The Disneyland fireworks are the best way to end your night with a bang as you watch the night sky fill with dazzling characters on select nights throughout the year. We have all the information in this Disneyland fireworks guide.
This is everything you need to know about Disneyland fireworks, including the different fireworks shows put on throughout the year and where to find the best spots to watch Disneyland fireworks.
Disneyland has announced the return of more beloved fireworks shows in 2022! Scroll down for more information.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
2022 Disneyland Fireworks Return
The Disneyland Forever fireworks are shown on weekends and the projections only Mickey's Mix Magic will be presented on the week days until the end of May when Disneyland Forever will show nightly throughout the summer. The Disneyland Forever fireworks are a guest favorite that originally debuted as part of Disneyland's 60th Anniversary and features music from popular Disney films.
The Main Street Electrical Parade has returned and on May 28 Disneyland Fantasmic! will also return. Starting that day, the typical the nighttime schedule is the first showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade followed by/concurrent with the first showing of Fantasmic! and then the Disneyland fireworks followed by the second performances of Fantasmic! and the Main Street Electrical Parade.
Disneyland Fireworks Times and Info
What time are the fireworks at Disneyland?
This is at the top of everyone's list of questions about Disneyland. The Disneyland fireworks schedule runs nightly during peak seasons (summer) and around the holidays. Off season, fireworks are Friday through Sunday. To ensure that there will be a fireworks show on your visit, it is always a good idea to check Disney’s website, the Disney app or ask a Cast Member.
- Fireworks Location: The skies above Disneyland.
- Time: 9:30pm-ish (again, check Disney’s website, the Disney app or ask a Cast Member for exact times as show times may vary.)
- Age Interest: All ages (Be aware that within the park the fireworks can be pretty loud so if someone in your group gets frightened by loud noises, you may want to watch the show from outside the park.)
- Duration of Fireworks: Approximately 16 minutes
Disneyland Fireworks Throughout the Year
Depending on what time of the year you visit Disneyland determines what fireworks show you will see light up the night sky. The holiday season at Disneyland and Halloween both bring their own unique fireworks shows!
The following fireworks shows are currently showing throughout the year.
Mickey's Mix Magic Fireworks
What to Expect: This is a high energy fireworks show featuring projections and remixes of your favorite Disney songs from properties including Coco, the Haunted Mansion, Frozen, and the Jungle Book. Both a fireworks show and dance party, Mickey's Mix Magic is a ton of fun and will have you dancing to the beat. This show has two versions–one with fireworks and one with just the projections. Typically, the projection only version of the show is reserved for slower weekday nights or nights when it is too windy for fireworks.
When to See This Show: Mickey's Mix Magic will often run in-between peak seasons. This show runs on and off throughout the year. Currently the show is running in its projections only version on week days.
Disneyland Forever Fireworks
What to Expect: The Disneyland Forever fireworks first debuted with the Disneyland 60th anniversary and feature musical numbers from popular Disney films with projections throughout the park and special props on Main Street USA. The show features music from Mary Poppins, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Lion King, Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, and Frozen. With a touching opening and closing song, this is a great fireworks show.
When to See This Show: Disneyland Forever will return on April 22nd on the weekends.
What to Expect: All guests visiting Disneyland can experience the Halloween Screams projection and special effects show. In previous years guests had to have a ticket to the Halloween party at Disneyland to see this special Halloween themed show.
Since the Halloween party will take place at California Adventure this year, all guests visiting Disneyland can see Halloween Screams without having to purchase a party ticket! Fireworks will enhance this projection show on select nights like peak crowded days and weekends.
Disneyland 4th of July Fireworks
What to Expect: Expect a one-of-a-kind display honoring America the Beautiful! Watch as reds, whites, and blues explode in the blackened night sky along with some patriot tunes as Stars and Stripes flash across the majestic Castle.
When to See This Show: Only on the 4th of July will you be able to witness this truly patriotic show.
“Believe… in Holiday Magic”
What to Expect: During Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, prepare to be awestruck as you watch the fireworks illuminate the sky behind Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. The Castle itself adds to the holiday magic as it glows with icicles that dangle from snow-capped turrets and more than 80,000 twinkling lights. If you are on Main Street U.S.A., near “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland, or near the Rivers of America, tilt your head towards the sky as you watch the fireworks and you may be able to feel snow flurries land on your face!
When to See the Show: During the holiday season which runs from mid-November to the first week of January.
Fireworks on New Year’s Eve at Disneyland
What to Expect: If you plan on spending New Year’s Eve at Disneyland, a must-see event to ring in the brand-new year is watching the fireworks at midnight. Join in on the countdown to midnight and welcome the New Year at the Happiest Place on Earth! Because this is extra late for some Guests, be sure to take a break mid-day so that you are able to make it to midnight to see the fireworks. And the night does not end right at midnight since Disneyland stays open until 2am!
Best Disneyland Fireworks Viewing Locations
Although Disneyland’s fireworks show can be viewed just about anywhere in the Resort, here is a list of prime places to view the fireworks at the Disneyland Resort. Remember, it is a necessity to arrive anywhere from 1-2 hours before the show to claim your spot (and sometimes 3 hours before the fireworks if you want to stand right in front of the Castle). Be sure to check with Cast Members on locations and if you are able to set yourself up early.
Best Fireworks Viewing Spots Inside Disneyland
- In front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle – By far the most popular spot to take in the full experience of the show, including views of the projections on the Castle, fireworks in the sky, and Tinkerbell in flight.
- Near Partners Statue – Although this area gets quite busy since it is the main vein for Guests making their way through this area to get to other Lands, it still is a nice spot to be. Be aware that there may be some trees obstructing your view.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – Grab a table and a bite to eat near the front railing to catch a view of the fireworks. Some trees may obstruct your Castle view, but still a great spot to be to view the fireworks.
- Main Street, U.S.A. – Anywhere on Main Street gives you awesome views of the Castle and fireworks. Projections also play against the storefronts. And you really don’t have to grab a spot until about 30-40 minutes before the show. Cast Members rope off certain sections of the street to keep pedestrian traffic moving. So grab a spot on the curb and enjoy the show.
- Main Street Train Station – Take a seat on a bench and relax. You will not get a great view of the Castle, but the aerial views are quite nice.
- In front of “it's a small world” – If crowds are not your thing, go further into Fantasyland near “it’s a small world.” You will not get a view of the Castle show, but projections flash against “it’s a small world’s” facade while music accompanies the show. Get a great picture of “it’s a small world” with fireworks that explode in the sky just left of “it's a small world.”
- Along the Rivers of America in Frontierland – Music plays along with the fireworks show as lights dance against spays of water in the Rivers of America. If you caught the first showing of Fantasmic then stay right where you are to enjoy the fireworks!
- Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience – Why not enjoy the fireworks show from the comfort of the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge while enjoying sweet desserts and both hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages. Lounge is open from 8-10pm and reservations are required. Cost is $50 per guest, tax included, no charge for guests under 3.
- This experience is currently unavailable but may return at a later date.
Regardless of where you decide to watch, I highly recommend bringing some type of packable or easy to carry blanket with you to sit on. Not necessarily for comfort but to help mark your space! You'll find that some of these viewing areas, especially in front of the castle, can get extremely crowded and having that blanket to sit on will clearly mark your space. You will be asked to stand about ten minutes before the show start so be prepared!
Can you watch the fireworks outside of Disneyland?
- Esplanade – The area between Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park is a hot spot for viewing the fireworks show outside the Park since it is less crowded. You will not be able to see the Castle, but you do get to enjoy music that accompanies the fireworks show.
- Paradise Pier Pool Balcony – Paradise Pier Pool Balcony is an ideal spot to view the fireworks show whether you are a hotel guest or not. Catch an elevator to the third floor and exit out the double doors to your right once off the elevator. The best part about this location is you can grab a snack and drink at the Surfside Lounge before heading up to see the show.
- Select Hotel Rooms at the Disneyland Resort – Some rooms at the Disneyland Hotel (Adventure Tower and select rooms in the Frontier Tower) and some rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa have great views of the fireworks show. While watching the show from the comfort of your hotel room, flip on the TV and listen to the music that accompanies the show.
- Select Good Neighbor Hotels around Disneyland — Some good neighbor hotels in the Disneyland Resort area have views of the fireworks from their hotel. These hotels will typically advertise this on their website such as the Clarion and the Howard Johnson Anaheim. You can also see an extensive guide to Disneyland Good Neighbor hotels here.
Disneyland Fireworks Cancellation
Checking Disney’s website or downloading the Disney app is the best way to stay informed about fireworks at Disneyland since the fireworks are dependent on the weather. On windy, stormy, and rainy days, the fireworks more than likely will be cancelled. Disneyland fireworks are often canceled due to high winds so if seeing fireworks is priority, make sure you don't leave it for your last night to watch.
It's not uncommon for fireworks to be canceled for high winds since Southern California has to be extra careful to minimize any risk of fire. We recommend trying to see the fireworks early in your visit rather than saving them for the last night in case you run into cancellations.
If you're near Main Street around 7PM, you might catch the ‘balloon test' where the release one balloon up into to the air to see if it flies to the left or right to gauge the strength of the winds.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation
Are you ready to be dazzled by the Disneyland fireworks? Subscribe to our FREE deals newsletter that is filled with explosive Disney deals, as well as great planning information and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere. To further plan your vacation, find more helpful tips and tricks here:
- Disneyland Planning Guide
- Disneyland Restaurant Reviews and Dining Tips
- Disneyland Packages: Guide to Best Way to Enjoy Disneyland Vacation
- Ultimate Disneyland Ride and Attraction Guide
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.