Just steps away from Downtown Disney District and the front entrance into Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is a wonderful option of stay if you are looking for quality, comfort, and fun! Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is part of the Disneyland Resort and that alone says it all!
My family and I recently stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel (and this wasn’t our first time, either) and we absolutely loved it – which is why we add this hotel to our list of choices when visiting the Disneyland Resort. If you love the beach and boardwalk, you’ll love this hotel even more so because this hotel’s theme is the beach/boardwalk! The following hotel review explores the magic of this hotel. Who knows, you may be tempted to start booking your stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel soon after!
Scroll down for an update on the re-theme of the Paradise Pier Hotel that was just announced.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Paradise Pier Hotel Transforming Into Pixar Theme
Disneyland just announced that the Paradise Pier Hotel will soon be rethemed to your favorite worlds of Pixar. Guests will find carefully unique artwork and decorations that share the creative journeys of the artists that brought these stories to life. Based on the information released I am imagining the experience will be similar to that of the Lamplight Lounge.
Guests will also find large scale touches like the Pixar Lamp and Ball in the lobby.
At the same time, the resort shared that there are new and returning amenities coming for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests. They shared that:
- A new walkway and private entrance to Disney California Adventure is coming for Paradise Pier Hotel guests.
- The new ““Hey Disney!” – voice assistant which works with Alexa on Amazon Echo devices will soon be popping up in Disneyland Resort hotel rooms as a way to make your stay more comfortable. Curious to see what comes here!
- Later this summer, guests will again be able to send select theme park purchases back to their hotel rooms.
- Early entry is returning for hotel guests! We will share more details as we have them!
Here's a look at the new entrance into Disney California Adventure.
Below is our 2022 review of Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.
Paradise Pier Hotel Review – No Shuttle Needed
As with all Disneyland Resort Hotels, Paradise Pier allows quick access to the Downtown Disney District and the front entrances into both Parks. The easiest way to get to the Downtown Disney District (because from there is where you will access both Parks), exit the Paradise Pier Hotel from the back (as if you are heading into the parking structure). Follow the path that winds along the Disneyland Hotel and gets you right to security at the west end of the Downtown Disney District.
From Paradise Pier Hotel, yes, I admit, it is a bit further of a walk than from the Disneyland Hotel and definitely from Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa, however, not by much. In the past, hotel guests could sneak through the Disney Grand California Hotel and Spa to gain access to Downtown Disney and the entrances into both Parks, however, this is no longer the case. Paradise Pier Hotel guests (and Good Neighbor Hotel guests) cannot use Disney Grand California Hotel and Spa as a way into Downtown Disney and both Parks. Disney has become quite strict on these rules and will turn guests back from where they came from. So, don’t bother trying!
Paradise Pier Hotel Check-In/Check-Out Process
Checking in to the Paradise Pier Hotel is quick and very easy! As with all Disneyland Resort Hotels, guests are allowed to check in at any time; however, you will not get your room number until your room is ready (which is usually in the afternoon). Disney makes the process go so smoothly and quickly so that you can get on your way into the Parks.
My family and I arrived at 7am. We pulled our car into the front of the hotel. There are Cast Members at the front of the hotel, but from this experience and the many times before when we have stayed here, the Cast Members only approach you if you are taking advantage of the valet services or baggage check. We never valet park at Paradise Pier Hotel because the parking structure is right behind the hotel and very easy to access from the hotel. Cast Members are more than happy to help you unload your baggage and bring it to the Bell Desk for storage. That way, when your room is ready, all you have to do is call for your luggage and it is delivered to your room!
Of course, the Paradise Pier Hotel charges you $20 to self-park, per vehicle, per night and $30 valet per vehicle, per night. My family self-parks only after unloading all of our luggage with a Bell Hop Cast Member.
At the front desk, Cast Members are quick to move through the line of guests waiting to check-in. We did not wait long to start the check-in process. Remember, though, I checked in at 7am. I am guessing it gets busy around 3pm, check-in time. But even so, Cast Members are quick to move through the line. If you check-in before 3pm, you will receive your room keys at this time, however, Cast Members will not give you your room number if the room is not ready. Provide the Front Desk your cell number so they can text you when your room is ready. With this text will come your room number as well!
I love getting the check-in process over with so we can go play in the Parks! Usually the text message comes around 1pm or 2pm telling us that our room is ready with the room number. All we have to do is go straight to our room. It’s that easy!
Guests have the option of how many room cards they need or want. Your room card is also your parking permit which you can use if you plan on leaving the Resort and returning. What’s even better, you have the option of transforming these cards into Key to the Magic cards. Simply put, these cards are what you can use to charge back to your room at select locations around the Resort.
Check-out is as easy as just walking out of the hotel! Check-out time is 11am. For an additional charge and if available, you are able to extend your check-out time. On the day you check out, your hotel bill will be emailed to the email address on file. On this specific visit, I did not receive an email so I had to call and request the bill to be sent. This system is fairly new, so be patient with Disney. You keep your room keys as souvenirs! Of course, if you have any bills to settle, Cast Members will be happy to assist you at the Front Desk!
Paradise Pier Hotel Room Accommodations:
- Paradise Pier Hotel has only one tower that has the following room types:
- Standard View
- Premium View
- Standard View – Club Level
- Premium View – Club Level
- 1-Bedroom Suite
- 2-Bedroom Suite
- Signature Suites
Paradise Pier Hotel Review: Rooms
Your Premium View rooms are going to be on a higher floor with views of Disney California Adventure Park. We stayed in a Premium View room and were highly impressed! The views at night are amazing! Rooms are in great shape and highly comfortable! You will definitely get a good night sleep on their comfy beds! And I have to add that Housekeeping is amazing! We requested more bar soap for our room and they are quick to bring guests more than enough!
The fun touches of the beach are found throughout the room from beach ball pillows to the lifeguard Mickey lamp.
Paradise Pier In-Room Amenities:
- High-Speed Internet – WiFi Service
- Hair Dryer
- Dual Line Phone with Voice Mail
- Ice Bucket
- Crib Pack ‘n Play Upon Request
- Alarm Clock
- Interior Corridor Access
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Shower & Bathtub Combo
- Iron & Board
- Bathroom Amenities
- Safe – In Room
Paradise Pier Hotel Recreation:
- A Magical Night at the Movies
- Get Up & Go Power Walk
- Fitness Center
- Paradise Kid's Theater
- Trivia Challenges
Disney’s Paradise Pier Rooftop Pool
The rooftop pool is amazing! My family and I always take advantage of the pool and the California Streamin’ waterslide in the spring and summer. You can find the pool entrance from the 3rd floor of the hotel. During peak season and hot days, the pool can get a bit crowded which is the only downside. Being that there is only one pool and it is not that big, when it does get crowded, it is really kind of hard to enjoy a nice, relaxing swim when you are trying to avoid getting kicked.
The Sand Bar is located right next to the pool and offers cocktails, sandwiches, and snacks. It is open seasonally. With that being said, I have only seen it open once. The hours of operation vary so catching this convenience is sporadic!
Many hotel guests flock to the pool deck to watch the fireworks above Disneyland. The views are great and the hotel plays a live synchronized broadcast of the soundtrack while you watch!
Paradise Pier Hotel Amenities:
- In-Room Celebrations
- Guest Services Desk
- Downtown Disney District
- Merchandise Delivery
- Business Center
- Dry Cleaning Services
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations
- Key to the Magic
- Laundry Room
- Meeting and Banquet Facilities
- Mickey in Paradise Gift Shop
- Services for Guests with Disabilities
- Smoking Areas
My family and I shopped at the Mickey in Paradise Gift Shop. As with all things Disney, this gift shop is pricy. What I do love about this gift shop is that it has snacks, souvenirs, and necessities you may have forgotten at home.
Paradise Pier Hotel Review: Onsite Dining
The following dining options are available at the Paradise Pier Hotel:
- Disney PCH Grill
- Surfside Lounge
- The Sand Bar
- In-Room Dining
My family and I ate at the Disney PCH Grill and used the In-Room Dining. I highly recommend the PCH Grill for breakfast only because that is the only time they offer character dining. Plus they offer a variety of food to choose from and everything tastes good! We have eaten at the PCH Grill for dinner and were not impressed. We spent a lot of money (as if it were for character dining, however, there were no characters there!). Save your money and enjoy breakfast at the PCH Grill!
In-Room Dining is a great option when you are exhausted and do not want to venture out of the hotel. It is expensive, so prepare to spend some money! Portion sizes are fair. But be aware that all orders are subject to sales tax, a 19% service charge, and $3.00 delivery charge. A minimum order may be required, as well. Gratuity is included, but there will be an option to provide an additional tip on your receipt when your food is delivered.
Final Thoughts on the Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
Pros for staying at the Disney Paradise Pier Hotel:
- Proximity to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure – Getting to and from the Parks is easy. To get to the front entrance of both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park, it is about a 10-15 minute walk.
- Magic Mornings and Extra Magic Hour – Guests staying at the Disneyland Resort have access to early mornings in each Park on designated days! Magic Mornings and Extra Magic Hour are so fun and super convenient.
- Cast Members are super friendly at the Paradise Pier Hotel. The majority of Cast Members are super friendly and are willing to go above and beyond to make your stay magical!
- Check-In/Check-Out is fast, convenient, and easy. No matter what time you arrive, you are able to check-in and store your bags. Of course, you will not get your room until later in the day, but if you are going into the Park or simply walking Downtown Disney, you are able to without worrying about the hassle that comes with checking-in. And Check-out is super easy and convenient!
- Key to the Magic Cards are convenient and allow for easy charging back to your room!
- Clean – Paradise Pier is kept immaculate! Not only are the rooms clean, but the grounds are well-maintained.
- Comfortable beds – The Paradise Pier Hotel’s beds are super comfy and will grant you a restful night sleep!
- Housekeeping is friendly, thorough, and accommodating! Housekeeping does a good job of cleaning your room in a timely manner, which is always a good thing when you leave to go into the Park early and come back by early afternoon to a clean room! Housekeeping is also quick to provide guests with additional necessities when requested.
- Rooftop Pool – The rooftop pool offers great views of the Disneyland fireworks show!
- Parking Structure – The parking structure is conveniently located right in the back of the hotel and offers quick access to your parked vehicle! This may save you a little money by skipping the tip on Bell Hop if you lug your own baggage.
- Safe – Paradise Pier Hotel, for me, feels safe. I always notice security riding around on their bikes.
- Refrigerator in rooms are convenient. My family and I always bring back sweets or left-overs so the refrigerator in the room is a nice perk.
Cons for Staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel:
- High Price to stay at Paradise Pier. The cost to stay at Paradise Pier starts at $269, per night, excluding tax. The cost changes nightly and is dependent on days of the week, special events, and seasons. Paradise Pier pricing is, however, the lesser of the three Resort Hotels. So, if you want to stay at the Disneyland Resort, but do not want to spend a whole lot of money, try the Paradise Pier Hotel!
- Room Service is extremely expensive and the food is just okay. There no convenient, affordable dining (like a McDonald’s) near the hotel, so guests have no other choice but to eat at a restaurant onsite or order room service.
- Onsite restaurants have limited operating hours, so your choices of anything other than room service is limited.
- Rooftop Pool – I really didn’t want to put the rooftop pool on the cons list, but if you hate small, crowded pools, then you may not be happy swimming here.
- Parking Structure – The only downside to this parking structure is that there is no elevator to get from the top floors to the bottom floor. This may be a problem if you are unloading your own luggage.
- Expensive – Simply put – everything cost more while staying at Paradise Pier Hotel!
Weighing the pros and cons of staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel, I have to say that I really do feel that the pros outweigh the cons! The Paradise Pier is worth it!
Ready to Book Your Vacation in Paradise?
Planning your Disney vacation is easy with our information-packed newsletter! Our newsletter is full of exclusive Disney deals and allows you access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere! You can find more information on planning your vacation here:
- Disneyland Hotel Review: Is the High Price Worth the Stay?
- Disneyland Clarion Hotel Review and How to Get Free Parking & Breakfast
- Ultimate Disneyland Packing List and What to Wear to Disneyland
- Disneyland Character Dining: Restaurant Reviews, Tips, and Discounts
- Character Meet and Greets at the Disneyland Resort: Ultimate Guide to Characters
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.