Updated 9/16/18. Meeting your favorite characters is just one perk of visiting Walt Disney World. You can take pictures with them and get an autograph with your favorite princess, mouse, and live action film stars from beloved movies such as Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. Here are some tips on Walt Disney World character meet and greets for each park, including Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, and Epcot.
Save on your stay! Walt Disney World Ticket Discounts! Save big when you book your Walt Disney World tickets and hotel through our recommended travel sponsor! Don’t miss out on the best saving around for your Disney vacation needs. Book now >
Mickey Mouse is a popular character to meet and often makes the top list of Walt Disney World character experiences. You can meet Mickey Mouse at the Town Square Theater on Main Street, U.S.A.
Guests can also meet some of Mickey’s pals as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow. Here guests can hang out with Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Goofy.
Main Street, U.S.A. is wonderful place to meet Mickey’s pals, such as Pluto.
The Magic Kingdom is celebrating Incredible Summer Fun in honor of Incredibles 2. Guests can meet Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Frozone and even Edna Mode at the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo.
The princesses are always a popular meet and greet and another top list favorite for Walt Disney World character experiences. Guests can meet Ariel from The Little Mermaid at her Grotto in Fantasyland as well as Cinderella and Elena. Merida from Brave can also be found at Fantasyland.
Princess Tiana, from Princess and the Frog, and Rapunzel from Tangled will be at Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland.
Fans of the villain, Gaston, can be awed and inspired by him at his Tavern.
You can celebrate your un-birthday with Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter at the Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland.
Winnie the Pooh and friends can be found near the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Here you can meet friends, such as Tigger, in a nice, shady place in the Hundred Acre Wood.
Princess Jasmine and Aladdin are in Adventure Land and share stories of their kingdom, Agrabah. Guests can their favorite Toy Story characters in Tomorrowland, such as Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jessie.
Pirates and fairies are also a popular meet and greet. Guests can meet Disney’s favorite pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, in Adventureland. Junior pirates can also be “recruited” to begin training to sail the seven seas.
Guests can meet Peter Pan and Wendy in Fantasyland, and Tinkerbell at the Town Square Theater. Guests just need faith, trust and pixie dust!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Land just opened and here guests can meet and greet Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jessie and watch the Green Army Patrol. Guests will enjoy this experience to infinity and beyond!
Star Wars fans can meet BB-8, Kylo Ren, and Chewbacca at the Animation Courtyard. You might even spot some Storm Troopers as Captain Phasma and her Storm Troopers demonstrate the First Order’s strength and obedience.
Guest can meet their favorite race cars in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including Lightening McQueen and Cruz Ramirez.
Guests can also meet their favorite snowman, Olaf, in Echo Lake.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Guests can meet Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ’n Dale in their all-new dino-inspired costumes in DinoLand U.S.A.
Russell and his furry sidekick Dug from the movie, Up!, can be found in Asia. Don’t forget to earn your Wilderness Explorer badge!
Discovery Island in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park has the Tree of Life where guests can see beautiful Macaws take flight. Here guests can also meet and greet Mickey and Minnie at their exploration headquarters.
Guests can also meet Pocahontas in Discovery Island as she greets guests with open arms.
The Doc is in! Younger guests will love meeting their favorite toy doctor, Doc McStuffins, in Conservation Station. Doc is hanging out in her stuffed animal clinic and is happy to sign autographs and take pictures.
Rafiki guided Simba in The Lion King, and is now available for meets and greets at Rafiki’s Planet Watch.
Do you want to build a snowman? Epcot’s World Showcase has two of Frozen’s beautiful princesses, Anna and Elsa.
The World Showcase also includes Alice in Wonderland so you can learn about her curious adventures in Wonderland.
Guests can also meet Snow White, the fairest of them all at the Germany Pavilion in the World Showcase.
Belle can be found at the France Pavilion with adventure in the great wide somewhere, and Princess Jasmine is at Morocco.
At the Royal Sommerhus guests can also meet and greet the beloved sisters, Anna and Elsa, from Arendelle.
Guests can watch their favorite Guardians of the Galaxy at the Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live! This show takes place at the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase. Star-Lord and Gamora from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” join forces with a live band in this musical journey.
Walt Disney World Character Dining in Theme Parks
One great way to spend time with characters is to opt for a Walt Disney World character dining experience! These experiences are a favorite of all ages and are definite must for your Walt Disney World vacation! Here are the Walt Disney World character dining experiences available in the theme parks:
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
- Meet Cinderella and other class princesses in Fantasyland.
- Tiana’s Riverboat Party-Ice Cream Social & Viewing Party
- Princess Tiana and Princess Naveen oversee this desert and riverboat cruise. This experience also comes with a special viewing location of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.
- The Crystal Palace
- Visit with your favorite Winnie the Pooh characters in Magic Kingdom.
- The Garden Grill
- Enjoy a family feast with Chip ‘n’ Dale and other favorite Disney characters in Epcot.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
- Enjoy a royal meal inside a castle with your favorite Disney princesses at the World Showcase in Epcot.
- Hollywood & Vine
- Choose from a breakfast or lunch buffet to enjoy a meal with Disney Junior characters or (depending on seasonal offerings) Minnie Mouse and friends in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Tusker House Restaurant
- This wild buffet themed experience features Safari Donald Duck and friends in Animal Kingdom.
Walt Disney World Character Dining at Resort Hotels
There are plenty of Walt Disney World character dining options to take advantage of at the Walt Disney World theme park hotels! You don’t have to be a guest of the hotel to enjoy these character dining experiences.
- 1900 Park Fare
- Meet Disney princesses and other characters at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Perfectly Princess Tea
- If you’re a Princess fan, this is the meal for you! Enjoy music, tea, and dancing with the princesses at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Chef Mickey’s
- Have a blast with an all you can eat buffet with Mickey and friends at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Say aloha to Stitch and friends during a Hawaiian breakfast at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Cape May Cafe
- Enjoy a cruise themed breakfast with Minnie Mouse and friends at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ
- Meet Mickey, Minnie and friends at this open air BBQ spread at Magic Kingdom Resort Area
- Garden Grove
- This New York City themed experience takes you to Central Park as a surprise duo of Disney characters pops in for a visit at Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy and His Pals
- Have a goofy start to your morning as you enjoy breakfast with Goofy and his friends at Ravello
- Trattoria al Forno
- Enjoy an unique assortment of characters such as Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider at Disney’s Boardwalk
Reservations for Character Dining are recommended when planning your Walt Disney World character experience. Book in advance by calling (714) 781-3463.
Things to Bring to a Meet and Greet
- Disney App – This app is an asset because it gives you up-to-minute character locations and times.
- Autograph book
- A great smile!
For more helpful Disneyland planning advice and exclusive discounts on tickets, hotels, and food, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
Check out our other planning tips on the pages below:
- Best Way to Find Disneyland Discount Tickets
- Disneyland Restaurant Reviews: My Favorite Places to Eat
- Hotels Near Disneyland Reviewed
- What to Bring to Disneyland–Disneyland Packing List
- Other Ways to Maximize Your Time at Disneyland