Knott’s Berry Farm – Everything You Need to Know
A bones throw from Disneyland Resort is another popular theme and amusement park taken over by a cute little pup – Snoopy! Knott’s Berry Farm is a little over 6.5 miles from the Disneyland Resort and is located in Buena Park, California.
Its humble beginning as a quaint berry farm, made locally renowned for boysenberries, fried chicken dinners, and its ghost town, won it the title as California’s first theme park. Knott’s Berry Farm offers guest thrill rides, live entertainment, and special events year-round!
Plan Ahead and Save on Knott’s Berry Farm Admission and Parking Tickets
Never buy your admission tickets at the gate! Always, if possible, buy tickets ahead of time online! With this option, you will save close to $30 for a single entry ticket! Tickets at the front gate can sell for as much as $82.00 each!
Always purchase your Knott’s Berry Farm discount tickets in advance!
And if you plan to drive in, don’t forget to purchase your parking online! Of course, season passes are also available if you plan on visiting more than once a year! Planning ahead has the benefit of saving you lots of money!
Another way to save Big when visiting Knott’s Berry Farm is by purchasing the Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel deal, but more on that later!
Add a Trip to Disneyland to Your Stay in LA! Add to your Knott’s Berry Farm vacation by booking a trip to Disneyland as well! Disneyland COMBO Hotel + Ticket Discounts are available through our recommended travel sponsor (they have worked with Disney for 30+ years!). We negotiated the lowest prices on tickets and hotels so you don’t have to worry. Book now>
All You Need to Know About Knott’s Berry Farm’s Themed Areas
Knott’s Berry Farm consists of five themed areas. Quite different than the Disneyland Resort, Knott’s Berry Farm’s “themed areas” are a bit disjointed and getting around does require a map.
Since there is so much to see and do at Knott’s Berry Farm, I’ve put an asterisk (*) next to the must-experience rides.
By far the most popular area in Knott’s Berry Farm, the Ghost Town has everything you’d expect from an old western ghost town from a real-life blacksmith to woodcarvers and glass blowers. Mosey on over to the jail and you may get an earful from the resident jailbird.
Rides in Ghost Town:
- GhostRider (*)
- The wait for this ride can soar over 120 minutes, so this is one ride you may want to head towards right when the gates open.
- Butterfield’s Stagecoach (*)
- Riders do not get a choice where they sit on the stagecoach and the staff are strict on these rules, so don’t even bother asking!
- Calico Mine Ride (*)
- This legendary ride opened in 1960 and was one of Knott’s first major rides!
- Calico Railroad (*)
- If you love trains than this is the ride for you! Don’t be alarmed if your train gets invaded by robbers!
- Timber Mountain Log Ride (*)
- The Timber Mountain Log Ride is another classic attraction that must be given a try! Caution: you will get wet!
- Pony Express (*)
- If you are a semi-thrill seeker, but not into roller coasters that take you far up into the atmosphere just to drop you straight down, this is so your ride! Riders cradle a horse and race around a track. By far my family’s favorite ride!
- Bigfoot Rapids
- This is your typical white-water raft ride that is very jerky and will leave you soaked!
- Silver Bullet
- High-speed roller coaster with an “aggressive” thrill level!
Must-See Ghost Town Experiences
- Woodcarver – Watch the woodcarver transform blocks of wood into cool 3-D animals – right before your very eyes!
- Ghost Town Cemetery – Step on the beating heart grave or pose in a coffin.
- Pan for Gold – Claim your stake when you pan for gold in Ghost Town! See what life was like back for prospectors in the Gold Rush era. Additional costs apply.
- Mystery Lodge – The Mystery Lodge is worth experiencing. This magical award-winning performance mixes special effects with heartwarming stories of the Native North American West from an ancient Old Storyteller. Check show times on app, website, or park show time schedules.
The Indian Trails center around a stage where Native American legends, music, and dance come alive. There are no rides in this area, just performances.
Must-See Attraction in Indian Trails Area
- Indian Trader Bottle House – This house is made up of 3,000 bottles and houses the Indian Trader gift shop. Reminiscent of The Calico Bottle House, this house is a must-see phenomenon!
Take a stroll through the Boardwalk area in Knott’s Berry Farm and expect to take in the sights (and smells) of a real California Boardwalk. Included in this area are a gaming area with fun arcade games where tickets are given for prizes, food, and, of course, rides!
Rides in the Boardwalk:
- Supreme Scream
- Wheeler Dealer Bumper Cars
- Voyage to the Iron Reef (*)
- This 4-D adventure is a virtual experience and worth the wait time! Riders have a freeze ray where they battle mysterious creatures that invade the Boardwalk!
- VR Showdown in Ghost Town
- Additional cost for this attraction. $6 per person. Purchase an arcade game card to experience this virtual attraction.
- Pacific Scrambler
- Surfside Gliders
- HangTime is a new roller coaster that opened in May, 2018 (*)
- Coast Rider (*)
- Coast Rider is similar to Goofy’s Sky School.
- Xcelerator the Ride (*)
- Go from 0 to 82 mph on this high thrill level ride. Since you are going so fast, you hardly have time to process the 90 degree drop! Yes, I rode it. And yes… it was quite the thrill!
- Sky Cabin (*)
- If you are like me and speed is not your thing, the Sky Cabin is a soothing ride that lets you take in 360-degree panoramic views of Knott’s!
Must-See Shows at the Boardwalk
- The Charles M. Schulz Theater is located on the Boardwalk where seasonal shows are performed. This theater is massive in size and makes for great performances! Check Knott’s Berry Farms’s app, website, or park map for up-to-date shows.
Cross the border into this festive Mexican-style village. Here, you will be engrossed with the sights and sounds of Mexico.
Rides in Fiesta Village:
- Dragon Swing
- Hat Dance
- Dentzel Carousel
- Sol Spin (*)
- Montezooma’s Revenge (*)
- This roller coaster is a classic. A bit jerky, but worth a try!
- Jaguar! (*)
- The line always moves fast for this coaster. It is another favorite of my family’s because it is just the right speed and does not have many steep drops!
- La Revolucion
Must-Experience in Fiesta Village
- During Knott’s Spooky Farm, definitely a must see is the Dia De Los Muertos Celebration!
Camp Snoopy is where you want to be if you have young children since most, if not all, rides are geared toward the very young. This area is a fun place to be since everything is based on Peanuts characters. All rides are worth riding if you have young children!
Rides in Camp Snoopy for Young Kids:
- Balloon Race
- Grand Sierra Railroad
- Woodstock’s Airmail
- Flying Ace
- Linus Launcher
- Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer
- Rocky Mountain Trucking Company
- Rapid River Run
- Camp Bus
- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies
- High Sierra Ferris Wheel
Rides in Camp Snoopy for the Thrill Seeker:
- Sierra Sidewinder
- Timberline Twister
Must-Experience in Camp Snoopy
- If you are a Snoopy-loving kind of person, walk through Camp Snoopy where everything is decorated with that cute pup!
- Barrel Bridge – Take a walk along a floating bridge that leads you through a cave and out the other side!
Knott’s Berry Farm’s Fast Lane Priority Boarding Wristbands
Similar to Disney’s Genie+, Knott’s Berry Farm offers guest the option of purchasing a Fast Lane wristband. Park admission tickets are separate and required when using Fast Lane wristbands. Wristbands are limited to the following rides: Xcelerator, Timber Mountain Log Ride, Voyage to the Iron Reef, Coast Rider, Silver Bullet, Bigfoot Rapids, Sierra Sidewinder, Pony Express, Montezooma’s Revenge, Jaguar!, and Supreme Scream. This option may be perfect for the thrill seekers, but not so much for the guests that like to take things slow.
Entertainment and Live Shows at Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott’s Berry Farm offers guests over 100 plus unique live-action shows including stunt shows, Snoopy ice shows, musicals, and more each year. To see what is offered on your next visit, go online or grab a show list when visiting so that you don’t miss out on all the fun.
Knott’s Berry Farm also offers five Seasons of Fun events throughout the year. Just as Disneyland celebrates Halloween and Christmas, you will want to make an extra trip to Knott’s to celebrate the seasons here as well!
- Knott’s Peanut Celebration – Live shows are just one of the exciting ways Knott’s celebrates the Peanuts characters during the beginning of every new year.
- Knott’s Boysenberry Festival – Every spring, Knott’s Berry Farm celebrates the unique fruit that Walter and Cordelia Knott’s grew famous. Special boysenberry flavored can be found throughout the park.
- Ghost Town Alive! – Become an honorary citizen of Knott’s Ghost Town with interactive entertainment that puts guests right in the middle of all the fun!
- Knott’s Spooky/Scary Farm – During Knott’s Spooky Farm, children 3-11 can enjoy loads of fun Halloween shows and activities throughout the park. Crafts, costume contests, and live entertainment to go with the season. The trick or treating in Ghost Town would be priority on my “bucket” list! On select nights in the fall, when the moon creeps out into the blackened night sky and all Peanuts characters are safely tucked snug in their beds, Knott’s opens Knott’s Scary Farm for the brave. Nighttime frights include sinister shows, haunted mazes and attractions, and more than 1,000 terrifying creatures lurking around the Park, ready to jump scare guests!
- Knott’s Merry Farm – Knott’s Berry Farm transforms into a winter wonderland in the winter with fun entertaining shows, a crafts village, and nightly snowfall in Ghost Town. Read our full guide to the holiday Christmas celebration at Knott’s Berry Farm.
Dining at Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott’s Berry Farm offers many mouth-watering dining options worth familiarizing yourself with before visiting! I had no idea there were so many unique flavors to choose from. I did try the Carne Asada Tacos at Pancho’s Tacos in Fiesta Village and I must say, for being located in an amusement park, the tacos were small and a bit expensive, but very good! But nothing beats Coasters Diner, located at the Boardwalk. Classic 50’s style diner with big tastes!
If you love to indulge in amusement park food, then purchase an all-day dining wristband that allows you to enjoy select meals at participating restaurants as often as every 90 minutes! Drinks are not included in this offer. Go online to find out more about this deal!
Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant is by far the most popular place to eat when visiting Knott’s Berry Farm and for good reason too! Their fried chicken and biscuits with your choice of Knott’s preserves, is some of the best you will ever have. Definitely make reservations if you plan to eat here.
Where to Stay when Visiting Knott’s Berry Farm
There are many great hotels around Knott’s Berry Farm that are within walking distance to the Park. However, staying at the Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel and booking a hotel package deal is, by far, the most convenient way to do it! Of course in the off seasons deals are much more affordable. But during peak season or off season, the perks that come with the package is worth looking into. You also have the option (at an additional cost, of course) to stay in a
Snoopy-decorated room (and he even comes nightly to tuck you and your children in for the night!). My family and I received admission tickets, one Fast Lane ticket each, hotel accommodations, free breakfast every day we stayed (at Amber Waves restaurant in the hotel), and coupons.
I have to note that the hotel is far from the lavish hotels of the Disneyland Resort, but they are clean and worth the overall price.
Knott’s Soak City Water Park
Open seasonally, Knott’s Soak City Water Park is Orange County’s largest water park. With a total of 22 speed, tube and body slides, plus a giant wave pool, lazy river, and interactive kids area, this Park is definitely worth a visit during hot California summers! Additional costs apply. Check Knott’s Berry Farm’s website for more details.
Start Planning Your Trip to Knott’s Berry Farm
Visit Knott’s Berry Farm’s website to start planning your vacation now! If you plan to visit Disneyland at the same time, subscribe to our FREE Deals newsletter. Our newsletter is full of helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere! Check out other exciting and fun things to do in Southern California!
- Southern California Beaches near Disneyland
- Discount Universal Hollywood Tickets
- Discount Disneyland Tickets
- When to Visit Disneyland
- Flying to Disneyland
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.