The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is a collaboration with Disney Theatrical Productions with this year’s festival running from January 14th-Feb. 21st. This fan favorite festival is an exciting showcase of music and art taking place in Epcot will favorite offerings being the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, art galleries including the popular Chalk Art exhibit, festival food booths, performance art and guests workshops.
Free Disney World Vacation Quote!
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Walt Disney World discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your dining reservations, FastPass+ reservations, and more! This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
2022 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot
There is a chance this festival may look a bit different this year, depending on what is currently happening with the COVID-19 pandemic, we do have an idea that this year's festival will include:
- Indulge in over 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase
- Explore and purchase the brilliant and diverse work of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon
- Step into the scene at special photo locations scattered around the park
- Participate in a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all
- Watch as visiting artists create magic right before your eyes
- Catch performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors.
- Join an artful scavenger hunt as you search for Figment around World Showcase
- Shop for festival-exclusive merchandise
Despite the restrictions the pandemic has caused, this festival is returning in it's mostly full form which is great news as we see Disney World continue it's gradual reopening process. The only notable missing experiences are the Disney on Broadway Concert Series and the art focused guests workshops offered in the past.
Performing Arts for the 2022 Festival
We will update with the 2022 performance list once we have it! For now, you can reference last year's entertainment schedule..
The 2021 Performances will include:
- Voices of Liberty – The Disney Songbook: New for 2021, Voices of Liberty will take to the stage at America Gardens Theatre with a brand-new showcase—the Disney Songbook. From “When You Wish Upon a Star” to “Let It Go,” the Voices of Liberty will perform favorite Disney songs and celebrate the artistry of Disney composers and lyricists.
- Art Defying Gravity (7-day offering): Enjoy the spectacle of thrilling strength acts defying gravity and imagination at World Showplace.
- Epcot Pianist (7-day offering): Tap your toes to a variety of show tunes performed by a talented entertainer at World Showplace.
- JAMMitors (7-day offering): Listen to the soothing sounds produced this fun group of musicians at the Mill Stage in the Canada Pavilion.
- Visual Art in Performance (4-day offering, Thursday – Sunday): Behold a high-energy, on-stage performance by a guest visual artist painting favorite Disney characters within World Showplace. In just minutes, colorful Disney images magically appear before your eyes.
- Chalk Art – Future World East: Discover the work of imaginative chalk artists, then help create a chalk art masterpiece!
The performances will take place on various stages around Epcot through varied times during the festival. Check the My Experience App on the day of your visit for the most up to date times.
Food Studios at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will feature 13 Food Studios. Guests can enjoy an expanded selection of creative food and beverages around Epcot.
The Artist's Table (The American Adventure)
- Plates offered such as beef Wellington and pan-seared scallops. You’ll also find the artist palette jumbo chocolate-chip cookie along with assorted beer and wine.
Citrus Blossom (Showcase Plaza)
- Beverages from Florida Orange Groves Winery or an orange cream shake served in a souvenir Orange Bird sipper cup.
Cuisine Classique (Germany)
- Hearty braised bites and traditional Old World delights—like red wine-braised short rib, coq au vin and opera cake. Wine and beer also available.
Decadent Delights (Promenade Refreshments)
- Raspberry or lemon soft-serve ice cream along with a variety of refreshing beers.
The Deconstructed Dish (Showcase Plaza)
- Deconstructed take on favorite foods like the Reuben, BLT and strawberry cheesecake. Sip on chai tea shake that showcases favorite breakfast flavors.
El Artista Hambriento (Mexico)
- Sample Mexican-inspired cuisine like pork belly pastor, chile rellenos and chocolate tacos.
- Popular items like sushi donuts, vegetable gyoza, sake or try the pink snow—a refreshing beverage featuring sake, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and Calpico.
Festival Favorites (World Showplace)
- Guest-favorite dishes, like charcuterie, Remy’s ratatouille, the lemon blood-orange tart and a jumbo chocolate-chip cookie. Plus, sip on a coffee cocktail or tasty microbrew.
Painter's Palate (World Showplace)
- Palatable assortment of delicacies—like prime steak tartare, salt-roasted beet tartare and a tantalizing pistachio cake with cherry mousse and Morello cherries.
L'Art de la Cuisine Francaise (France)
- French treats and baked goods, from savory to sweet—including warm brie in a bread bowl, a black winter truffle croissant and a trio of house-made macarons. Pair your dish with a French wine or frozen martini.
L'Arte di Mangiare (Italy)
- This food studio serves up arancini, lobster ravioli and cream-filled Italian donuts—along with Italian beer, wine and cocktails.
Masterpiece Kitchen (Canada)
- Highlights include wild mushroom risotto, the salmon and cream gâteau and a luscious panna cotta. Plus, discover wines to complement each culinary creation.
Mosaic Canteen (Morocco)
- Savor the bold flavors of Morocco in delectable dishes like harissa-roasted rack of lamb and a Mediterranean flatbread with Za’atar pesto.
The Painted Panda (China)
- Treat your senses to Chinese dishes, like pork and water chestnut meatballs or the Sichuan red hot mala shrimp. Plus, enjoy bubble tea, draft beer and a variety of Chinese-inspired cocktails.
Pop Eats (Showcase Plaza)
- Highlights include the colorful almond frangipane cake and the ever-popular Pop’t Art—a modern-designed sugar cookie with strawberry filling. Plus, choose from savory dishes, like shrimp ceviche or tomato soup with grilled cheese.
Vibrante & Vívido – NEW! (Between Morocco & France)
- Enjoy bright, fresh flavors in dishes both savory and sweet—like a passion fruit mousse or a chilled seafood cocktail. Pair your food with an island-inspired smoothie, piña colada or daiquiri.
Additional Locations to Enjoy
- Refreshment Port: Serving lobster poutine, traditional poutine, chicken breast nuggets, refreshing beverages and more
- Refreshment Outpost: Serving plant-based bratwurst, warm brown-sugar-stuffed pretzels, frozen slushies, beers and more
- Funnel Cake: Serving a red velvet funnel cake topped with cream cheese icing and pixie dust
- Joffrey's Coffee & Tea Company (all in-park locations): Serving a unique, art-inspired latte paired with a doughnut at each location
Art in Performance at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Art in Performance allows guests to see the Disney artists as they create the masterpieces around the International Festival of the Arts. You can find art on sidewalks, common spaces, and in surprise corners of Epcot.
Here are some of the art performances you will be able to find in Epcot for this year's festival.
Art Defying Gravity
A spectacle of thrilling acts of strength with defying gravity and imagination.
- Days: Sunday through Saturday
- Location: World Showplace
Visual Art in Performance
A guest visual artist paints favorite Disney characters with images appearing in minutes in this fun show.
- Days: Thursday through Sunday
- Location: World Showplace
Visual Arts at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Guests can also view (and purchase!) beautiful Disney art at various galleries during the festival along with art photo ops, festival markets and merchandise, scavenger hunt, interactive experiences, Animation Academy, and hands-on wall mural.
Art Exhibits from Disney Artists
Special Offerings for Walt Disney World Passholders
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will receive special offerings during the festival. These are the fun extras passholders can find:
- On the first visit you will receive a complimentary Passholder magnet. Just stop into Mouse Gear or Port of Entry and show your valid annual pass card and photo ID.
- Passholders also receive a 20% Passholder discount on select festival merchandise.
- There will also be Passholder-exclusive festival merchandise for annual passholders to purchase.
- Passholders also receive a 10% discount for dining packages for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series and other special discounts on select dining options.
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation Now!
Be sure to subscribe to our Disneyland deals newsletter for all the latest information on deals and saving tips to help you save money and experience more! Sign up here.
You can discover more about planning your trip to Disney World from these links:
- Dining Guide to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: All You Need to Know
- Dining Guide: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Attraction Guide to Walt Disney World’s: Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World’s Epcot Dining Guide: All the Dining Information You Need
- Dining Guide: Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios Attractions Guide
- Walt Disney World Restaurant and Dining Guide + Tips and Tricks
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.