Selecting a Disneyland Tour is a popular choice for many guests looking to learn more about the fine details and history of the parks. In this guide, we provide an overview of every tour offered at the Disneyland Resort along with pricing, benefits, and more.
Disneyland just announced that non-VIP tours will be returning for the first time since Disneyland closed for the pandemic. See the details on the returning tours below.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
“Walt's Main Street Story” Tour
Have you ever wondered what inspired Walt Disney to create what is now the go-to vacation hot spot in the world? In the “Walt's Main Street Story Tour”, you’ll hear classic stories of what inspired Walt to create a place for both the young and young-at-heart and hear some of the challenges he encounter along the way to building his dream. The tour features the history and details of Main Street U.SA. The highlight of the tour is a visit to Walt Disney's private apartment in the Disneyland Firehouse and refreshments on the patio.
This tour will resume on October 6, 2022.
“Walt's Main Street Story Tour” Times and Pricing
- Cost: $160 per person (this cost does not include admission tickets nor tax!)
- Age Interest: All ages
- Tour Length: 90 minutes
- Tour Times: The tour is currently listed to be departing every hour from 9 am to 5 pm (check Disney’s website for up-to-date tour times and to book)
Benefits of Taking the “Walt's Main Street Story Tour” Tour
- Get a behind the scenes look at Walt’s apartment above the Firehouse on Main Street U.S.A.'
- Refreshments on the Walt's apartment patio
- Disney PhotoPass photo of your party
- And more – In the past, guests have also received a commemorative pin
“Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort” Tour
See all that sparkles and shines on this holiday tour of both Parks! Hear how both Parks are transformed for the season and delight in listening to holiday traditions from around the world.
These tours return the first day of the Disneyland Christmas season, November 11.
“Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort” Tour Times and Pricing
- Cost: $110 per person (this cost does not include admission tickets nor tax!)
- Age Interest: Kids, Tweens, Teens, Adults
- Tour Length: 2.5 hours
- Tour Times: Check Disney’s website to book and for tour times.
Benefits of Taking the “Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort” Tour
- Receive reserved seating for A Christmas Fantasy parade!
- Receive a delicious treat on this tour. Treat could be a gingerbread man and hot cocoa or something new!
- A ride on “it's a Small World Holiday”
- And more – In the past guests have received a commemorative credential and pin
Disneyland Resort VIP Tours
Get to know the Disneyland Resort with your very own concierge! This ultimate Disneyland tour caters to you and your family’s every wish – giving you priority boarding to over 30 plus attractions, VIP seating at select parades and shows, easy access to character meet and greets, and more! Think this is outside your reach? Not necessarily! Here is how you can experience royalty at the Disneyland Resort with the Disneyland Resort VIP Tours.
Disneyland Resort VIP Tours Reservations and Pricing
- As with all things Disney, reservations are strongly encouraged well in advance and are also required for this tour! Not surprisingly, tours book up fast! Reservations can be made by contacting Disney Special Activities at DisneylandVIPTours@disney.com or (714) 300-7710, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm and Saturday – Sunday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Guests booking a tour must be 18 years of age or over.
- Tours start at $2,550 for a maximum of 10 guests. If there are more than 10 in your party, an additional Tour Guide is required, which is an additional cost. Yes, this sounds like a lot of money and it is; however, if you go with a group of family members who are willing to share the cost, this tour can be doable! Call to find out the exact cost for tours since prices are subject to additional fees.
- Tours are customizable, but do require a minimum of 6 hours. Of course, longer tours equal more money. Tours are scheduled between 8:00am – 11pm.
- Tips are not included, but highly recommended. Anywhere from $15-$20 per person makes for a good tip.
Benefits of the Disneyland Resort VIP Tour
Yes, the price is super high to take a Disneyland Resort VIP Tour, however, the benefits are what make it so worth it. Here is what you get when you take this tour:
- Customizable Day – The moment you book your Disneyland Resort VIP Tour, the magic begins with a call from a Tour Coordinator who will assist you in planning your prefect day, such as your start time, family specifics, and special celebrations. By no means is this a minute-by-minute set itinerary. This plan is flexible for any spur of the moment changes.
- Priority Access to Attractions – This benefit alone is what makes the VIP tour worth the money! Get priority access to over 30 plus Disneyland Resort attractions! Have unlimited access to all Fastpass Attractions and 15 other attractions in both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park.
- Priority Character Meet and Greets – Get priority access to meet and greet Mickey in his home in Toontown, available princesses in Fantasy Faire, and Anna and Elsa in Arrendale.
- Reserved Seating – Get special VIP seating for select parades, shows, and fireworks!
- Dining Reservations – Leave the dining reservations to your Tour Guide! Just tell him/her where you want to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner and your Tour Guide will try their best to accommodate your wishes.
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass – Capture your special day with unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads for the day! This includes access to photos taken on select attractions and during select character dining experiences.
- VIP Tips and Disney Stories – Your expert Tour Guide will share an earful of Disney insider tips and stories throughout your magical day!
- Cancellation notice of 48 hours is required to avoid a cancellation fee equal to 2 hours at the booked rate per each VIP Tour Guide.
- To check out a recent review of the Disneyland Resort VIP Tour, check out our personal review and guide here.
Below tours have not yet been announced to be returning and the below information has not been updated…
The Grand Circle Tour
If you are a train enthusiast like Walt was, then The Grand Circle Tour is a must-experience tour for you! On this Disneyland tour, you will hear memorable stories about Walt’s love of trains and how this love inspired many aspects of his films and the Disneyland Resort.
The Grand Circle Tour Times and Pricing
Cost: $85 per person (this cost does not include admission tickets nor tax!)This tour has not yet been announced to be returning in 2022.
- Age Interest: All ages
- Tour Length: 2 hours
- Tour Times: Check Disney’s website for up-to-date tour times.
Benefits of Taking The Grand Circle Tour
- Climb aboard the Disneyland Railroad’s parlor car – The Lilly Belle – and ride the rails around Disneyland. This unique experience is not available to Park guests!
- Enjoy a beverage and a specially-themed donut before you chug your way through this tour.
- Receive a tour-specific collectible, such as a copy of the Disneyland Railroad map and a credential.
- Receive a collectible pin.
Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour
Get ready to have a frighteningly good time with Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour. Roam the Park where you will hear some spooky ghost stories that have occurred in Disneyland.
Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour Times and Pricing
Cost: $85 per person (this cost does not include admission tickets nor tax!)This tour will not be returning for this Disneyland Halloween season.
- Age Interest: Tweens, Teens, Adults – Due to the spooky nature of this tour, guests 3 and over only.
- Tour Length: 2 hours
- Tour Times: TBA – Call for tour times or check Disney’s website. Tour times are tentatively set to begin September 7 and run through October 31.
Benefits of Taking Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour
- Receive a delicious treat on this tour.
- Receive a special collectible pin and credential to commemorate the tour.
- Receive a Fastpass for the Haunted Mansion.
- Take a picture with a character from the Haunted Mansion.
Disneyland Resort Tours Additional Information
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. Same-day books are available for every tour (except the VIP tours) on a walk-up basis. Tours do sell out so it is a good idea to book ahead.
- Please call (714) 781-TOUR or (714) 781-8687 to make reservations. Guests must be 18 years of age or over to book a tour.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (18 or older) during every tour for the entirety of tour.
- Full payment is due at time of booking and is nonrefundable.
- Tours in languages other than English may be available with advance notice.
- Theme Park Admission tickets are needed to participate in all tours and are not included in the cost of any of the tours.
- Same-day visits to one or both theme parks—Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park—requires separate admission to both parks.
- Complimentary strollers, wheelchairs, and lockers offered to VIP Tour Guests (based on availability).
- Plan to do a lot of walking on every tour since all tours are primarily outdoors. Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.
- Some tours are audio-enhanced and equipment is provided, but you may bring your own headphones. Call ahead of time to see if your tour is an audio-enhanced tour!
- Tours are also subject to cancellation without notice due to, without limitation, attraction availability, inclement weather, or other conditions.
- All offerings, services, and experiences are subject to availability, change, or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Some tours qualify for a 15% discount if you are a Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder or Disney Vacation Club Member. Also, Disney Rewards Visa card holders may be eligible for a 15% discount.
The Day Of Your Disneyland Tour Information
The day has finally arrived for your Disneyland Tour! What do you do now? Here is some helpful information to assist you so you’re prepared for your Disneyland tour!
- Once in the Park, head to the Disneyland Tour Gardens kiosk (left of City Hall) for check-in.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your Disneyland tour—late arrivals will not be accommodated.
- Present your confirmation number (which you will be given when you book your tour with a Tour Specialist over the phone. Note your confirmation number because Disney does not send out confirmation emails) and photo ID at the tour kiosk. If you do not have your confirmation number, you may use your last name and the credit card number used to purchase the tickets.
- After checking in, gather by the sign that says, “Guided Tour Guests—Please Meet Your Tour Guide Here.”
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation with a Specialized Disneyland Tour
Ready to book your Disneyland tour? First subscribe to our FREE Deals Newsletter. Our newsletter is full of helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere. You can also find more information on planning your vacation here:
- Disneyland Packages: Best Ways to Enjoy Your Disneyland Vacation
- Flying to Disneyland – Which Airport to Fly into and How to Get to the Resort
- Best Time to Visit Disneyland 2018
- Ultimate Disneyland Ride and Attraction Guide
- Disney California Adventure Ride and Attraction Guide
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.