One of the must haves you need for your vacation is something easy and free you can download right onto your phone: the Walt Disney World app! This app is your guide map for your whole vacation at Walt Disney World- it tells you everything you need to know. You can download the app, called My Experience, here– I recommend you do this in advance for your vacation so you can spend time getting used to it.
Save on your stay! Discount Walt Disney World tickets! Start preparing now for your Walt Disney World vacation and book your hotel with the best prices! Make sure you are getting the best deal for your vacation! Book now >
My Experience App Features and Information
The features available on the My Experience app include:
- an interactive, GPS-map of Walt Disney World Resort
- attraction wait times
- showtimes for fireworks, entertainment, and parades
- character greeting locations and times
- view restaurant menus, make dining reservations, and use mobile ordering
- use the ‘get directions' functions to find out how to get to around the parks
All of these features are going to make your trip an easier experience. I can't stress enough how much easier your life will be with this app- just forget to download it!
Hands down, the most important feature is being able to see the ride wait times allowing you to see when rides have low waits and allowing you to boogie your family in that direction quickly.
The app is also great to have for other reasons such as:
- Preview your PhotoPass photos
- Download, edit, and share your PhotoPass photos and videos if you've purchased Memory Maker.
- Shop for Disney Parks merchandise, locate items in the park, and ship it!
Being able to preview your PhotoPass photos or download them to your phone can help you keep track of those vacation photos and determine if you need to do any retakes! (Woops, everyone's eyes were closed in front of the castle? Retake!)
Plan Your Vacation with the My Experience App
You can also use the My Experience app to start planning your vacation. You can prepare for your trip through the app and buy:
- Buy theme park tickets on the go
- Keep reservations and activities organized in the ‘my plan's section of the app
- Select and modify your party’s FastPass+ experiences
- Share your itinerary with others through Family & Friends
- Manage your Disney Resort reservations, tickets, MagicBands and cards
You can start using the app for planning your trip the instant you download it which can be a great way to get yourself excited for your vacation. And when the magical day comes, you will feel even more prepared because you've made yourself familiar with the app prior to your visit! You can also book everyone's FastPass+ selections all from your app as long as you have everyone's tickets loaded into your app. This is a great way to make sure your group is prepared.
How to Use the My Experience App
The app itself is broken down in sections of features so knowing where to find everything is half the battle. I've broken this guide up by those sections so our readers can find our way easier.
Park Info & Entry
This is the first section you will see when you log into the app. In this section you will find:
- Today's Showtimes- find times for that day's fireworks, nighttime spectaculars, parades, and attractions that are closed for refurbishment.
- Park Hours- this will show you the park hours for each theme park for the day.
- My Tickets- you can link your park tickets here and view all your linked tickets. You can link multiple tickets here to make FastPass+ reservations.
- AnnualPass Blockouts- the calendar that will show AnnualPassholder the blockout dates for the year.
This section is right beneath the previous one and is where you will manage all your park reservations.
- Get FastPass+ -book your FastPass+ reservations here and manage existing ones.
- Reserve Dining- make and cancel dining reservations here.
- Order Food- this is where you go to use the Mobile Ordering features for select restaurants.
- Link Dining- if you or someone else has booked a dining reservation and it isn't showing up in the app you can link it here with your confirmation number and name.
- Link Hotel- similar to the dining link feature, you can link hotel reservations here with your confirmation number and name.
- Call to Book Hotel- this button will directly call Disney's hotel reservation center.
This is where Walt Disney World will share things that the parks want to highlight for guests. It could be a new attraction or land or just an overlooked restaurant.
You can manage all of your PhotoPass photos here along with edit and download your photos with Memory Maker:
- See All Photos- this will take you to all your PhotoPass photos
- Link Photos- you can link PhotoPass cards and find your PhotoPass code to show to PhotoPass photographers here.
- Buy Memory Maker- you can purchase Memory Maker directly from the app here.
- Show PhotoPass Code- easy way to access the PhotoPass code to link your photos to your app.
This part of the app will show you Disney Parks merchandise you can buy directly from the app including MagicBands, Minnie Ears, and more.
You can access your account by clicking the bar on the far right of the app at the bottom that looks like three horizontal lines. This is where you can edit your profile information and add debit/credit cards.
The other buttons help direct you around the app, from left to right (picture above)- Home button, map screen, + sign allows you to quickly access most used areas of the app like booking FastPass+ or dining, search button, and account screen on the far right.
Navigating the Map
If you click on the top of the screen, it will bring up a drop down screen allowing you to navigate between attractions, characters, dining, entertainment, restrooms, events/tours, PhotoPass, guest services, shops, resort hotels, and transportation. Once you highlight the option you want, icons on the map will show up allowing you to find what you're looking for.
Let Us Help You Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
For more tips and tricks to make Disney vacations magical, sign up for our current newsletter.
- Walt Disney World Cheap Food Guide
- Guide to Walt Disney World Transportation
- Meeting Characters in Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Hotel Reviews
- Guide to Disney Springs