The Epcot International Festival of the Arts debuted in 2017 and is a collaboration with Disney Theatrical Productions. This year’s festival runs from January 8th-Feb. 22nd and brings an exciting showcase of music and Broadway talent to the America Gardens Theatre stage. The festival includes a Disney on Broadway Concert Series, live performance art which includes international musical and variety acts, acrobatics, amazing living statues, marching bands and more. The festival also features workshops, seminars, food studios, and art galleries. New art is revealed throughout the Festival so guests can look forward to a new experience every time they visit.
The festival takes place at various locations and stages across Epcot and runs from January to February. Epcot admission is required for the festival.
Free Disney World Vacation Quote!
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Walt Disney World discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your dining reservations, FastPass+ reservations, and more! This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
2020 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot
There is a chance this festival may look a bit different this year, depending on what is currently happening with the COVID-19 pandemic, we do have an idea that this year's festival will include:
- Indulge in over 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase
- Explore and purchase the brilliant and diverse work of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon
- Step into the scene at special photo locations scattered around the park
- Participate in a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all
- Watch as visiting artists create magic right before your eyes
- Catch performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors.
- Join an artful scavenger hunt as you search for Figment around World Showcase
- Shop for festival-exclusive merchandise
Stay tuned for more information as we wait to find out more about the popular entertainment options.
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
Guests can enjoy Broadway-inspired performances of popular Disney classics seven days a week at the America Gardens Theatre. Every two weeks a new pair of Disney on Broadway stars will perform beloved songs.
Past performers have included Arielle Jacobs who performed as Princess Jasmine in Disney’s Aladdin on Broadway, Kerry Butler who starred as Belle in Beauty & the Beast on Broadway, Kevin Massey who starred in the title role of Disney’s Tarzan on Broadway, Ashley Brown who originated the title role in Disney’s Mary Poppins on Broadway, and others. The shows start at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM at the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot World Showcase.
Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package
Disney World offers dining packages to select Epcot restaurants that guarantee seating at the Disney on Broadway Concert Series. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner options before attending a showcase of Disney on Broadway songs later that evening. Participating restaurants include Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway Pavilion, Biergarten Restaurant in Germany Pavilion, Coral Reef Restaurant in the Living Seas Pavilion, the Garden Grill Restaurant in the Land Pavilion, and the Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in the United Kingdom Pavilion.
Prices range from $49 to $73 for adults, and $21 to $44 for kids. The dining package includes a 3-course meal experience that includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage or one full buffet, where applicable as well as guaranteed seating at one of 3 concerts held the same day. Guaranteed concert seating badges for the America Gardens Theatre will be provided at the restaurant.
Guests can reserve their spot online here. They can also call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-7463. Advanced reservations are highly recommended as this event fills up quickly.
Art in Performance at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
The festival features a variety of live performance art, including living statues inspired by Epcot that whimsically come to life. Guests can discover art on sidewalks, common spaces and even places they wouldn’t expect!
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts welcomes the return of Bodh’aktan to the Canada stage and is excited to introduce Delta Q on the Germany stage. Be sure to check out the acrobatics and gravity-defying feats of strength!
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts hosts top high school marching bands that will perform jazz and pop music.
Workshops and Seminars at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Festival guests can also attend professional workshops and seminars to enhance their creative and culinary skills. There is a week-by-week calendar of events listing the various workshops. Complimentary seminars will be held daily from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) and are included with park admission. Guests can make reservations the day-of at the Odyssey Festival Showplace.
Past workshops and seminars have included “One Little Spark: Finding the Figment Inside of YOU!”, “Practically Poppins in Every Way”, “The Art of Disney Fonts, Lettering & Signage”, “Photography 101 – Shooting Spectacular Fireworks”, “3D Storytelling at Walt Disney World” and many others.
Guests can also participate in Animation Academy, which is a drawing class taught by actual Disney artists. Kids of all ages will enjoy Figment's Brush with the Master’s Scavenger Hunt where they search for clues that lead to the elusive little dragon.
Food Studios at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will feature 13 Food Studios. Guests can enjoy an expanded selection of creative food and beverages around Epcot. Some wonderful places to check out include The Artist’s Table, The Painter’s Palate, Pop Eats!, and Cuisine Classique. Be sure to visit The Deconstructed Food Studio in Showcase Plaza where guests can try deconstructed versions of a BLT, Rueben, and strawberry cheesecake.
Art Galleries at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Guests can also view beautiful Disney art at various galleries during the festival. Some notable galleries to visit include American Heritage Gallery – American Adventure, Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Japan, House of the Whispering Willows – China, Stave Church Gallery – Norway, and Future World West.
Special Offerings for Walt Disney World Passholders
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will receive special offerings during the festival. These are the fun extras passholders can find:
- On the first visit you will receive a complimentary Passholder magnet that will feature Figment. Just stop into Mouse Gear or Port of Entry and show your valid annual pass card and photo ID.
- Passholders also receive a 20% Passholder discount on a Festival of the Arts MagicBand, which will feature the playful, purple dragon, plus a Figment spirit jersey, T-shirt, ornament and more.
- There will also be Passholder-exclusive festival merchandise that will include a t-shirt and coaster set featuring Mickey Mouse, a pin featuring Pluto – and an exclusive Figment cookie available for purchase at Taste Track from Jan. 18 through Jan. 26.
- Passholders also receive a 10% discount for dining packages for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series and a special 20% discount on dining packages at Biergarten Restaurant and Coral Reef Restaurant for lunch and dinner through Jan. 31.
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation Now!
Be sure to subscribe to our Disneyland deals newsletter for all the latest information on deals and saving tips to help you save money and experience more! Sign up here.
You can discover more about planning your trip to Disney World from these links:
- Dining Guide to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: All You Need to Know
- Dining Guide: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Attraction Guide to Walt Disney World’s: Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World’s Epcot Dining Guide: All the Dining Information You Need
- Dining Guide: Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios Attractions Guide
- Walt Disney World Restaurant and Dining Guide + Tips and Tricks 2018