February is the month of romance so forgo the typical roses and chocolates and head to Anaheim to celebrate the most romantic day of the year − Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort. We have some great tips on how to spend February 14th with the one you love, Disney-style.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Valentine’s Month at Disneyland Celebrating Mickey and Minnie Mouse!
During the month of February Disneyland will deck out the park in honor of Mickey and Minnie Mouse's love as thee parks celebrate Valentine's Day with themed decor, special food and beverage offerings, and souvenirs.
Guests can also enjoy the new a “sweethearts” photo moment in Town Square!
Disneyland Resort and Hotel Dining Options
Disneyland Resort adds a little extra on this special day to several of the sit-down restaurant menus. If you plan to take your loved one to the Resort for a celebratory meal, make your Disney Dining reservations ASAP up to 60 days in advance. This is at your fingertips with the Disneyland Mobile App.
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
Disneyland Resort's Napa Rose is of the highest excellence in dining experiences. Award-winning Chef Andrew Sutton offers a four-course Wine Country Valentine's Day special on February 14th for couples. This location was voted one of the best 2017 Valentine's Day venues in Orange County.
Steakhouse 55 will is a great place to enjoy a meal with your date. This popular restaurant has great food and even better ambiance.
California Adventure's Carthay Circle
Carthay Circle Restaurant is the best choice for fine dining in California Adventure. We highly recommend this as a date option!
Disneyland Resort Meals and Treats
Visit New Orleans Square's Blue Bayou Restaurant for your Valentine's day meal which includes two specialty added items for Valentines Day: Strawberry Beet Salad and Pillow Cake Dessert – Pabana mousse with salted caramel pot de crème center. The Blue Bayou is by far the most popular fine dining option in Disneyland.
River Belle Terrace will have a holiday treats: Southern Pork Belly Sliders – Sticky sweet and fiery-glazed pork belly sliders on toasted brioche buns with fresh sliced jalapeños with house-made pickle chips along with Chocolate Lava Cake with passion fruit sorbet and passion fruit sauce.
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante will have a Valentine's Day meal as well: Molcajete Platter – Chorizo sausage, carne asada, shrimp, cebollitas, serrano, nopales, and Oaxaca cheese with salsa roja and warm tortillas and dessert will feature Chocolate Tamale with espresso whipped cream and cherry compote!
Bengal Barbecue will offer a Piranha Lemonade Slushy – Mango and pineapple lemonade with lychee and pomegranate popping pearls and Roasted Vegetable Spring Roll – Roasted Portobello mushrooms and red peppers, pickled cucumbers, baba ghanoush spread, zucchini noodles, fresh mint, fresh basil, and toasted sesame seeds served with harissa sauce.
Valentine's Day Themed Treats
Furthermore, look throughout both Disneyland for special Valentine's Day sweets such as cotton candy, desserts, and special ice-cream treats!
Red Rose Taverne
- Gorgeous Grey Stuff: Red shortbread cookie, red velvet cake, raspberry, cookies & cream mousse, and heart sprinkles (available Feb. 1 through Feb. 28) (New)
- Heart-shaped Butter Cookie: Heart-shaped shortbread cookie with strawberry glaze, white chocolate drizzle, and heart sprinkles (available Feb. 1 through Feb. 28) (New)
- Strawberry Sweet Tea: Black Tea with lemon and sweetened with strawberries (available through Mar. 28) (New)
Galactic Grill (available through Mar. 1)
- Spicy Nash Chicken Sandwich: Fried breaded chicken breast smothered in house-made Nashville hot-inspired sauce, with bread-and-butter pickle chips, and mayo on a toasted bun served with choice of Greek yogurt or french fries (New)
- Galactic Sunrise Slush: Strawberry limeade with a mix of sliced strawberries and purée served with a light-up glow cube (New)
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (available Feb. 11 through Feb. 14)
- Sweetheart Sundae: Strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream, strawberry sauce, caramel and chocolate drizzle, whipped cream, and red sugar sprinkles topped with a chocolate-covered strawberry (New)
Alien Pizza Planet (available through Mar. 1)
- SpaceDip Pizza Slice topped with spinach & artichoke dip, chicken, capicola, and assorted cheeses
Tomorrowland Churro and Pretzel Stands (available through Mar. 1)
- Sour Cherry Pretzel: Cream Cheese-filled pretzel with sour cherry sugar (New)
- Sour Cherry Churro with sour cherry sugar
New Orleans Square Churro Stand and Critter Country Churro and Lemonade Cart (available Feb. 1 through Feb. 28)
- Strawberry Churro: Churro rolled in strawberry sugar
The Tropical Hideaway (available Feb. 1 through Feb. 28)
- Valentine Swirl: DOLE Whip watermelon and cherry swirl
Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café (available Feb. 14)
- Valentine Macaron: Red and white macaron and strawberry buttercream filled with strawberry jam and brownie (New)
Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (available Feb. 11 through Feb. 14)
- True Love Sundae: Scoops of vanilla and strawberry ice cream served in a waffle cup and topped with strawberry sauce, cherry whipped cream, sprinkles, and a chocolate-covered strawberry
Town Square Churro Stand (available Feb. 1 through Mar. 1)
- Sweet Strawberry Dipping Sauce: Sweet strawberry dipping sauce
Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite (SOLD OUT)
For those of you visiting for one of Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite events, make sure to bring your appetite! With one look, you and your stomach will fall in love with these delicious options like the brand-new My answer is…Churro! or the delicious Star-Berry Cheesecake Shake at Galactic Grill. Make sure to add the Ham and Straw-Brie Sandwich from Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe to your list to try this unique twist packed with flavor. For a sweet finish, indulge in the Sweetheart Funnel Cake from Stage Door Café. You won’t be disappointed!
Disney California Adventure Park
Lamplight Lounge (available Feb. 11 through Feb. 14)
- The Love That Lasts a Life Time Sweet Cocktail: Raspberry rum, liqueur, pineapple juice, orgeat, lime juice, and raspberry purée (New)
- The Flame Spicy Cocktail: Raspberry rum, peach schnapps, mango, and raspberry purées with lime juice and firewater bitters (New)
- The Ex Sour & Bitter Cocktail: Citron vodka, lemonade, blackberries, agave, and angostura bitters (New)
- Valentine Cocktail Flight: The Ex, The Flame & The Love (New)
Various Candy Locations Around Disneyland Resort Including Marceline’s Confectionery, Trolley Treats, Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff, Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen, and Pooh Corner (available through Feb. 14)
- “Bee Mine” Apple: Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel and red chocolate and decorated in white and dark chocolate with cute little chocolate bee
- Strawberry Cake Pop: Chocolate cake pop dipped in pink strawberry-flavored chocolate and drizzled with red chocolate
- “Bee Mine” Cereal Treat: Heart-shaped cereal treat dipped in red chocolate and decorated in white and dark chocolate with a cute little chocolate bee
- Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Wand: Marshmallow wand dipped in caramel and dark chocolate drizzled with red and pink chocolate
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberry: Long-stemmed strawberry dipped in dark chocolate and drizzled in white chocolate
- Milk Chocolate Swirl Strawberry: Long-stemmed strawberry swirled in milk, white, and dark chocolate
To learn about the exciting Valentine’s Day offerings around the Downtown Disney District, my partner Valerie has put together everything you need to know to share in the love this Valentine’s Day with this guide.
Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa
GCH Holiday Cart (available Feb.1 through Mar. 1)
- Mickey Mouse-shaped Valentine’s Cookies
- Heart-shaped Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Minnie Mouse-shaped Crisped Rice Treats
- Chocolate-dipped Strawberries
- Ombre Macarons
Craftsman Bar (available Feb.1 through Mar. 1)
- Tuxedo Strawberry: Raspberry rum, dark crème de cacao, strawberry purée, and half and half served “up” in a chocolate-coated martini glass with strawberry garnish
- California Crush: Apple whiskey, strawberry purée, lemon, and agave served with a mint sprig and strawberry heart garnish
- Love’s Lantern: Citrus vodka, raspberry Liqueur, and lime garnished with edible flowers and a glow cube
Coffee House (available Feb.1 through Mar. 1)
- Red Velvet Cupcake (New)
- Sablé Heart Cookie with raspberry filling (New)
- Raspberry Mocha (New)
- Iced Raspberry Mocha (New)
Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill (available Feb.1 through Mar. 1)
- Red Velvet Cupcake (New)
- Sablé Heart Cookie with raspberry filing (New)
Commemorating Your Special Day
Don't forget to document your Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort with your loved one. There are several options from which to choose including taking your own selfies in front of specific locations or utilizing Disneyland Resort's PhotoPass System.
This year Disneyland has added a special photo op on Main Street U.S.A. to commemorate your special day.
You can also look for romantic backgrounds to memorialize Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort. Read Disney Dose's Instagram Guide article for some fun options including the “Happily Ever After” wall inside Disney Animation Building in Disney California Adventure Park. This is the go-to background for date nights, engagement announcements, and even marriage proposals!
Or, for a whimsical tour, plan a few meet-n-greets with character couples. Most are located in Fantasyland so check the entertainment guide on the Disney Mobile App to find Jasmine and Aladdin or Belle and Beast for a magical addition for your photos.
PhotoPass and Genie+ Photo Downloads
If you'd rather let someone else take the photos then explore purchasing PhotoPass through the Disney Mobile App. This option offers photographs from attractions, character meals, specified photo locations, and MagicShots which add in character enhancements. PhotoPass can be purchased separately or through Genie+ which is included free with your purchase.
Romantic Disneyland Rides
And what would Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort be without attractions? Of course all the attractions are magical when you're with your significant other. Most of the attractions are set up so couples sit next to each other so opt for these.
Dark Attractions to Sit Close to Your Sweetheart
If you want to sit close together in the dark, consider what Disneyland Resort describes as “dark” attractions meaning enclosed, secure in a vehicle, and traveling through elaborate scenes all usually in the dark.
Disneyland Dark Attractions
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh
- Alice in Wonderland
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- “it's a small world”
California Adventure Dark Attractions
- Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!
- The Little Mermaid- Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
Thrill Attractions to Hold Hands and Scream with Your Date!
For a more adventurous date with your Valentine, hold hands and get ready to scream with excitement!
Disneyland Thrill Attractions
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (bonus points to ride at night!)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours- The Adventure Continues
- Indiana Jones Adventure
California Adventure Thrill Attractions
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Grizzly River Run
- Goofy's Sky School
Slow and Easy Rides Ideal for Romance
If romance is on your mind for Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort then look into some of the Resort's slower attractions.
Disneyland Slow Attractions
- Main Street U.S.A. vehicles (note that these close mid-afternoon in preparation for parades)
- Jungle Cruise
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Storybook Canal Boats
- Disneyland Railroad
- Disneyland Monorail
California Adventure Slow Attractions
- Red Car Trolley
- Animation Building and Animator's Studio
- Pixar Pal-a-Round (stationary gondolas)
Couples Activities Around the Disneyland Area
For some couples' activities for Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort, think outside the parks. Take the time to relax after a busy day park-hopping by indulging in a couple's massage at Mandara Spa at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa. This customized massage allows you to spend quality time in a special suite reserved suite for the two of you. Call to make reservations ASAP.
After you relax, head to Downtown Disney District to test your bowling skills at Splitsville Lanes. After bowling on one of the 20 luxury lanes, grab a seat nearby on the covered patio to enjoy some live entertainment. Be sure to order from the crafted cocktails and sushi menus for a complete Valentine's Day date.
Ready to Enjoy Valentine's Day at Disneyland?
Whether you're celebrating a romantic day at Disneyland Resort or plan to visit for a long week, be sure to sign up for our Mickey Visit newsletter. Our tips and guides will help you achieve the best Disney vacation yet.
- Guide to Disneyland For Adults
- Best Disneyland Souvenirs
- Discount Disneyland Packages
- Hotels Near Disneyland
- Flying to Disneyland
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.