There are many things Star Wars related to enjoy at the Disneyland Resort including the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! Between character interactions, shopping, and shows there’s plenty to keep even the most avid Star Wars fan happy.
Save on your stay! Disneyland COMBO Hotel + Ticket Discounts Start preparing now for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and book your hotel for next summer with the best prices! Make sure you are getting the best deal for your summer vacation! Book now >
Celebrate May the Fourth at Disneyland 2020
Disney announced special offerings for the May the Fourth at Disneyland 2019. During the day long celebration you will be able to.
- Enjoy the popular Hyperspace Mountain overlay for Space Mountain (while the ride opens on May the 4th, we expect to see the attraction remain open for awhile longer)
- Catch Captain Phasma and a legion of Stormtroopers in Tomorrowland throughout the day
- Check out special food offerings at the Galactic Grill and Alien Pizza Planet that are themed to Star Wars
- Find some exclusive merchandise or limited edition pins in the stores in the land
We expect similar offerings to return for 2020 so keep checking back for details.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
The new Star Wars themed land has been a huge hit with a new Millenium Falcon attraction, dining, shopping, and unique Star Wars experiences like Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Lightsaber Workshop!
Star Wars must not miss out on this new land by reading our full guide here.
Disneyland Star Wars Rides & Shows
Everything on this list is extremely popular- we recommend an early start to your day so you don’t miss out on everything from a galaxy far, far away!
Star Tours- The Adventures Continue
Since it’s original opening in 1987 and conversion in 2010, Star Tours has been known as a classic Tomorrowland attraction. Star Tours-The Adventures Continue is a 3D simulator attraction that takes you through multiple scenarios and adventures in the Star Wars universe. What’s awesome about this ride is that every time you ride it, there’s a chance for a different experience! Make sure to grab your FastPass early so you don’t miss your chance to see this classic attraction! And be sure to check out our extensive guide on FastPasses if you are new to the parks!
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
If you have kids aged 4-12 then do NOT let them miss out on this awesome experience. At the Jedi Academy, little jedis will be trained, robed, and outfitted with lightersabers as they prepare to duel Darth Vader, the Seventh Sister, or Kylo Ren. This experience is fantastic and kids love it. And the adults are so envious! Even if you don’t have kids participating, it’s a great show to watch.
Here is how this experience pans out:
- Register your kiddo immediately at park opening to make sure they get a spot. If you’re following our early morning strategy, do this first and continue throughout your day. Registration takes place on the side of Star Wars Launch Bay closest to Autotopia. You will see the signs with a choice of times for the day. Times vary between 9AM-5PM. Pick whichever works best with your crew. The sooner you get there- the more likely your kid snags a spot and the better choice of times you get!
- Come back at the time given to you on the piece of paper from the cast member. Don’t lose this paper!
- The cast members will robe your kiddos and get them prepared with their lightsabers. There will be many PhotoPass pictures taken for this experience so make sure to get a PhotoPass card from the photographers.
- Once your kid is situated with the cast members, go grab your seat! The stage is located right next to the Galactic Grill. The kids are separated from the general crowd with the cast members so they are in good hands. Don’t miss out on getting that front row view!
- Once the show starts, cast members/Jedi Masters will bring the kids out and get them organized. They will lead them through some practice lightsaber moves before they are interrupted by a dramatic entrance from some Sith lords.
- This is when your kiddo will get their chance to battle Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, or the Seventh Sister. The cast members do a great job with the kids to make sure they know what to do and are comfortable with the experience. All you have to do is sit back and watch the show!
This experience is fantastic. If you have kids in this age range, don’t miss out! Afterwards they’ll be given a cool button to keep and lots of photos of their epic battle with the Dark Side. This is a definite must if you have Star Wars fans! Check out our most recent experience with this training here.
This show is currently NOT playing and we are unsure if this experience will return. Keep checking back for details!
Star Wars Launch Bay
The Star Wars Launch Bay is the mothership for all things Star Wars at the Disneyland Resort. Located right next to Space Mountain in Tomorrowland this is a great place to take a break from the heat in the afternoon. This attraction is all indoors and air conditioned so this is a great place to go for an afternoon break.
Currently, they are showing a huge exhibition of themed displays that show guests behind-the-scenes of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. There are many galleries to look at that show actual props borrowed from Lucasfilm and replicas created just for the Star Wars Launch Bay. It is every Star Wars fan’s dream come true. Not only are there galleries of themed displays but there are also settings inspired by the films that fans can take photo ops in.
The Launch Bay typically has documentaries on various Star Wars topics. Currently, they are showing a documentary on the Force and the creative time behind the Star Wars movies. There is also a video game area with the latest Star Wars games so fans can test out their skills!
Last but not least, the Star Wars Launch Bay is the number one stop to meet many of your favorite Star Wars characters.
Luckily for Star Wars fans, most of our favorite characters are found in one place. We have tracked down every character and a rough estimation of their appearance locations and times. As always, we recommend you download the Disneyland app to help you track character times and appearances!
You can find Chewbacca meeting guests in the Star Wars Launch Bay: Light Side. Chewy is one of the most reliable character meet and greets as he is typically occupying this space throughout the day and evening.
You can find Darth Vader intimidating guests in the Star Wars Launch Bay: Dark Side. Keep in mind this Darth Vader is VERY in character- he might be a bit scary for little ones. He is also a reliable character experience meeting guests throughout the day and evening.
Rey is a new character experience this summer at the Disneyland Resort and because of that she has been VERY popular. Not to worry, though, so far her character times have been quite consistent throughout the day. You can find her in the Star Wars Launch Bay: Light Side.
Kylo Ren, just like Darth Vader, is a bit intimidating in person. Keep that in mind for the real small kiddos and make sure they can handle his imposing presence. You can meet him at the Star Wars Launch Bay: Dark Side at various times throughout the day. Make sure to keep an eye on the app!
Boba Fett is a bit harder to track down as his character times are random throughout the day. Keep an eye on the app to get a chance to meet him! Often his times do not last long and his lines form quickly. You can typically find him in the Star Wars Launch Bay.
Captain Phasma and Stormtroopers
One of the newest character additions in Tomorrowland is the entrance of Captain Phasma and her crew of Stormtroopers walking along to the Imperial March. Captain Phasma typically won’t stop for photo ops, at least as we’ve seen so far, but the stormtroopers wandering around Tomorrowland usually will.
You can fairly easy track down Star Wars merchandise throughout Tomorrowland but there is one go to spot for all your Star Wars needs.
The Star Trader
You can find this ultimate Star Wars souvenir store in Tomorrowland next to Space Mountain and across from the Star Wars Launch Bay. And when you exit Star Tours, you will land right in this store. This store has everything Star Wars from clothing, collectibles, and a build your own lightsaber station!
Food & Drink
Once the new Star War’s Galaxy Edge opens, we will have so many immersive options for food and drink our minds will be blown. Until then, there are still many Star Wars themed options to be found in Tomorrowland!
The Galactic Grill is your go to stop for all things Star Wars themed when it comes to food and drink. Here you can find a BB-8 Sipper with a choice of beverage for $14 and a Captain Phasma Stein with choice of beverage for $14. Occasionally, they will have Star Wars themed foods so keep an eye on their menu for those! You can also find popcorn containers with Star Wars themed at many of the popcorn stands in Tomorrowland!
Let Us Help You Plan Your Vacation!
There is always a lot of information to consider before planning an Disneyland vacation. Make sure to spend time planning your days in the theme parks and become familiar with everything Disneyland has to offer. Don’t forget to subscribe to our FREE Deals Newsletter to stay on top of the current planning tips, strategies, and deals.
You can discover more about planning your trip to Disneyland from these links:
- Ultimate Guide to Marvel at California Adventure
- How to Plan Your Disneyland Trip
- Disneyland in the Summer
- 40+ Places to Find Cheap Food in Disneyland
- Top 25+ Things in Disneyland for Teens