February is the month of romance so forgo the typical roses and chocolates and head to Anaheim to celebrate the most romantic day of the year − Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort. We have some great tips on how to spend February 14th with the one you love, Disney-style.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Valentine’s Month at Disneyland Celebrating Mickey and Minnie Mouse!
During the month of February Disneyland will deck out the park in honor of Mickey and Minnie Mouse's love as thee parks celebrate Valentine's Day with themed decor, special food and beverage offerings, and souvenirs.
Guests can also enjoy the new a “sweethearts” photo moment in Town Square!
Disneyland Resort and Hotel Dining Options
Disneyland Resort adds a little extra on this special day to several of the sit-down restaurant menus. If you plan to take your loved one to the Resort for a celebratory meal, make your Disney Dining reservations ASAP up to 60 days in advance. This is at your fingertips with the Disneyland Mobile App.
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
Disneyland Resort's Napa Rose is of the highest excellence in dining experiences. Award-winning Chef Andrew Sutton offers a four-course Wine Country Valentine's Day special on February 14th for couples. This location was voted one of the best 2017 Valentine's Day venues in Orange County.
Steakhouse 55 will is a great place to enjoy a meal with your date. This popular restaurant has great food and even better ambiance.
California Adventure's Carthay Circle
Carthay Circle Restaurant is the best choice for fine dining in California Adventure. We highly recommend this as a date option!
Disneyland Resort Meals and Treats
Visit New Orleans Square's Blue Bayou Restaurant for your Valentine's day meal which includes two specialty added items for Valentines Day: Strawberry Beet Salad and Pillow Cake Dessert – Pabana mousse with salted caramel pot de crème center. The Blue Bayou is by far the most popular fine dining option in Disneyland.
River Belle Terrace will have a holiday treats: Southern Pork Belly Sliders – Sticky sweet and fiery-glazed pork belly sliders on toasted brioche buns with fresh sliced jalapeños with house-made pickle chips along with Chocolate Lava Cake with passion fruit sorbet and passion fruit sauce.
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante will have a Valentine's Day meal as well: Molcajete Platter – Chorizo sausage, carne asada, shrimp, cebollitas, serrano, nopales, and Oaxaca cheese with salsa roja and warm tortillas and dessert will feature Chocolate Tamale with espresso whipped cream and cherry compote!
Bengal Barbecue will offer a Piranha Lemonade Slushy – Mango and pineapple lemonade with lychee and pomegranate popping pearls and Roasted Vegetable Spring Roll – Roasted Portobello mushrooms and red peppers, pickled cucumbers, baba ghanoush spread, zucchini noodles, fresh mint, fresh basil, and toasted sesame seeds served with harissa sauce.
Valentine's Day Themed Treats
Furthermore, look throughout both Disneyland for special Valentine's Day sweets such as cotton candy, desserts, and special ice-cream treats!
Disneyland Park (Seasonal Items All Available starting Feb. 14)
- Toasted Caprese Sandwich (Available at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café) – Toasted caprese sandwich with fresh mozzarella, oven-roasted tomatoes, arugula, pesto, and balsamic reduction on toasted sourdough and served with chips
- Burnin’ Hot Mac and Cheese Dog (Available at Refreshment Corner) – Foot-long all-beef hot dog with spicy macaroni and cheese and spicy cheesy chips and served with chips or apple slices
- Strawberry Horchata (Available at Rancho del Zocalo)
- Funnel of Love (Available at Stage Door Café) – Funnel cake covered with cheesecake filling, strawberry compote, and whipped cream
- Berry Cobbler Funnel Cake (Available at Hungry Bear Restaurant)
- Chocolate-Strawberry Beignets (Available at Mint Julep Bar)
- Strawberry Julep (Available at Mint Julep Bar)
- Berry Cheesecake Fritters (Available at Royal Street Veranda)
Disney California Adventure Park
Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Valentine’s Day Macaron (Available through Feb. 16) – Heart-shaped macaron filled with strawberry buttercream, jam, and crispies and finished with heart-shaped sprinkles
- Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake Sundae (Available through Feb. 16) – Vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate crème cookie crumbles and strawberry topping on a chocolate crème cookie bundt cake
- Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Bar (Available through Feb. 29) – Vanilla ice cream bar with dark chocolate coating sprinkled with Valentine’s hearts
- Chocolate Waffle Valentine’s Cone (Available through Feb. 29)
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles (Available through Febe. 29)
Disneyland Resort Candy Shops (All Available through Feb. 16)
Marceline’s Confectionery, Candy Palace, Pooh Corner, Trolley Treats, and Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff
- Strawberry Shortcake Marshmallow Wand – Marshmallow wand dipped in caramel, dipped in strawberry-flavored chocolate, and rolled with vanilla cookies and dried strawberries
- Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Wand – Marshmallow wand dipped in caramel, dipped in dark chocolate, and drizzled with red and pink chocolate
- Pink Minnie Cake Pop – Chocolate cake pop dipped in milk chocolate, dipped in white chocolate, and decorated with pink sugar and a pink bow
- Strawberry Cake Pop – Chocolate cake pop dipped in pink strawberry-flavored chocolate and drizzled with red chocolate
- Red Rose Cake Pop – Chocolate cake pop wrapped in a sour belt, dipped in red black cherry-flavored chocolate, and decorated with chocolate leaves
- Minnie Donut Crispy Treat – Crispy treat dipped in peanut butter chocolate and decorated with strawberry-flavored chocolate, a red bow, and rainbow sprinkles
- Pink Minnie Crispy Treat – Crispy treat dipped in milk chocolate and decorated with white chocolate, white candy-coated chocolates, glittery pink sugar, and a pink chocolate bow
- Pink Minnie Candy Apple – Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel, coated in milk chocolate, and decorated with white chocolate, white candy-coated chocolates, glittery pink sugar, and a pink chocolate bow
Downtown Disney District
- Rose Champagne Heart Macaron (Available through Feb. 14. At Kayla’s Cake)
- Spritz in Love (Available through Feb. 29 at Naples Ristorante e Bar) – Blood orange gin, fortified rosé, prosecco, and strawberry purée
- Milla’s Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Ice Cream (Available through Feb. 27 at Salt & Straw)
- Nibbles 85% Peruvian Chocolate Vegan Sorbet (Available through Feb. 27 at Salt & Straw)
- Compartés Caramelized Popcorn Milk Chocolate (Available through Feb. 27 at Salt & Straw)
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cupcake (Available through Mar. 1 at Sprinkles) – Chocolate chip-studded Belgian dark chocolate cake topped with raspberry frosting
- Galentine’s Day Cupcake (Available Feb. 13 only at Sprinkles) – Birthday cake topped with raspberry frosting
- Valentine’s Day Cupcake Boxes (Available through Feb. 17 at Sprinkles)
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Churro (Available through Feb. 16 at California Churro) – Signature strawberry churro covered with chocolate sugar
- “Be Mine” Italian Ice Cone (Available through Feb. 16 at LA Ice) – Scoop of strawberry and vanilla Italian ice served in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone encrusted in edible pink glitter hearts and sugar and topped with two white chocolate-covered strawberries with pink and white heart-shaped sprinkles
- Red Velvet Cake Shake (Available Feb. 14 at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes)
Commemorating Your Special Day
Don't forget to document your Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort with your loved one. There are several options from which to choose including taking your own selfies in front of specific locations or utilizing Disneyland Resort's PhotoPass System.
This year Disneyland has added a special photo op on Main Street U.S.A. to commemorate your special day.
You can also look for romantic backgrounds to memorialize Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort. Read Disney Dose's Instagram Guide article for some fun options including the “Happily Ever After” wall inside Disney Animation Building in Disney California Adventure Park. This is the go-to background for date nights, engagement announcements, and even marriage proposals!
Or, for a whimsical tour, plan a few meet-n-greets with character couples. Most are located in Fantasyland so check the entertainment guide on the Disney Mobile App to find Jasmine and Aladdin or Belle and Beast for a magical addition for your photos.
PhotoPass and MaxPass Photo Downloads
If you'd rather let someone else take the photos then explore purchasing PhotoPass through the Disney Mobile App. This option offers photographs from attractions, character meals, specified photo locations, and MagicShots which add in character enhancements. PhotoPass can be purchased separately or through MaxPass which also includes FastPass digital options.
Romantic Disneyland Rides
And what would Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort be without attractions? Of course all the attractions are magical when you're with your significant other. Most of the attractions are set up so couples sit next to each other so opt for these.
Dark Attractions to Sit Close to Your Sweetheart
If you want to sit close together in the dark, consider what Disneyland Resort describes as “dark” attractions meaning enclosed, secure in a vehicle, and traveling through elaborate scenes all usually in the dark.
Disneyland Dark Attractions
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh
- Alice in Wonderland
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- “it's a small world”
California Adventure Dark Attractions
- Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!
- The Little Mermaid- Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
Thrill Attractions to Hold Hands and Scream with Your Date!
For a more adventurous date with your Valentine, hold hands and get ready to scream with excitement!
Disneyland Thrill Attractions
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (bonus points to ride at night!)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours- The Adventure Continues
- Indiana Jones Adventure
California Adventure Thrill Attractions
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Grizzly River Run
- Goofy's Sky School
Slow and Easy Rides Ideal for Romance
If romance is on your mind for Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort then look into some of the Resort's slower attractions.
Disneyland Slow Attractions
- Main Street U.S.A. vehicles (note that these close mid-afternoon in preparation for parades)
- Jungle Cruise
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Storybook Canal Boats
- Disneyland Railroad
- Disneyland Monorail
California Adventure Slow Attractions
- Red Car Trolley
- Animation Building and Animator's Studio
- Pixar Pal-a-Round (stationary gondolas)
Couples Activities Around the Disneyland Area
For some couples' activities for Valentine's Day at Disneyland Resort, think outside the parks. Take the time to relax after a busy day park-hopping by indulging in a couple's massage at Mandara Spa at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa. This customized massage allows you to spend quality time in a special suite reserved suite for the two of you. Call to make reservations ASAP.
After you relax, head to Downtown Disney District to test your bowling skills at Splitsville Lanes. After bowling on one of the 20 luxury lanes, grab a seat nearby on the covered patio to enjoy some live entertainment. Be sure to order from the crafted cocktails and sushi menus for a complete Valentine's Day date.
Ready to Enjoy Valentine's Day at Disneyland?
Whether you're celebrating a romantic day at Disneyland Resort or plan to visit for a long week, be sure to sign up for our Mickey Visit newsletter. Our tips and guides will help you achieve the best Disney vacation yet.
- Guide to Disneyland For Adults
- Best Disneyland Souvenirs
- Discount Disneyland Packages
- Hotels Near Disneyland
- Flying to Disneyland