Visiting Walt Disney World in the Spring has a few pros/cons along with yearly festivals that are fun to partake in for families and groups. When making your decision to visit Walt Disney World, the biggest question most folks have are ‘when should I visit?' and this guide will help you decide if a Spring travel date is the best choice for your family! We'll start off with looking at the 2022 Spring events before discussing the pros/cons of a Spring visit to Walt Disney World.
Free Disney World Vacation Quote
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, can get you a no obligation Disney World vacation quote for free! In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your reservations and price monitoring for your trip. This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Epcot Festival of Arts
The Epcot Festival of Arts runs at the beginning of the year from January to February featuring chalk art demonstrations, paint by numbers for guests, and plenty of Disney merchandise! This festival keeps growing in its offerings each year with popular food marketplace booths, plenty of artwork for purchase, and entertainment.
Easter at Walt Disney World at Epcot and Magic Kingdom
Easter at Walt Disney World can be a great way to celebrate the holiday. There is so much to do from the Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt, Easter Procession, dining options, meeting the Easter bunny, and viewing the Easter egg creations. This year Easter falls on Sunday, April 17th. Easter can be crowded at Walt Disney World so we highly recommend getting advance dining reservations and allowing enough time to arrive at the parks early.
International Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot
Spring begins to bloom as the Walt Disney World the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival begins! This annual event brings beautiful gardens, playgrounds, and great entertainment. Even if you aren’t into gardening, be sure to get a picture by the freshly trimmed hedges near the Imagination pavilion.
Highlights of the festival include outdoor kitchens, Disney-themed topiaries, breathtaking garden spaces, wildlife habitats, exhibits, a “How-To” Garden, tours, and an outdoor concert series.
The International Flower and Garden Festival runs from about early March to the beginning of June. This year's event is an extended run which began in early March and runs until July 5th.
Pros of Visiting Walt Disney World in the Spring
Walt Disney World in the Spring can be a great time of year to visit from the festivals and warmer weather. Here are all the best pros for visiting Walt Disney World in the Spring:
- More discounts- it's common for Walt Disney World to release spring discounts to entice guests to visit especially in early spring after the popular holiday season dies down.
- The 2022 Walt Disney World discount allows you to save up to $100 at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights March 6, 2022 through July 7, 2022.
- Chances for lower crowds- if you avoid the ever popular Spring Break weeks in March and April, you can visit Walt Disney World with extremely manageable crowd levels in January and February. You should also take care to avoid holidays like Presidents Day which will always draw large weekend crowds even in slower times of the year like January and February.
- Mild temperatures- spring weather in Walt Disney World is much more mild than the upcoming summer months which typically bring hot, humid, and rainy weather. You can still experience heat and humidity but it won't be nearly as intense as it gets during the summer.
- Spring exclusive events- some events, like the Festival of the Arts and the International Flower & Garden Festival, only take place in the spring. So if seeing some of these festivals at Epcot are top of your priority list then visiting this time of the year will give you the chance to enjoy them.
Check our Walt Disney World calendar for new happenings at the parks to make sure you see everything you want for your trip.
Cons of Visiting Walt Disney World in the Spring
Personally, what cons could be possible when it comes to Walt Disney World?! But in all serious, there are pros/cons to every time of year and it's good be prepared for what the cons are of visiting Walt Disney World during Spring:
- Spring Break crowds- Spring Breaks during middle March-early April can bring significant crowds not just to the Walt Disney World area but to Florida in general which you may see higher airplane fares, packed beaches, and long wait times inside the theme parks. If you arrive at the theme parks early each day with a good ride strategy and book your dining reservations in advance you can effectively navigate these crowds but it's best to be prepared for them.
- Refurbishments- spring is a common time, especially early spring in January and February, is a common time for Walt Disney World to take care of scheduled refurbishments. Disney is good about trying to stagger these refurbishments the best they can so it doesn't largely impact your trip. This can be a huge con for many guests that are looking to plan their once in a lifetime trip. For repeat guests, this might not matter quite as much. Be sure to check the Walt Disney World calendar.
Some of these cons may be minor to some families but for others certain refurbishments or weather concerns could be a deal breaker. Be sure to pick the best time for your family!
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
Subscribe to our FREE deals newsletter that is full of helpful planning information and exclusive Disney deals! Better yet, our newsletter provides you with access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere!
- Disney World Hotel Reviews: Pros and Cons of Every WDW Resort
- Walt Disney World Tickets Guide: Get Cheap WDW Tickets!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World Transportation
- Walt Disney World Character Meet and Greets: Ultimate Guide to Characters
- Attraction Guide to Walt Disney World’s Epcot
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.