Families visiting the Orlando area have so many options in addition to Walt Disney World Resort. One of great alternatives to a Disney-theme park is LEGOLAND Florida- a must for any Lego fan in the family. Follow along with our guide to maximize your visit whether for a day or overnight.
Save on your stay! Discount Walt Disney World tickets! Start preparing now for your Walt Disney World vacation and book your hotel with the best prices! Make sure you are getting the best deal for your vacation! Book now >
LEGOLAND Florida has something for everyone of all ages. Even though a majority of the park is geared for school-aged children and younger, there are plenty of activities, attractions, and more for teens and adults.
LEGOLAND Florida Admission and Hotel Basics
Visitors can choose from two different LEGOLAND Florida theme parks or a combination of both.
- LEGOLAND Park -this is the central park which contains all the tradition LEGO attractions, shows, and rides.
- LEGOLAND Waterpark -this aqua-themed destination showcases LEGO water attractions and rides.
Hotels at LEGOLAND Florida
For overnight visitors, there are currently two vacation on-site options:
- LEGOLAND Beach Retreat– Enjoy the relaxation of a family bungalow. Visitors can also partake in the free morning buffet and room amenities. A complimentary shuttle is available to take visitors to the parks.
- LEGOLAND Pirate Island Hotel- Set to open in spring of 2020, this location offers the ultimate pirate experience including pirate-themed rooms and a nightly treasure hunt.
Rides and Attractions at LEGOLAND Florida
With more than 20 rides for kids of all ages, be ready for a full day at LEGOLAND Florida. The rides vary anywhere from those aimed at smaller visitors to some exciting thrill coasters for the older crowd. Below are listed a few of each type of ride:
LEGOLAND Florida Rides for Smaller Visitors
- DUPLO Tractor- The DUPLO tractor ride takes toddlers on an excursion through a farm. But remember, guests must be a minimum of 42″ to ride alone.
- Merlin’s Challenge- Riders climb aboard a magically propelled train ride. The rider must be minimum of 36″ to ride alone.
- Royal Joust- Kids ages 4-12, minimum 36″, can take a fairytale ride through a kingdom complete with jousting knights and enchanted animals.
- LEGO NINJAGO The Ride- Riders aim to defeat the enemy by blasting fireballs and lightning and it’s more fun to compete with friends and family on this adventure.
- Lost Kingdom Adventure- Blast away at mummies and skeletons to find the hidden treasure.
- Kid Power Towers- Tandem pairs work together to raise up seats to the top of the tower then release the rope for a sudden “free fall”.
LEGOLAND Florida Thrill Coasters
- Flying School- Take flight on this suspended coaster where riders hang from the coaster which runs on the bottom of a track.
- The Great Dragon- With plenty of twists and turns, this Dragon themed coaster is fun and fearless!
- The Great LEGO Race- This is the best of two worlds when virtual reality combines with the excitement of a coaster.
LEGOLAND Florida Interactive Activities
LEGOLAND Florida attractions include both interactive activities and exciting LEGO props to explore. Families can explore more than 25 different activities at their own leisure. Listed below are just a sample of some of the great attractions to see.
- Botanical Gardens- This native flora tribute combines local plants- such as azaleas and camellias- with exotic transplants to create a wonderland botanical venue.
- LEGO STAR WARS- Located in Miniland, USA, the Star Wars world features miniature LEGO models of famous scenes from six different live-action Star Wars movies.
- The Forestmen’s Hideout- To burn some extra energy, visitors here can crawl, climb, tunnel, swing and jump on an interactive treehouse.
Dining at LEGOLAND Florida
Dining options at LELOLAND Florida vary. Typical theme park food include burgers, hot dogs, pizza and snacks. There are a few specialty locations from which to choose for something different including some vegan options.
For dietary concerns, email LLF-Food@legoland.com.
For quick snacking and easy meals, check out a few of these eateries:
- Adventure Snacks- Snack away on nachos and hot dogs for a quick bite.
- Burger Kitchen- This fast food haven serves a variety of burgers and fries.
- Firehouse Ice Cream- Enjoy some frosty treats- dipped cones, sundaes and floats, on those hot Florida days.
For more sophisticated taste buds, check out these eateries:
- Dragon’s Den- The menu boasts a feast for a king with hand-crafted beers, barbecue turkey legs, and bratwurst selections.
- Panini Grill- Savor a delectable pressed sandwich or crunchy salad at this location.
- Granny’s Apple Fries- LEGOLAND’s own signature snack is not to be missed. Granny Smith apples are served as fries, topped with cinnamon sugar and whipped cream.
Shows at LEGOLAND Florida
There are a few noteworthy shows to check out at LEGOLAND Florida that your LEGO obsessed kids will enjoy!
Pirate’s Cove Live Water Ski Show
Guests will enjoy this 20 minute live-action show where the Imperial Guards and Miranda Valentina must protect the ship Brickbeard’s Bounty from a pirate invasion. They need your help! Show times vary so check the daily guide for updated times.
Take a break from the walking in the LEGOLAND’S largest indoor theater. Choose from three different shows then meet your favorite characters outside after the movie.
- LEGO City 4D- Officer in Pursuit: Enjoy this interactive adventure to help the LEGO City officers catch a crook who is reeking havoc on the city. Expect water, wind and bubbles.
- The LEGO Movie 4D- A New Adventure: Emmet and friends investigate a new shady character who plans to open a new theme park very similar to LEGOLAND.
- LEGO NINJAGO- Master the Fourth Dimension: Ninja warriors train for a new assignment in this show.
Shopping at LEGOLAND Florida
What would a visit to a theme park be without one, two, or twenty souvenirs? LEGOLAND Florida has you covered whether you’re on the hunt for the newest t-shirt, or LEGO themed playset. Choose from a variety of stores to find exactly what you need.
- Big Shop- This is everything LEGO from apparel to souvenirs to the LEGO exclusives.
- Heartlake Mall- This is the exclusive location for everything LEGO FRIENDS related.
- LEGO Factory Experience- Brick-by-brick, you’ll never run out of LEGO bricks here. You can purchase in bulk, by color, or whatever you may need.
- Minifigure Market- The name says it all. Build your own minifigure at this location. And add to your minifigure collection to trade with the LEGOLAND’S Model Citizens (employees). Most Model Citizens have at least one minifigure on them and are happy to assist.
LEGOLAND Florida Waterpark
LEGOLAND Florida Waterpark Rides
Here are some of the most popular rides:
- Build-a-Raft River- Customize a raft to float down the lazy 1000-foot winding river.
- DUPLO Splash Safari- Perfect for the younger crowds. Toddlers will enjoy water play with slides and DUPLO creatures.
- Joker Soaker- Part obstacle course, part jungle gym- kids of all ages can slide, splash and get drenched from the 300 gallon bucket.
From street tacos to ice cream to burgers, LEGOLAND Waterpark has a variety of eats.
- Beach Street Tacos- Enjoy cantina style tacos with fresh tortilla chips.
- Beach-n-Brick Grill- If you’re craving a burger or hot dog, stop on in to fill up. Chicken strips and salads are also on the menu.
- Ice Cream Hut- For a quick cool-down, stop at the Hut for a Klondike Bar, Good Humor treat or tangy Popsicle!
Start Planning Your Orlando Vacation!
For great discounts and tips for your trip to Florida’s theme parks, sign up for our free newsletter. And, don’t forget to check with our travel partner Get Away Today for discounts on Walt Disney World and other theme parks in the Orlando area.
- Universal Orlando Hotels
- Discount Walt Disney World Tickets
- Using Lyft and Uber in Orlando
- Walt Disney World Characters Guide
- LEGOLAND Carlsbad
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.