The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort is a favorite spring time activity for many guests! Our full guide of events includes everything you need to know about the gorgeous gardens, entertainment, and food commemorating the arrival of the new Spring season.
This year's Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World takes place between March 4th and June 1st.
Discount Walt Disney World Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Walt Disney World discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your dining reservations, FastPass+ reservations, and more! This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Blooming Fun at Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
Epcot theme park hosts the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival annually. You'll need valid Epcot admission to enter the event; annual pass holders can use their passes on valid non-blackout dates. There is no additional charge to attend the festival, however bring extra money for the spring-themed foods, merchandise, and tours.
Whether you have a green thumb or aspire to green thumb status, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is a definite must when visiting during the spring. Glorious gardens dazzle with bright colors and the famous Disney topiaries are plentiful. Just to give you an idea of how big of a display the festival is, it takes more than a year, and hundreds of Disney team members – including horticulturists – to plan and plant for the 90-day festival. The end result includes more than 30 million blooms and 700 gardens for everyone to explore.
Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
After a visit to England, Walt Disney debuted then-Disneyland Park with topiaries and thus bringing an interest to the cultivation process to the United States. The topiaries are always a curiosity with guests and have become a must-see when visiting any Disney theme park.
At the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival expect to recognize at least 75 Disney-inspired plants. Look for characters from Toy Story, Winnie-the-Pooh, Mickey and Minnie, and Princesses in their native lands in World Showcase such as Elsa and Anna in Norway, and Belle in France. Here is this year's list of topiaries to find in Epcot:
- Anna and Elsa from Frozen
Located at the Norway Pavilion
- Bambi & Friends (Future World East)
- Beauty and the Beast
Located at the France Pavilion
- Bo Peep and Her Sheep with Woody
Located at Future World East
- Topiary Dragon
Located at the Japan Pavilion
- Buzz Lightyear
Located near Mission: SPACE at Future World East
- Captain Hook and Peter Pan
Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Construction Mickey and Minnie with Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale
Located between Future World and World Showcase
- Donald and Daisy with Huey, Dewey and Louie
Located near Showcase Plaza
- Fantasia – Sorcerer Mickey, Brooms, Ostriches and Hippo
Located near Imagination at Future World West
- Figment (near Imagination at Future World West)
- Lady and the Tramp
Located at the Italy Pavilion
- Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog
Located between the United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions at the France Pavilions
Located at the China Pavilion
- Remy (NEW!)
Located at the France Pavilion
- Simba and Friends
Featuring Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi
Located at The Outpost Shop
- Snow White and Dopey
Located at the Germany Pavilion
- Tinker Bell and Fairy Houses
Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion
- The Three Caballeros
Featuring Jose, Donald and Panchito
Located at the Mexico Pavilion
- Topiary Butterflies
Located at Future World West
- Topiary Flowers
Located near the Main Entrance
- Troll presented by Adventures by Disney (Norway Pavilion)
- Winnie-the-Pooh & Friends
Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion
Gardens and Exhibits at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
You can find plenty of garden areas for young children to enjoy such as the “Harmony Gardens” interactive, musical playground. If you have smaller guests in your party, they'll enjoy channeling their inner musician on xylophones, drums, and chimes or expend some pent-up energy on the nearby playground. Make sure to stay to take photos of the “Fab Five” topiaries as conductor Mickey oversees the area with Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy accompanying him.
Tinkerbell's Butterfly House is another must-stop for kids. Enjoy an ethereal setting where fairy gardens and butterfly worlds unite. This is a low-key activity where you can expect to spend about 20 minutes to enjoy the full experience.
Here is the full list of all the gardens and exhibits to enjoy:
- Bamboo Garden – As a member of the grass family, bamboo can be found at the China Pavilion in many colors, patterns and sizes.
- Bo Peep’s Playtime Training Ground – Gather adults and kids at the Test Track walkway for Toy Story 4– themed engaging and interactive fun.
- Bold Bromeliads (Land Pavilion)
- Bonsai Collection – Take a trip to the Japan Pavilion and discover the ancient art of bonsai with some of the finest living sculptures created by bonsai masters, who carefully shape and tend these miniature works of art—creating peace and balance with the earth.
- Chinese Zodiac Natural Sculptures
Located at the China Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London® – Discover the history and art of tea blending at this elegant English Tea Garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion, featuring plants important to some of Twinings finest tea blends.
- Festival Blooms – Located at Future World, this display boasts thousands of flowers form colorful, living panoramas overlooking Future World’s East and West lakes.
- Floating Gardens – Peer upon more than 100 petite plots drifting on the ponds that border the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Florida Fresh (between France and Morocco Pavilions)
- Garden Italiano – From fresh spaghetti sauce to your favorite pizza topping, this Tuscan kitchen garden at the Italy Pavilion features all the produce and herbs needed to create a classic Italian feast.
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth – Delight in a whimsical area along Imagination Walkway for kids, made to inspire youthful energy and creativity. Your whole family can learn fun and interactive ways to stay healthy at a brand-new playground and outdoor kitchen.
- The Honey Bee-Stro – Learn about the importance of honeybees in this immersive garden. You can also enjoy some food options, made possible by their hard work, from the adjoining outdoor kitchen. Find it near Imagination! Pavilion.
- Kokedama Garden – Admire fresh expressions of an ancient Japanese art. The Kokedama Garden features skilled bonsai creations.
- Miniature Gardens (Germany Pavilion)
- Outdoor Escapes presented by OFF! (Future World East)
- Growing the Future Presented by Murata – Explore how cutting-edge technology paired with agricultural science can transform the way we feed the world. Discover the possibilities with our friends at Science from Scientists and engage in fun, fascinating, hands-on experiments—opening April 7, 2020.
- Shakespeare Garden – Thou shalt adore matching up famous quotes to flowers found within this vibrant garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion. William Shakespeare often used flowers and exotic gardens to help set the scenes for his plays and employed them as symbols and metaphors.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ – Visit this foliage-filled exhibit at Future World West to view a kaleidoscope of butterflies and observe several species up close, learning about their life cycles and maybe even witnessing them emerging from chrysalises.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – Visit the Mexico Pavilion and learn how Mexico rainforests are rich with plants and animals that have adapted to a wide variety of light levels and water conditions.
- Urban Spice – At the Morocco Pavilion, learn how in many eastern cultures, ancient spices were considered more valuable than gold. Even today, many cultures are defined by their signature spices and herb blends, created from plant leaves, stems, roots, seeds and flowers.
Besides photographing the gorgeous blooms, keep your camera handy for any celebrity sightings. Expect to see HGTV and DIY experts on-hand for not only gardening advice but also home improvement ideas and projects. The instructional seminars are held on weekends and can be informative for garden enthusiasts at all levels.
If you'd like behind-the-scenes knowledge at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, there are a few tours available. Choose from Gardens of the World, English Tea Gardens, or Behind the Seeds.
- Gardens of the World– In this three-hour tour, you'll join a Disney Horticulturist for a backstage peek through the World Showcase Pavilion.
- English Tea Gardens– Visit the beautiful grounds of the United Kingdom Pavilion in World Showcase. This tour last 20 minutes and same-day guests registration is available in the Tea Caddy gift shop.
- Behind The Seeds– Guests of all ages will visit the fish farm and four greenhouses in the fun-filled tour.
- Royal Tea Garden Tour– Embark on a guided tour of an English tea garden, where you’ll enjoy a sampling of tea and scones
For reservations and more information regarding the tours, contact 407-WDW-TOUR.
Garden Rocks Concert Series
One of the highlights of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is the always popular Garden Rocks Concert Series. The musical presentations are usually performed three times nightly, seven days a week. You'll be able to enjoy music from the 1960s-1970s for a FULL 90 days, a total of 270 concerts. Expect several top-name acts from those decades.
Here is the 2020 schedule for the Garden Rocks Series:
- Peabo Bryson – NEW!
March 4 and 5
- The Orchestra starring former members of ELO
March 6 through 9
- The Guess Who
March 10 through 12
- Simple Plan
March 13 through 16
- STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
March 17 through 19
- Mark Wills – NEW!
March 20 through 23
- The Spinners
March 24 through 26
- Sister Hazel
March 27 and 28
- The Pointer Sisters
March 29 and 30
- Steve Augeri – Former Lead Vocalist of Journey
March 31 through April 2
- Blood, Sweat & Tears
April 3 and 4
April 5 and 6
April 7 through 9
- A Flock of Seagulls
April 10 and 11
- Atlantic Starr – NEW!
April 12 and 13
- Tony Orlando
April 14 through 16
- High Valley – NEW!
April 17 and 18
- Rick Springfield
April 19 and 20
- Christopher Cross
April 21 through 23
- Plain White T’s
April 24 through 27
- Don Felder – Formerly of The Eagles
April 28 through 30
- Don McLean – NEW!
May 1 and 2
- Casting Crowns – NEW!
May 3 and 4
- Ambrosia with Peter Beckett
May 5 through 7
- Thelma Houston – NEW!
May 8 and 9
- The Allman Betts Band – NEW!
May 10 and 11
- Air Supply
May 12 through 14
- Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
May 15 through 18
- Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot – NEW!
May 19 through 21
- Claudia Leitte – NEW!
May 22 and 23
- Daughtry – NEW!
May 24 and 25
- Marshall Tucker Band
May 26 through 28
- Crowder – NEW!
May 29 and 30
May 31 and June 1
Garden Rocks concert performances take place at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. each night of the festival and are included in regular park admission.
Guests can enjoy guaranteed concert seating by reserving a Garden Rocks Dining Package and enjoying breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants. Reservations for concert dining packages open Dec. 13. For more info or to make a reservation, call 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463) or visit FreshEpcot.com.
Culinary Cultivation at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
Similar to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival and Disney California Adventure Park's Food and Wine Festival, the outdoor kitchens set up during the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival showcase a myriad of seasonal tastes. Spring flavors including fresh berries, sweet honey, and even rich maple may find their way into the outdoor kitchens. You'll definitely satisfy your taste buds with so many delicious foods available. The participating kiosks can be a bit pricey but if you like a variety of tastes, it can be worth the cost. If you're currently on the Walt Disney World Dining Plan, you can accumulate your snack points to redeem for these offerings during the festival. This will save on your wallet.
Make a full-day of the festival and purchase one of the Garden Rocks Concert Series dining packages. These selections are priced by the locations and the meal of choice. Select from breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot locations. You'll receive a guaranteed seating at one of the three concert performances scheduled that evening. Annual passport discounts apply. Call 407-WDW-DINE to secure a spot.
Epcot International Flower & Garden Activities for Kids
There are plenty of things to do for kids at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival aside from garden exhibits from scavenger hunts to kid friendly food.
Just look for the strawberry icon throughout your Festival Passport for food and beverage items little ones will love.
Spike's Pollen Nation Exploration
And the buzz this year is the return of Spike the Bee's Pollen Nation Exploration Hunt. Similar to the Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunts at other Disney parks, you purchase a map and corresponding stickers then enjoy the fun. Travel through 12 of the spectacular gardens to find Spike then match the sticker to the corresponding location on the map. Once finished, redeem the map for one of four festival patch sets.
- March 4 through June 1, 2020
- Maps available for $6.99 plus tax
- Annual Passholder discounts apply
- Valid theme park admission required
- While supplies last
Fun Family Films
Gather the gang for exciting family films that send you all around the globe! Sneak a peek into various world cultures when experiencing stories that include:
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along – New!
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360 – New!
- Awesome Planet – New!
The Goodness Garden Butterfly House – Presented by GoGo squeeZ
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Merchandise
Look for special merchandise available for the festival. Retail shops in Epcot and also online at Shop Disney Parks, guests can purchase special bags, carps, shirts and even magic bands highlighting the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. And yes, there are several gardening items such as watering cans and apparel.
Let Us Help You Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
For more smart tips for the ultimate Disney vacation including more special events like the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, just subscribe to our free newsletter.
- Walt Disney World Hotels
- Walt Disney World Dining Packages
- Planning A Visit to Walt Disney World
- The Best Time to Visit Walt Disney World
- Guide to Epcot Food and Wine Festival