE the Treat Trails because of the sheer amount of candy you receive. During our first Treat Trail my son, even at age 12, was blown away by the amount of candy they gave us. He was ecstatic and at that point the Treat Trails were an absolute priority at the party for him. Be prepared for this reaction with most kids, they will be really excited about getting that candy! The good thing is that Disney has executed these Treat Trails brilliantly by incorporating such amazing displays of iconic villains. And the lines move so quickly that they're easily to tackle all of them!
Oogie Boogie Bash Character Meet and Greets
Meet a variety of Disney characters and villains at Oogie Boogie Bash! At Halloween parties in the past guests have met characters that you don't often see out and about. This is the thing we love about all Disney After Hours parties and the Oogie Boogie Bash definitely has similar vibes with those rare character experiences.
Hands down the most popular meet and greet this year is seeing Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, and Clarabelle Cow dressed up as the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. This was a complete hit!
We went to go check out the line an hour before the party started and cast members told us it was at least a two hour wait once the party began… so including an hour we would have waited for the party to start… that would have been three hours! We ended up coming back during the first parade and only waited 30 minutes. This is always the best rule of thumb for any popular meet and greet- come back later. The line will always be longest at the beginning of the party!
In Cars Land you can find the Disney Cars in their Halloween costumes. These characters are available during regular park hours though so keep that in mind if you want to prioritize your party time for characters that are unique to the party itself.
I love seeing all these rare characters around the parks! We were lucky enough to catch the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio with no line as she just began greeting people as we walked by so we ran right up! Be ready and on the look out for characters.
My personal favorite of the evening was seeing Mulan dressed as Ping! This was a great photo opportunity and I would LOVE to see more of her in the parks! The line for Ping was easily one of the most popular for the character meet and greets by Carthay Circle.
Bruno from Encanto was a huge hit and had consistently long lines most of the party! We waited until right after the second parade ended and the party was about to end before we jumped in line. This allowed us to meet him without using up too much party time.
Mater was easily the most popular, I was glad we were able to catch him at Oogie Boogie Bash as his line during the daytime hours at California Adventure was always super long.
The Kingdom Hearts characters are really popular and draw large lines throughout the night. The best time to line up for these characters is during one of the parades. This year they were meeting guests near the World of Color viewing area rather than Grizzlys (pictured below) so you could watch the Frightfully Fun Parade near that viewing area and then hop in line for these characters right when the parade ends.
Past Oogie Boogie Bash characters have included rare villains like Frollo, Sheriff of Nottingham and Governor Ratcliffe.
The character meet and greet lines will move such slower than the Treat Trails so consider which ones are priorities for your group- it's not realistic to be able to meet them all! PhotoPass photographers will be at most of the major meet and greets. PhotoPass images are included for the night with your party ticket so make sure to grab those photos!
Frightfully Fun Parade
The Frightfully Fun Parade is absolutely worth taking the time to see. It is a shorter parade compared to the others at Disneyland but it features amazing floats of favorite Disney villains… plus a sequence dedicated to the Haunted Mansion! This is easily now one of my top favorite parades at the parks.
The parade is led by the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow which was such a cool, spooky touch. The Headless Horseman moved slow and really carried the aura of the spooky season!
The parade features a cavalcade of characters including Mickey & Minnie Mouse, the Nightmare Before Christmas, Disney Villains and the Haunted Mansion.
The costumes and floats for this parade are stunning! The energy for the villains was so spot on and everyone around us was dancing along with the music.
There may be a few parts that might feel a bit scary for small children if you're sitting in the first row. But in true Disney style, this is a family friendly parade even with the focus on villains. If you're worried, watch the video below to see what to expect. You can also pick a seat a bit further back so you're not so close to the characters. We sat in the front row and the characters in the parade interacted constantly with the audience and came close to us! This was great for us as huge Disney fans but some little ones might not be thrilled, depending on their personality.
You can watch the entire video of the parade below to get an idea of what to expect if you're concerned. All the small kiddos around us were doing just fine though and clapping along with the music!
Frightfully Fun Parade Dining Packages
For guests interested in reserved viewing, you can opt for the dining package described below in this guide. There is also a dessert party where you can enjoy Halloween themed treats with reserved seating during the parade. Now, do we think these dining packages are necessary?
Based on our experience at Oogie Boogie Bash, we did not feel that packages were necessary to get great seats! But for some guests that are looking to prioritize their time, it may be a good choice so you don't have to reserve a spot as early and spend more time enjoying the party.
The Frightfully Fun Parade ran twice during the party at 7:45PM and 10PM. The parade starts from the area of Pixar Pier near the Symphony Swings and continues down through the park ending at the Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction. Both parades will start and end from these locations.
The advantage of California Adventure is how far the parade route stretches which provides plenty of seating. We watched right by the Little Mermaid with the plan of running right to meet Bruno (near the walkway towards Grizzly) afterwards which worked well.
PRO TIP: Short on time? The walkway to Pixar Pier (towards Lamplight Lounge) is blocked off about 15 minutes or so (it varies!) before the parade begins which opens up plenty of front row parade viewing at the last minute. This is also just a great area to grab a spot if you don't want to commit to waiting awhile. This is how we were able to grab our spot without waiting too far in advance to view the parade, I grabbed a coffee and just hovered nearby and jumped to snag a spot once the cast members began roping off the path.
Villain's Grove Oogie Boogie Bash
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail has been transformed into a ethereal world of Disney villains offering a series of scenes, each creating a “hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.” This walkthrough in the Redwook Creek Trail is a visually stunning, immersive experience.
During this adventure into Villains Grove you can expect to see these featured settings of well-known Disney villains:
- Frollo’s Sanctuary
- Queen of Hearts’ Garden.
- Scar’s Elephant Graveyard
- Dr. Facilier’s Friends on the Other Side
- The Queen’s Lightning Forest
- Home of the Wisps
You can see our live action Facebook video walk through from the Villain's Grove here:
This is one of the top things to see at this party- don't miss it!
Keep in mind though that this experience does NOT include actual characters, this is purely a visual effects experience. My son was disappointed once we entered because he was under the impression (my fault for not making it more clear!) that each area would end in the character… just like the Treat Trails did! So make sure your kids have clear expectations on what this experience is. He compared it to viewing ‘driving around to see Christmas lights.' So in other words, something mom loves to linger on experiencing and he can rush through it a quicker pace.
This is an extremely popular experience and will have long lines throughout the party! It is truly breathtaking though so make the time to see it! I recommend going during the first parade (if you aren't prioritizing one of the many popular characters during that time!) or towards the end of the night. You can also keep an eye on the wait times in the Disneyland app which was a nice touch.
DAS users can have their pass linked to their account for Villains Grove and receive a return time so talk to a cast member if you need accommodations.
Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show
This interactive stage production is great for younger guests as guests join Mickey and his friends as they throw a Halloween party. Featuring dancing, not-so-frightening tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land. You can view the full show below:
There will be multiple showtimes during the party giving guests a few different opportunities to see the show. This show is geared mainly for younger audiences so with that in mind, the first show will be more popular. But that doesn't men adults can't come, everyone is always welcome- it's a cute experience and features two original songs created just for the show!
There will be five shows each night giving guests plenty of opportunity to see it! The later shows are less crowded.
Halloween Costume Rules
One of the most fun parts of Oogie Boogie Bash is getting to see everyone dressed up for Halloween! This is the one time adults will be allowed to wear Halloween costumes into the park which is exciting for a lot of Disney fans. My son opted to keep it simple with just a simple costume t-shirt because he wanted to be comfortable but I went with more dedicated approach with my Sally costume with the full wig.
The more complicated your costume, the trickier navigating the party will be but most of all remember you will still be walking around the parks so wear comfortable shoes! I almost didn't bother dressing up because it was so warm the day of the party but I'm glad we decided to go for it. It made the entire experience more fun. And I will say, adding a wig to any costume that needs one really gives it that extra detail to pull everything together. Wearing costumes also made for great banter with all the characters as they all addressed as Jack and Sally throughout the night which was fun!
There are specific Disney costume rules to keep in mind, here are the costumes rules right from Disneyland's website:
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgement. Please take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses).
For Guests Ages 13 and Under
Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests Ages 14 and Older
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards. Read more on the official Halloween page here.
Halloween Themed Treats
Each Halloween year at Disneyland comes with an abundance of treats to share!
Award Wieners (Available September 2 through October 31; Mobile order available)
- Footlong Spicy Pulled Pork Dog: Sweet & spicy pulled pork with a fiery tropical chutney served on a toasted bun (New)
- Oogie Boogie Funnel Cake Fries dusted with crushed chocolate creme-filled cookies and topped with whipped cream, cookie pieces, gummy candies, and chocolate candies
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Hibiscus Sangria: Red sangria, cinnamon-spiced hibiscus agua fresca, and fresh fruit with a candied hibiscus rim
Cozy Cone (Available September 2 through October 31; Mobile order available)
- Spicy Mac & Cheese Cone: Pasta with spicy red pepper cheese sauce topped with chili-cheese puffs
- Fruity Sugar Churro: Churro tossed in fruity cereal sugar, topped with a purple and green glaze
Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Cereal Sundae: Vanilla and strawberry ice cream, berry compote, mixed cereal, and whipped cream served in a waffle cup and topped with fruity cereal (New)
- Chocolate Brownie Sundae: Fudge brownie, rocky road ice cream, hot fudge, and a hard chocolate shell served in a chocolate-dipped waffle cup and topped with white chocolate chips (New)
- Hard Apple Float: Hard apple cider and apple sorbet drizzled with caramel sauce (New)
- Pumpkin Pie Hard Float: Hard pumpkin chai cider, vanilla ice cream, and a spiced pie crust cookie (New)
Fairfax Fruit Market (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Blood Orange Lemonade: Blood orange agua fresca with lemonade (Non-alcoholic) (New)
Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Oogie Boogie Worms and Dirt Cake: Chocolate cake filled with raspberry jam topped with mocha mousse, chocolate cookie, candy worms, and chocolate décor
Flo’s V8 Cafe (Available September 2 through October 31; Mobile order available)
- Spicy Chicken and Fries: Steak fries drizzled with ranch dressing topped with chicken tenders tossed in mango-habanero sauce and finished with green onions
Hollywood Lounge (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Stone Delicious IPA Michelada with chile-lime seasoning and lime (New)
- Ghost Pepper Michelada: Tomato-based michelada with ghost pepper syrup and Mala Suerte Mexican Dark Lager (New)
- Modelo Especial Ghost Pepper Michelada with ghost pepper syrup, chile-lime seasoning, and lime (New)
- Blue Rum Cocktail: Rum and orange liqueur with lemon-lime and cherry flavors (New)
- Cranberry Sangria: Sangria and orange liqueur with cranberry juice (New)
- Prickly Pear Vodka Cocktail: Vodka and prickly pear syrup mixed with lemon-lime and topped with a glow cube (New)
Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums (Available September 2 through October 31)
- Jack-Jack Shortbread Cookie: Shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate with a Jack-Jack chocolate piece (New)
Lamplight Lounge – Boardwalk Dining (Mobile Walk-up Waiting List available)
- Ghost Pepper Nachos: Charred ghost pepper-marinated chicken, smoky ghost pepper cheese sauce, black bean purée, avocado tomatillo salsa, and seasoned tomatoes (New) (Available September 2 through October 31)
- Chile-Ginger Pork Belly Sliders: Chili-ginger-glazed crispy pork belly and Asian slaw on baguette buns (New) (Available September 2 through October 31)
- Cucumber-Tamarind Cocktail: Patron Silver Tequila, cucumber simple syrup, tamarind simple syrup, and fresh lime juice garnished with a marigold (New) (Available September 2 through November 10)
Lamplight Lounge (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Pumpkin-spiced Donuts: Warm fluffy donuts tossed in pumpkin-spiced sugar served with orange cream cheese dip and hot buttered rum sauce (New)
- One Last Toast: Patron Silver Tequila, cucumber simple syrup, tamarind simple syrup, and fresh lime juice garnished with a marigold (New)
Mortimer’s Market (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Vampire Mickey-shaped Sourdough
Pacific Wharf Café (Mobile order available)
- Pastrami Sandwich: Ghost pepper cheese sauce and house-made sauerkraut on a toasted French roll (New) (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Chocolate-Espresso Bread Pudding with crème anglaise, whipped topping, gummy eyeball, and toasted pecans (New) (Available through November 10)
Pacific Wharf Cappuccino Cart (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake: Pumpkin-flavored cake filled with dulce de leche and cream cheese frosting finished with chocolate stem and mousse leaf (New)
- Pumpkin-spiced Horchata Cold Brew: Creamy blend of cold brew, pumpkin-spiced rice, and cinnamon beverage (Non-alcoholic) (New)
- Pumpkin-spiced Horchata Cold Brew with Irish whiskey (New)
Pym Tasting Lab (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Snack Molecules: Flavored popcorn, mini pretzels, honey-roasted peanuts, and popped sorghum with mini peanut butter candies (New)
Pym Test Kitchen (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Butter Pecan Cold Brew: Butter pecan-flavored cold brew topped with candied pecans (Non-alcoholic) (New)
Schmoozies! (Available September 2 through October 31; Mobile order available)
- Minnie Witch Shake: Mint-chocolate chip shake with whipped topping and chocolate creme-filled cookie ears (Non-alcoholic)
- Blood Orange Shake with whipped topping and strawberry sauce (Non-alcoholic) (New)
Smokejumpers Grill (Mobile order available)
- Green Chile Double Burger: Two angus beef patties, roasted green chile salsa, and purple cabbage slaw served with poblano cheese dipping sauce (New) (Available September 2 through November 1)
- Mint Shake topped with whipped cream, chocolate cookie crumbles, gummy body parts, and a chocolate-covered snack cake (Non-alcoholic) (New) (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Cranberry-grape Punch: Cranberry and grape juices, ginger ale, blackberry syrup, blackberry purée, and orange flavor-filled boba (Non-alcoholic) (New) (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Cranberry-grape Cocktail: Black vodka, cranberry and grape juices, ginger ale, blackberry syrup, blackberry purée, and orange flavor-filled boba (New) (Available September 2 through November 10)
Studio Catering Co. (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Ghost Pepper Potato Bites with ghost pepper cheese sauce, smoky bacon, and pickled jalapeños
Buena Vista Churro Cart (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Pumpkin Spice Churro rolled in pumpkin spice flavored sugar (New)
Grizzly Peak Churro Cart (Available September 2 through November 10)
- Peanut Candy Churro rolled in peanut powder, sugar, and crushed peanuts drizzled with peanut butter sauce (New)
Hollywood Churro Cart (Available September 2 through November 10; Mobile order available)
- Sour Candy Churro: Sour sugar-dusted churro topped with sweet watermelon icing (New)
You can read all about the different Halloween treat offerings in our full Halloween foodie guide.
Oogie Boogie Bash Dining Package
For guests interested in booking a package to get reserved seating for the Frightfully Fun Parade can dine at either Wine Country Trattoria or enjoy a dessert party at Sonoma Terrace.
Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party
The dessert party includes a platter of Halloween treats (likely a similar experience to the World of Color dessert party) with reserved viewing for the Frightfully Fun Parade. This usually includes unlimited beverages as well.
You can now book the dessert party on the Disneyland website here.
- What's included: Desserts, beverages, and reserved viewing in front of Sonoma Terrace during the parade
- Price: $89 per person, full payment due at time of booking
- Time: The dessert party will start 45 minutes before the 1st parade time and 30 minutes before the 2nd parade time.
This dining experience you can book in advance and I highly recommend you do to ensure a spot if you're interested in this dessert party.
Wine Country Trattoria Dining Package
One of the options for a dining package is at the Wine Country Trattoria restaurant. This dining package cannot be reserved in advance but you can make a reservation for the restaurant and let them know when you arrive you want to upgrade to the dining package.
You can book the Wine Country Trattoria experience on the Disneyland website here.
- What’s Included: A 3-course, prix-fixe dinner (including a starter, entrée and dessert) at Wine Country Trattoria plus a voucher providing access to one of the Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing areas
- Price: $59 for adults age 10+ and $35 for children age 3 to 9 (there's a $10 upcharge for those ordering the rib-eye steak)
- Package Available: 12:30 PM – 6:00 PM on Oogie Boogie Bash dates
This scream-cious 3-corpse Italian feast features hearty house specialties. Enjoy a choice of starters, entrée selections that include several pasta dishes, rib-eye steak, chicken parmesan, seafood and vegetarian options and desserts to-die-for like tiramisu and chocolate panna cotta.
Oogie Boogie Themed Merchandise
Halloween always brings a plethora of new merchandise and this year is no exception! You can find Oogie Boogie Bash merchandise in California Adventure along with Halloween merchandise that's to die for. We found many of the event merchandise like the Minnie Ears pictured above along with the event dated pins behind the register so if you don't see it on the shelves- ask a cast member!
“Villainous!”- World of Color
Nothing has been announced for the return of Villainous to Ooogie Boogie Bash in 2023. The show did not run during the party last year either.
This Halloween themed “World of Color” show tells a Halloween Tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie as she goes on a journey exploring the villainous side of Disney characters.
This World of Color show is truly different than those offered in the post with all new animation for new characters and a narrative storyline of a young girl deciding if she'd rather be a Princess or a villain for Halloween. All of our favorite Disney villains, of course, make sure to give her input on these decisions along the way.
World of Color Villainous shows twice a night at 9:00pm and 10:45pm. The second showing is always less crowded than the first so that's something to keep in mind.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation!
For a complete help planning your entire Disneyland vacation, be sure to subscribe to our FREE Disneyland Deals newsletter. Here you will receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest priced Disneyland tickets anywhere.
Click the links below for more planning information on Disneyland Halloween and more!
- Disneyland Halloween Guide
- Where to Find Discount Disneyland Tickets Information
- Universal Studios Hollywood Tips and Tricks
- Best Places to Eat at Disneyland
- Disneyland Christmas Guide
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.
Thank you for the great info Lindsay! I am excited to see this new party and the Villainous World of Color show.
Do we need to get a fast pass for world of color?
It’s hard to say, we’ll know more after the first party and we will update the guide!
Has there been an update?
Because they limit the attendance of the parties, there won’t be FastPass offered. The second showing is always less crowded than the first.
Does this mean, we don’t get access to the nightmare before Christmas ride with the Halloween ticket? You used to be able to go into Cali Adventures and Disneyland on party night? Are they going to even redo the mansion ride this year?
It appears like they are limiting access to just California Adventure before the party this year- I assume this is to help control crowds for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge over at Disneyland. I am sure they will still theme the Haunted Mansion especially since it coordinates with the Christmas theme too.
Thank you so much the information is inspiring especially as it will be our first time we can’t wait so excited
We hope you have a wonderful time!
Will there be any dining packages for the Oogie Boogie bash
None have been announced yet but we’ll keep this guide posted with any changes.
Are all the rides open during events?
Are all of the rides open during the Oogie Boogie Bash? We will only be there Thursday through Saturday. We were planning on a 3 day ticket with an Early Morning. Do you think it is worth only getting a 2 day ticket and giving up the Early Morning and doing the Oogie Boogie Bash? This is our first Halloween at Disney and we are all adults who love Halloween and love Disney.
If you love Halloween and Disney (as we all do right? 🙂 I would absolutlely do the party! Especially being your first time! Most of the rides should be open (if its like it was for Mickeys Halloween), and its honestly just a blast! I think it being in DCA this year, will be extra special!
-Another diehard Disney(LAND) fan <3
We will be visiting for a few days in late Sept. and are buying park-hopper tickets for 3 days. While I’m interested in the Oogie Boogie Bash, I’m having a hard time justifying an additional $550 for my family of 5 to do this. Is it worth it, if we already have park-hopper tickets? How do you think the crowds will be in Disneyland if the party is in DCA?
Halloween is a busy time of year I would be prepared for crowds no matter what. But we do think the Halloween party is worth it, it’s so much fun!
HELP Oogie Boogie Bash ???? Hello,????I’m trying to find Disney guests who may have EXTRA tickets to the 9/26 Oogie Boogie Bash????. I desperately need up to 6 tickets for this particular date. I’ll take ANY available option. It’s my toddlers birthday. ????I have 6 tickets for a different date: 9/29 – So I am very to willing to negotiate a -**trade – **buy tickets. And I am willing to pay above the original purchase price to accommodate my request.
I’m just really motivated to find tickets for this event on the 9/26. I’ve looked tirelessly on eBay & Craig’s List with no luck. Thank you for your time and consideration????
So the party tickets no longer allow you to hop to either park
Unfortunately, they don’t.
OMG. I. Can. Not. Wait. Coming all the way from Australia & have my OBB ticket for Halloween night. 4 weeks in Anaheim. “There’s such a thing as too much Disney(land)” said no one ever!!
Are we allowed to take in our own strollers?
Yes, as long as they meet Disneyland’s size requirements!
My friends and I are coming in costume for the party. Will we be allowed to wear them in the few hours we are allowed in before the party officially starts or will we need to store them until 6pm?
I have the exact same question…
You are allowed to wear the costumes the entire time once you enter!
What time is the parade and Villainous world of color, on party nights?
The Frightfully Fun Parade is at 8:10pm.
World of Color Villainous runs twice at 9:00pm and 10:45pm.
I’d recommend checking the app when you enter though in case the times change!
Does the Oogie boogie bash ticket act as a park hopper like Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets..?
I just wanted to Say my Family an I had Such a good time at Mickey’s Halloween Party in 2018 That we Purchased 2 Halloween nights for 29th an 31st 2019 oogie boogie bash Only the find out that the Halloween party wasn’t being held at Disneyland.. The Halloween party just isn’t the same at California Adventure.. if the Halloween party continues to be held at California adventure we will not be back.. might have to try out Halloween in Disney World..! P.S The Halloween Party was a big Disappointment with it not being at DisneyLand..!
Sincerely- The Lawrence Family
Came here to get some insights into Oogie Boogie 2020 (this was great, thank you). One piece of info I was looking for was when will CA close on party nights? We are looking to go the very first week available, probably the Thursday event (provided they keep the same days of the week for the parties)
Thanks for providing such a thorough peek into the party!
Usually it will close around 4-5pm on party nights!
Hi Lindsay, thanks for the reply! I think Im looking for when the party will be over then? When will they shut down the attractions? 11p? 1130z?
Hi I have never been to Halloween party and my son and I really want to go this year. 2021. How can we know when the tickets will go on sale?
So far we don’t know yet if Oogie Boogie Bash will be returning in 2021- we’ll update this guide as soon as we hear any news from Disneyland!
Hi there! Confused – on Disneyland website it says children 3 and under don’t need a ticket for Oogie bash? Can you confirm?
Correct, children ages three and younger do not need a ticket!
What time do those tickets go on sale for the oogie boogie bash? Was trying to find a time but wasn’t able to.
Everything I’ve seen is 9AM PT time!
When will dining reservations become available?
I have the same question ????????♀️
Dining reservations are always available 60 days in advance but so far there hasn’t been any announced dining packages for the parade- we will update if this changes!
Going to OOOGIE BOOGIE this year for the first time. any suggestions?
Awesome, you’ll have a great time. I suggest reading through this article, at the end we’ve put together a lot of great tips!
Awesome info but I’m confused as to why there are 2 dessert times for Sonoma. I thought there was only 1 frightfully fun parade per night. Do you know what time the parade(s) start each night? Thanks!
There will be two parade viewings each night so the times listed are the times the parades take place. 🙂
If we have Disneyland ticket for the day, does the Disneyland side close early too when the bash happens? Just checked we won’t be asked to leave early if on that side. Thanks!
Nope, Disneyland will have regular hours.
Do we know what restaurants will be open during the Oogie Boogie Bash?
If you have 2 tickets for sale for Sunday October 24th please let me know!
Is there any path to getting tickets if sold out? Cancelations, resale or 3rd party?
Anyway, I’m so bummed, but we were watching the covid restrictions and couldn’t commit.
This is our first time to Disneyland…on that note. We have hopper tickets for the 17-20. So we have to have special tickets other than those to attend the oogie boogie bash?
Yes, Oogie Boogie Bash is a separate ticketed event.
Thanks so much, i needed the help with planning my next Disneyland vacation and we were thinking of going in October. All the information i could have ever wanted was pretty much all here! thanks to you i now know pretty much all the information i will need to go to the Oogie Boogie Bash, and all the villain themed stuff.
Good afternoon! I’m hoping to get the Halloween ticket this year. Do I have to try right at 9:00 first day of sale? I have a magic key already. Also, do you do Knotts Berry Farm discounts? Thanks, Jacki
Hi Jaclyn, of course this depends on which day you are attempting to lock in. Best of luck!
Hi there! Just had a quick question, for the dining package at Wine Trattoria, does the reservation need to be between 6:00PM and 9:00PM in order to upgrade for the parade seating? Or am I able to eat there earlier and still receive the upgrade for the parade seating?
Sorry, I mean 3:00 and 6:00.
As more information is released on Oogie Boogie dining packages for this year we will update that in this Disneyland Halloween Party guide.
How do you purchase tickets for Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party?
Once it gets closer Disneyland will release more details on what will be offered during Oogie Boogie Bash!
Do you know if Lamp Lounge and Pym Test Lab will be open during the event? Thank you!
Any news on Villains world of color during the Bash?
We are only in Anaheim for one day so I have a Disneyland ticket and then an oogie boogie bash party ticket. I intend to leave Disneyland park at 3 to head across to California adventure park- but my question is – how we do get on the rides at CAP without queuing too much ? As I didn’t need to buy a separate park ticket, will I get access to genie plus or lightning lanes? My party tickets are on the app but not showing on my itinerary so I’m concerned I won’t get to do the rides at California adventure. Pls help as it’s all so different to last time I visited WDW. Thanks
Attraction lines will be short during Oogie Boogie Bash so no need for Genie+ so you will be able to ride rides without long waits!
Thanks so much for the info, I was looking for this year’s details on the dining package because the Wine Country reservations confused me a little bit when I was reading about last year’s info–as it was from 3-6pm last year compared to 12:30-6pm this year! Your review was super helpful 🙂
I’m honestly not sure if they’ll have any Star Wars villains show up at Oogie Boogie Bash, but it would be pretty cool if they did get some to show up. Vader and Kylo Ren would be obvious choices, but Darth Maul or even Moff Gideon would be cool! I’d also like to see them try to bring in Sark from Tron or maybe Zurg.