Disneyland Valentine’s Day 2023 – Photo Ops, Food, Special Decorations
February is the month of romance so forgo the typical roses and chocolates and head to Anaheim to celebrate the most romantic day of the year − Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort. We have some great tips on how to spend February 14th with the one you love, Disney-style.
Keep reading for the Disneyland foodie guide, Valentine's Day photo ops and more!
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Book your discount tickets NOW >
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Valentine’s Month at Disneyland Celebrating Mickey and Minnie Mouse!
During the month of February Disneyland will deck out the park in honor of Mickey and Minnie Mouse's love as thee parks celebrate Valentine's Day with themed decor, special food and beverage offerings, and souvenirs.
Guests can also enjoy the new a “sweethearts” photo moment in Town Square! We don't expect this photo opt to return in 2023 as the Disneyland Disney100 utilizes this space for a Mickey Mouse decoration.
Disneyland Valentine's Day 2023 Food
Below Disney has released information on the Valentine's Day food offerings that will run for the month of February throughout the resort in honor of Valentine's Day at Disneyalnd.
Red Rose Taverne (Available through Feb. 28; mobile order available)
- Love Stuff: Red shortbread cookie, red velvet cake, raspberry, cookies and cream mousse, and heart sprinkles
Stage Door Café (Available through Feb. 28; mobile order available)
- Chocolate-Strawberry Funnel Cake: Funnel cake with chocolate drizzle, brownie crumbles, diced strawberries, and whipped topping (New)
Outdoor Carts in Frontierland (Available through Feb. 28)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pretzel: Strawberry & Graham Cracker-dusted Cream Cheese Pretzel
- Strawberry Dipping Sauce
- Strawberry Cookies & Crème Churro: Strawberry and Butter Cookie-dusted Churro with Vanilla Buttercream Drizzle and Strawberry Cookie Topping
Disney California Adventure Park
Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (Available Feb. 10 through 14; mobile order available)
- Sweetheart Sundae: Chocolate and strawberry ice cream topped with strawberry sauce, whipped cream, a chocolate-dipped strawberry, and valentine sprinkles served in a chocolate waffle cup (New)
- Valentine’s Sprinkles (New)
Lamplight Lounge and Lamplight Lounge – Boardwalk Dining (Available Feb. 10 through 14)
- A Toast to Love Flight: Three miniature cocktails featuring a spicy cocktail, a bitter cocktail, and a sweet cocktail
- The Flame: Bacardi Raspberry Rum, peach schnapps, mango purée, raspberry purée, lime juice, Sprite, and firewater bitters with a chile-lime rim
- The Ex: Absolut Citron Vodka, spicy bitters, blackberries, lemonade, agave nectar, and lemon juice
- The Love That Lasts a Lifetime: Bacardi Raspberry Rum, St. George, orgeat, raspberry purée, pineapple juice and Sprite
Trolley Treats (Available through Feb. 16)
- Oswald Apple: Green Granny Smith apple dipped in chocolate and enrobed in
dark chocolate with two long cereal treat ears dipped in dark chocolate and
embellished with white and red chocolate.
Downtown Disney District
Ballast Point Brewing Co. (Available Feb. 14 only)
- Tres Leches Rose Water Cake: Rose-milk-soaked shortcake topped with candied rose petal (New)
Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes (Available Feb. 10 through 14)
- Red Velvet Cake Shake: A red velvet cake batter shake with vanilla frosted rim with red and white sprinkles topped with a slice of red velvet cake, whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, and a cherry
California Churro (Available through Feb. 19)
- Chocolate-covered Strawberry Churro: Churro rolled in strawberry sugar, drizzled with chocolate
- Valentine’s Day Pre-Fix Menu: Lobster Bisque followed by choice of Jumbo Scallops or Pork Belly Cassoulet as your main entrée and finished off with a sweet choice of Chocolate Mousse Cake or Cheesecake for dessert (New) (Available Feb. 14 only)
- Scarlett Kiss: Raspberry rum, lemon juice, simple, lemonade, soda water, fresh berries, and a splash of raspberry purée (New) (Available through Feb. 28)
Kayla’s Cake (Available through Feb. 14)
- Valentine’s Day Gift Box: Six pre-selected macaron flavors of rose champagne, raspberry chocolate, strawberry cheesecake, red velvet, sea salt caramel, and Belgian dark chocolate
Naples Ristorante e Bar (Available Feb. 11 through 14)
- Two Enchanted Centuria Martini: Tequila blanco, chilled espresso, Irish cream, and vanilla syrup topped with an edible flower and served with a special Valentine’s tiramisu dessert to share (New)
Tortilla Jo’s (Available Feb. 11 through 14)
- Two Amor-ita Margaritas: Tequila, raspberry liqueur, organic margarita mix, and muddled raspberries served with a raspberry cheesecake to share (New)
Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Reef & Beef: Grilled jumbo shrimp and braised short ribs with creamy grits, green tomato chow-chow, and chili garlic butter sauce (Available Feb. 14 only)
- Chocolate Strawberry Martini: Strawberry vodka and chocolate liqueur (Available Feb. 6 through 19)
Sprinkles (Available through Feb. 19)
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cupcake + Layer Cake: Chocolate chip-studded Belgian dark chocolate cake topped with luscious raspberry frosting
- Heartthrob Red Velvet: Red velvet cake topped with cream cheese frosting finished with our exclusive blend from Fancy Sprinkles
- I Love You Box: Four red velvet, four vanilla, and four raspberry chocolate chip cupcakes
- XOXO Box: Three dark chocolate, three red velvet, three vanilla, and three raspberry chocolate chip cupcakes
Uva Bar & Cafe (Available through Feb. 28)
- Scarlett Kiss: Raspberry rum, lemon juice, simple, lemonade, soda water, fresh berries, and a splash of raspberry purée (New)
Wetzel’s Pretzels (Available through Feb. 28)
- Choco Churro Bitz and Frozen Horchata Bundle: Cin-A-Bitz drizzled with dulce de leche and Ghirardelli chocolate sauce paired with frozen horchata topped with cinnamon (New)
Hotels of Disneyland Resort
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
GCH Craftsman Bar (Available through Feb. 26)
- California Crush Cocktail: Crown Royal Regal Apple Whiskey, strawberry purée, lemon, and agave served with a mint sprig and strawberry heart garnish
- Tuxedo Strawberry Cocktail: Bacardi Raspberry Rum, dark crème de cacao, strawberry purée, and half & half served “up” in a chocolate-coated martini glass with strawberry garnish
- Love’s Lantern Cocktail: Skyy Citrus Vodka, Chambord, and lime garnished with edible flowers and a glow cube
Craftsman Grill (Available through Feb. 21; mobile order available)
- Valentine’s Day Donuts
- Valentine’s Day Cupcake
GCH Holiday Cart (Available through Feb. 26)
- Heart-shaped Linzer Cookie
- Mickey-shaped Valentine Cookie
- Valentine Macarons
- Assorted Cookie Box
- Chocolate-dipped Strawberries
- Valentine Crisped Rice Treat: Dark and white chocolate-dipped crisped rice treat
- Waffle Shot available with choice of milk, low-fat milk, chocolate milk or strawberry
Hearthstone Lounge (Available Feb. 10 through 20)
- Sparkling Fire: Ketel One Vodka, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Champagne, lemon juice, and raspberry gum syrup garnished with a raspberry and a dried rose petal (New)
Coffee House (Available Feb. 10 through 20; mobile order available)
- Sablé Heart Cookie with Raspberry Filling
- Red Velvet Cupcake
- Iced Raspberry Mocha
- Raspberry Mocha
Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar (Available Feb. 10 through 20)
- Sablé Heart Cookie with Raspberry Filling
- Red Velvet Cupcake
Disneyland Resort and Hotel Dining Options
Disneyland Resort adds a little extra on this special day to several of the sit-down restaurant menus. If you plan to take your loved one to the Resort for a celebratory meal, make your Disney Dining reservations ASAP up to 60 days in advance. This is at your fingertips with the Disneyland Mobile App.
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
Disneyland Resort's Napa Rose is of the highest excellence in dining experiences. Award-winning Chef Andrew Sutton offers a four-course Wine Country Valentine's Day special on February 14th for couples. This location was voted one of the best 2017 Valentine's Day venues in Orange County.
California Adventure's Carthay Circle
Carthay Circle Restaurant is the best choice for fine dining in California Adventure. We highly recommend this as a date option!
Commemorating Your Special Day
Don't forget to document your Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort with your loved one. There are several options from which to choose including taking your own selfies in front of specific locations or utilizing Disneyland Resort's PhotoPass System.
This year Disneyland has added a special photo op on Main Street U.S.A. to commemorate your special day.
You can also look for romantic backgrounds to memorialize Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort. Read Disney Dose's Instagram Guide article for some fun options including the “Happily Ever After” wall inside Disney Animation Building in Disney California Adventure Park. This is the go-to background for date nights, engagement announcements, and even marriage proposals!
Or, for a whimsical tour, plan a few meet-n-greets with character couples. Most are located in Fantasyland so check the entertainment guide on the Disney Mobile App to find Jasmine and Aladdin or Belle and Beast for a magical addition for your photos.
PhotoPass and Genie+ Photo Downloads
If you'd rather let someone else take the photos then explore purchasing PhotoPass through the Disney Mobile App. This option offers photographs from attractions, character meals, specified photo locations, and MagicShots which add in character enhancements. PhotoPass can be purchased separately or through Genie+ which is included free with your purchase.
Romantic Disneyland Rides
And what would Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort be without attractions? Of course all the attractions are magical when you're with your significant other. Most of the attractions are set up so couples sit next to each other so opt for these.
Dark Attractions to Sit Close to Your Sweetheart
If you want to sit close together in the dark, consider what Disneyland Resort describes as “dark” attractions meaning enclosed, secure in a vehicle, and traveling through elaborate scenes all usually in the dark.
Disneyland Dark Attractions
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh
- Alice in Wonderland
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- “it's a small world”
California Adventure Dark Attractions
- Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!
- The Little Mermaid- Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
Thrill Attractions to Hold Hands and Scream with Your Date!
For a more adventurous date with your Valentine, hold hands and get ready to scream with excitement!
Disneyland Thrill Attractions
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (bonus points to ride at night!)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours- The Adventure Continues
- Indiana Jones Adventure
California Adventure Thrill Attractions
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Grizzly River Run
- Goofy's Sky School
Slow and Easy Rides Ideal for Romance
If romance is on your mind for Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort then look into some of the Resort's slower attractions.
Disneyland Slow Attractions
- Main Street U.S.A. vehicles (note that these close mid-afternoon in preparation for parades)
- Jungle Cruise
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Storybook Canal Boats
- Disneyland Railroad
- Disneyland Monorail
California Adventure Slow Attractions
- Animation Building and Animator's Studio
- Pixar Pal-a-Round (stationary gondolas)
Couples Activities Around the Disneyland Area
For some couples' activities for Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort, think outside the parks. Take the time to relax after a busy day park-hopping by indulging in a massage at Tenaya Spa at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa. Call to make reservations ASAP.
After you relax, head to Downtown Disney District to test your bowling skills at Splitsville Lanes. After bowling on one of the 20 luxury lanes, grab a seat nearby on the covered patio to enjoy some live entertainment. Be sure to order from the crafted cocktails and sushi menus for a complete Valentine's Day date.
Ready to Enjoy Valentine's Day at Disneyland?
Whether you're celebrating a romantic day at Disneyland Resort or plan to visit for a long week, be sure to sign up for our Mickey Visit newsletter. Our tips and guides will help you achieve the best Disney vacation yet.
- Guide to Disneyland For Adults
- Best Disneyland Souvenirs
- Discount Disneyland Packages
- Hotels Near Disneyland
- Flying to Disneyland
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.
We are planning a trip to Disneyland February 2023. Do we need to purchase a separate tickets for the Valentine couples at night or is this included in our daily pass?