The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is a collaboration with Disney Theatrical Productions with this year’s festival running from January 13th – Feb. 20th 2023.
The Epcot Arts Festival is a showcase of music and art taking place in Epcot will favorite offerings being the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, art galleries including the popular Chalk Art exhibit, festival food booths, performance art and guest workshops. The Festival of the Arts started at Epcot in 2017 and is both the newest and least popular Epcot festival.
While the festival isn’t the most popular festival, it may be our favorite. The personal experiences you get with the artists that are omnipresent throughout Epcot during the five weeks of the festival make this one of the best seasonal events at Epcot.
In 2023, the festival is adding in even more imagination as fan-favorite character Figment will play an even bigger role with a reverential space featuring food, merchandise, and original props from the 1980s Epcot attraction. For anyone new to Walt Disney World, you can translate that into there was once a very popular attraction that Disney has now changed that still spurred a love for the pink/purple dragon you can see all over Epcot. More details below.
Epcot Festival of the Arts Within the Epcot Festivals Calendar
The Epcot Festival of the Arts is just one of the festivals that takes place at Epcot throughout the year. It is almost always festival season at Epcot with gaps ranging between ten weeks to just over two weeks between festivals throughout the year.
- Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Guide
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival Guide
- Epcot Festival of Holidays Guide
You can read more info on the Epcot festivals throughout the year in our calendar of Epcot Festivals guide.
Free Disney World Vacation Quote!
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Walt Disney World discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today’s Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your dining reservations, FastPass+ reservations, and more! This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
2023 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot Highlights
- Indulge in over 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase
- Explore and purchase the brilliant and diverse work of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon
- Step into the scene at special photo locations scattered around the park
- Participate in a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all
- Watch as visiting artists create magic right before your eyes – there are 115 artists represented and 105 signings will be conducted during the 2023 festival
- Catch performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors.
- Join an artful scavenger hunt as you search for Figment around World Showcase
- Shop for festival-exclusive merchandise
This year’s EPCOT’s International Festival of the Arts takes place January 13th – Feb. 20th 2023.
Art in Performance at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Art in Performance allows guests to see Disney artists as they create masterpieces around the International Festival of the Arts. You can find art on sidewalks, common spaces, and in surprise corners of Epcot.
The performances are largely put on by outside talent that Disney brings in for the festival which causes the entertainment to happen on a more scheduled basis than other regular Disney entertainment. It is more important than usual for you to pick out which shows throughout the day you are most interested in and add those plans to your schedule.
Here are some of the art performances you will be able to find in Epcot for this year’s festival.
Visual Art in Performance
Watch these talented artists paint a Disney character in mere minutes.
Featured artists this year include:
- January 14 to January 17
- February 3 to February 6
- February 10 to February 13
- February 17 to February 21
- January 27 to January 30
Trevor Carlton & Stephen Fishwick in a Dueling Artist Format
- January 20 to January 23
This experience takes place in World Showcase Plaza, Thursday through Sunday and on select Mondays during the Festival.
Art Defying Gravity
Witness displays of strength, grace, acrobatics, and agility.
- Days: Sunday through Saturday
- Location: World Showplace
Hear harmonious musical performances daily in World Showcase Plaza.
Featured musicians include:
- Nicholas Marks, playing guitar Thursday through Saturday
- Victor Espinola, playing harp Monday through Friday
Check the My Disney Experience app for daily showtimes.
Art Exhibits from Disney Artists
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
Guests can enjoy Broadway-inspired performances of popular Disney classics seven days a week at the America Gardens Theatre and around other stages across Epcot. Every two weeks a new pair of Disney on Broadway stars will perform beloved songs.
The stars perform a medley of favorites from Disney on Broadway shows. Many of the actors performing are active members of productions for Disney on Broadway and get to take the time off from their shows to come down to Orlando to perform. Knowing some of the backstory makes the performance even more fun to watch.
This was a similar situation to when we saw Disney on Broadway stars perform on the Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise.
- Dates – January 13 through February 20, 2023
- Times – Starting at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM
- Location – America Gardens Theatre at EPCOT
Kara Lindsay (Newsies) and Kevin Massey (Tarzan)
- January 13
- January 15 through 16
- January 19 through 20
Arielle Jacobs (Aladdin) and Adam Jacobs (Aladdin)
- January 14
- January 17 through 18
- January 21 through 22
Patti Murin (Frozen) and Robert Creighton (Frozen)
- January 23
- January 25 through 26
- January 29 through 30
- February 2 through 3
Mandy Gonzalez (Aida) and L. Steven Taylor (The Lion King)
- January 24
- January 27 through 28
- January 31 through February 1
- February 4 through 5
Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins) and Michael James Scott (Aladdin)
- February 6
- February 8 through 9
- February 12 through 13
- February 16 through 17
Kissy Simmons (The Lion King) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- February 7
- February 10 through 11
- February 14 through 15
- February 18 through 19
Plus, on February 20, 2023, give a standing ovation for an extended finale featuring Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Kissy Simmons, and Michael James Scott! I wish I was here for this show. I have seen all four of these stars perform previously and know the caliber of talent that they have ready to perform.
Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package
Disney World offers dining packages to select Epcot restaurants that guarantee seating at the Disney on Broadway Concert Series. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner options before attending a showcase of Disney on Broadway songs later that evening. The dining package includes a 3-course meal experience that includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage or one full buffet, where applicable as well as guaranteed seating.
Choose from 8 unique eateries at EPCOT offering DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series Dining Packages at lunch and dinner. Each package includes:
- An appetizer, entrée and dessert or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a nonalcoholic beverage
- One (1) guaranteed seat per person to a DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert held on the same day
Explore participating restaurants and dining package prices, which exclude tax and gratuity:
(ages 10 and up)
(ages 3 to 9)
|Akershus Royal Banquet |
|Biergarten Restaurant |
|Coral Reef Restaurant |
The Living Seas
|Garden Grill Restaurant |
The Land Pavilion
|Le Cellier Steakhouse |
|Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue |
American Adventure Pavilion
|Rose and Crown Dining Room |
United Kingdom Pavilion
|Spice Road Table |
Guests can reserve their spot online here. They can also call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-7463. Advanced reservations are highly recommended as this event fills up quickly.
Special Offerings for Walt Disney World Passholders
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will receive special offerings during the festival. These are the fun extras passholders can find:
- On the first visit you will receive a complimentary Passholder magnet. Just stop into Mouse Gear or Port of Entry and show your valid annual pass card and photo ID.
- Passholders also receive a 20% Passholder discount on select festival merchandise.
- There will also be Passholder-exclusive festival merchandise for annual passholders to purchase.
- Passholders also receive a 10% discount for dining packages for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series and other special discounts on select dining options.
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation Now!
Be sure to subscribe to our Disneyland deals newsletter for all the latest information on deals and saving tips to help you save money and experience more! Sign up here.
You can discover more about planning your trip to Disney World from these links:
- Dining Guide to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: All You Need to Know
- Dining Guide: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Attraction Guide to Walt Disney World’s: Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World’s Epcot Dining Guide: All the Dining Information You Need
- Dining Guide: Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios Attractions Guide
- Walt Disney World Restaurant and Dining Guide + Tips and Tricks
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.