The Disneyland Hotel is just a monorail ride away from Disneyland and steps away from Disney California Adventure Park – all accessible through the Downtown Disney District. The Disneyland Hotel’s location, prestige grounds, and hospitality make this hotel an excellent option for lodging when visiting Disneyland – if you are willing to pay the high price!
Here is my full Disneyland hotel review.
My family and I have been lucky enough to stay at the Disneyland Hotel numerous times. I hope that I can help you to answer the question:
Is the Disneyland hotel worth it for the price?
Save on your stay! Disneyland COMBO Hotel + Ticket Discounts Save big when you book your Disneyland tickets and hotel through our recommended
travel sponsor (they have worked with Disney for 28 years). We negotiated the lowest prices on tickets and hotels so you don’t have to worry. Book now!
Disneyland Hotel’s Prime Location
Disneyland Hotel Review
Read on for the full experience of staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotel!
Disneyland Hotel’s Check-In/Check-Out Process
Disneyland Hotel Property
Recreation at the Disneyland Hotel
- A Magical Night at the Movies
- Character Greetings
- Get Up & Go Power Walk
- Fitness Center
- Happiest Hotel on Earth Tour
- Island Time Evenings
- E-Ticket Pool
- D-Ticket Pool
- Monorail Waterslides
- Poolside Cabanas
- Trivia Challenges
Disneyland Hotel Amenities
- Downtown Disney District
- In-Room Celebrations
- Guest Services Desk
- High-Speed Wi-Fi
- AEDs/Automated External Defibrillators
- Disney Fantasia Shop
- small world Gifts
- Business Center
- Dry Cleaning
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Key to the Magic
- Laundry Room
- Meeting and Banquet Facilities
- Lost and Found
- Merchandise Delivery
- On-Site Parking
- Services for Guests with Disabilities
- Smoking Areas
- Room Service
Disneyland Hotel Review: Rooms
The beds are very comfortable at the Disneyland Hotel and the room was well-kept. The only real problem we ever had is the lack of hot water sometimes when showering late at night.
- Air conditioning/heater
- Mini- refrigerator
- Hair dryer
- Coffee maker
- Crib (by request)
Disneyland Hotel Review: Onsite Restaurants
- Steakhouse 55
- Goofy’s Kitchen
- Tangaroa Terrace -Casual Island Dining
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
Disneyland Hotel Review: Discounts
Final Thoughts and Disneyland Hotel Review
Pros of Staying at the Disneyland Hotel
- Proximity to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure – Getting to and from the Parks are easy and do not require that much walking. The monorail is right inside the gate, steps away from the Disneyland Hotel. To get to the front entrance of both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park, it is about a 5-10 minute walk.
- Magic Mornings – Guests staying at the Disneyland Resort have access to early mornings in each Park on designated days! Magic Mornings are so fun and super convenient.
- Cast Members are super friendly at the Disneyland Hotel. Yes, I’ve encountered some Cast Members who were not super friendly, but the majority of Cast Members are super friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make your stay magical!
- Check-In/Check-Out is fast, convenient, and easy. No matter what time you arrive, you are able to check-in and store your bags. Of course, you will not get your room until later in the day, but if you are going into the Park or simply walking Downtown Disney, you are able to without worrying about the hassle that comes with checking-in. And Check out is super easy and convenient!
- Key to the Magic Cards are a fun perk. I mean, who doesn’t like to charge things back to their room!
- Clean – The Disneyland Hotel is kept immaculate! Not only are the rooms clean, but the grounds are well-maintained and the gardens are beautiful year-round.
- Comfortable beds – I have to say that the beds at the Disneyland Hotel are comfortable!
- Housekeeping friendly and thorough – Housekeeping does a good job of cleaning your room in a timely manner, which is always a good thing when you leave to go into the Park early and come back by early afternoon to a clean room!
- Safe – The Disneyland Hotel, for me, feels safe. I always notice security riding around on their bikes. This is a big thing for me and is always the first thing I look for when traveling.
- Refrigerator in rooms are convenient. My family and I always bring back sweets or left-overs so the refrigerator in the room is a nice perk.
Cons for Staying at the Disneyland Hotel
- High Price to Stay at the Disneyland Hotel – As much as I love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, the price is super expensive. The nightly cost to stay at the Disneyland Hotel starts at $418, per night, plus tax, and all the other fees that come along with it. The cost changes nightly and is dependent on days of the weeks, special events, and seasons.
- Room Service is extremely expensive and the food is just okay. There really is no convenient, affordable dining (like a McDonald’s) near the Disneyland Hotel, so guests have no other choice but to eat at a restaurant onsite or order room service.
- WiFi – Disneyland’s high-speed WiFi is not all that high speed.
- Showers – Forget a late night shower because sometimes the water runs cold.
- Expensive – Simply put – everything cost more while staying at the Disneyland Hotel!
Ready to Book Your Disney Vacation?
Let us help you get started on planning your Disney vacation! Signup for our newsletter which is full of exclusive Disney deals and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere! You can find more information on planning your vacation here:
- Disneyland Clarion Hotel Review and How to Get Free Parking & Breakfast
- 7 Best Hotels Near Disneyland & Top Disneyland Hotel Deals
- Best Time to Visit Disneyland
- Flying to Disneyland – Which Airport to Fly into and How to Get to the Resort
- Disneyland Ride and Attraction Guide