The Disneyland fireworks are the best way to end your night with a bang as you watch the night sky fill with dazzling characters on select nights throughout the year. We have all the information in this Disneyland fireworks guide.
This is everything you need to know about Disneyland fireworks, including the different fireworks shows put on throughout the year and where to find the best spots to watch Disneyland fireworks.
Disneyland Fireworks Times and Info
What time are the fireworks at Disneyland? This is at the top of everyone's list of questions about Disneyland. The Disneyland fireworks schedule runs nightly during peak seasons (summer) and around the holidays. Off season, fireworks are Friday through Sunday. To ensure that there will be a fireworks show on your visit, it is always a good idea to check Disney’s website, the Disney app, or ask a Cast Member.
- Fireworks Location: The skies above Disneyland.
- Time: 9:30pm-ish (again, check Disney’s website, the Disney app, or ask a Cast Member for exact times as show times may vary.)
- Age Interest: All ages (Be aware that within the Park, the fireworks can be pretty loud, so if someone in your group gets frightened by loud noises, you may want to watch the show from outside the Park.)
- Duration of Fireworks: Approximately 16 minutes
Get a Bang for Your Buck! Disneyland COMBO Hotel + Ticket Discounts Don't pay full price when you can book your Disneyland tickets and hotel through our recommended travel sponsor (they have worked with Disney for 28 years). We've worked out the deals; All you have to do is book your vacation! Book now!
Disneyland Fireworks Throughout the Year
Depending on what time of the year you visit Disneyland determines what fireworks show you will see light up the night sky. Of course, special celebrations, such as Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary and PixarFest, brought different fireworks displays unique to each celebration. The following fireworks shows are currently showing throughout the year.
Disneyland Forever Fireworks 2019
What to Expect: The Disneyland Forever fireworks first debuted with the Disneyland 60th anniversary and feature musical numbers from popular Disney films with projections throughout the park and special props on Main Street USA. The show features music from Mary Poppins, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Lion King, Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, and Frozen. With a touching opening and closing song, this is a great fireworks show.
When to See This Show: Disneyland Forever is currently playing and will likely play nightly at Disneyland throughout the summer. No end date has been shared yet.
“Remember… Dreams Come True” Fireworks Spectacular
What to Expect: Expect an all-inclusive Disney display of magic, music, and fun. In this jaw-dropping pyrotechnic extravaganza, wishes from beloved Disney characters and Walt himself are displayed through music, special effects, lasers, and fireworks! Tinker bell glides through the air over Sleeping Beauty’s Castle waving her wand to the sounds of Disney classics. Chances are, if you are watching this fireworks show, your dream has come true!
When to See This Show: This Disneyland fireworks show is currently on hiatus. There is no public plans for this popular show's return.
What to Expect: Expect a one-of-a-kind display honoring America the Beautiful! Watch as reds, whites, and blues explode in the blackened night sky along with some patriot tunes as Stars and Stripes flash across the majestic Castle.
When to See This Show: Only on the 4th of July will you be able to witness this truly patriotic show.
What to Expect: NEW this year for the 2019 Halloween season, for the first time in nearly a decade, all guests visiting Disneyland can experience the Halloween Screams projection and special effects show. In previous years guests had to have a ticket to the Halloween party at Disneyland to see this special Halloween themed show.
Since the Halloween party will take place at California Adventure this year, all guests visiting Disneyland can see Halloween Screams without having to purchase a party ticket! Fireworks will enhance this projection show on select nights like peak crowded days and weekends.
“Believe… in Holiday Magic”
What to Expect: During Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, prepare to be awestruck as you watch the fireworks illuminate the sky behind Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. The Castle itself adds to the holiday magic as it glows with icicles that dangle from snow-capped turrets and more than 80,000 twinkling lights. If you are on Main Street U.S.A., near “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland, or near the Rivers of America, tilt your head towards the sky as you watch the fireworks and you may be able to feel snow flurries land on your face!
Fireworks on New Year’s Eve at Disneyland
What to Expect: If you plan on spending New Year’s Eve at Disneyland, a must-see event to ring in the brand-new year is watching the fireworks at midnight. Join in on the countdown to midnight and welcome the New Year at the Happiest Place on Earth! Because this is extra late for some Guests, be sure to take a break mid-day so that you are able to make it to midnight to see the fireworks. And the night does not end right at midnight since Disneyland stays open until 2am!
Best Disneyland Fireworks Viewing Locations
Although Disneyland’s fireworks show can be viewed just about anywhere in the Resort, here is a list of prime places to view the fireworks at the Disneyland Resort. Remember, it is a necessity to arrive anywhere from 1-2 hours before the show to claim your spot (and sometimes 3 hours before the fireworks if you want to stand right in front of the Castle). Be sure to check with Cast Members on locations and if you are able to set yourself up early.
Best Fireworks Viewing Spots in Disneyland
- In front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle – By far the most popular spot to take in the full experience of the show, including views of the projections on the Castle, fireworks in the sky, and Tinkerbell in flight.
- Near Partners Statue – Although this area gets quite busy since it is the main vein for Guests making their way through this area to get to other Lands, it still is a nice spot to be. Be aware that there may be some trees obstructing your view.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – Grab a table and a bite to eat near the front railing to catch a view of the fireworks. Some trees may obstruct your Castle view, but still a great spot to be to view the fireworks.
- Main Street, U.S.A. – Anywhere on Main Street gives you awesome views of the Castle and fireworks. Projections also play against the storefronts. And you really don’t have to grab a spot until about 30-40 minutes before the show. Cast Members rope off certain sections of the street to keep pedestrian traffic moving. So grab a spot on the curb and enjoy the show.
- Main Street Train Station – Take a seat on a bench and relax. You will not get a great view of the Castle, but the aerial views are quite nice.
- In front of “it's a small world” – If crowds are not your thing, go further into Fantasyland near “it’s a small world.” You will not get a view of the Castle show, but projections flash against “it’s a small world’s” facade while music accompanies the show. Get a great picture of “it’s a small world” with fireworks that explode in the sky just left of “it's a small world.”
- Along the Rivers of America in Frontierland – Music plays along with the fireworks show as lights dance against spays of water in the Rivers of America. If you caught the first showing of Fantasmic then stay right where you are to enjoy the fireworks!
- Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience – Why not enjoy the fireworks show from the comfort of the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge while enjoying sweet desserts and both hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages. Lounge is open from 8-10pm and reservations are required. Cost is $50 per guest, tax included, no charge for guests under 3.
Where is the best place to watch the Disneyland Fireworks 2019?
- Esplanade – The area between Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park is a hot spot for viewing the fireworks show outside the Park since it is less crowded. You will not be able to see the Castle, but you do get to enjoy music that accompanies the fireworks show.
- Paradise Pier Pool Balcony – Paradise Pier Pool Balcony is an ideal spot to view the fireworks show whether you are a hotel guest or not. Catch an elevator to the third floor and exit out the double doors to your right once off the elevator. The best part about this location is you can grab a snack and drink at the Surfside Lounge before heading up to see the show.
- Select Hotel Rooms at the Disneyland Resort – Some rooms at the Disneyland Hotel (Adventure Tower and select rooms in the Frontier Tower) and some rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa have great views of the fireworks show. While watching the show from the comfort of your hotel room, flip on the TV and listen to the music that accompanies the show.
- Select Good Neighbor Hotels around Disneyland — Some good neighbor hotels in the Disneyland Resort area have views of the fireworks from their hotel. These hotels will typically advertise this on their website such as the Clarion and the Howard Johnson Anaheim. You can also see an extensive guide to Disneyland Good Neighbor hotels here.
Glow with the Show
Join in on the fun with wearable accessories that light up with specific Disneyland fireworks shows! Ask a Cast Member before purchasing whether or not you will glow with the specific Disneyland fireworks show.
Disneyland Fireworks Cancellation
Checking Disney’s website or downloading the Disney app is the best way to stay informed about fireworks at Disneyland since the fireworks are dependent on the weather. On windy, stormy, and rainy days, the fireworks more than likely will be cancelled. Disneyland fireworks are often canceled due to high winds so if seeing fireworks is priority, make sure you don't leave it for your last night to watch.
Mind Your Manners
Because the Disneyland fireworks show is at night and certain areas can get very dark, remember to mind your manners! The excitement of what’s to come does ignite fury in us all, but be respectful of other Guests.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation
Are you ready to be dazzled by the Disneyland fireworks? Subscribe to our FREE deals newsletter that is filled with explosive Disney deals, as well as great planning information and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere. To further plan your vacation, find more helpful tips and tricks here:
- Disneyland Planning Guide
- Disneyland Restaurant Reviews and Dining Tips
- Disneyland Packages: Guide to Best Way to Enjoy Disneyland Vacation
- Ultimate Disneyland Ride and Attraction Guide
- Disneyland FastPass Guide