One of the best souvenirs you can have from your Walt Disney World vacation is a full album full of pictures to help transport you back to the magic anytime you wish! PhotoPass at Walt Disney World works similar as it does at Disneyland with the main differences being in the cost. Our guide to Walt Disney World Memory Maker aims to tell you everything you need to know so you can plan for your vacation.
Save on your stay! Discount Walt Disney World tickets! Start preparing now for your Walt Disney World vacation and book your hotel with the best prices! Make sure you are getting the best deal for your vacation! Book now >
Walt Disney World PhotoPass Locations and Magic Shots
PhotoPass is just the name of the photo service at Walt Disney World- you will find cast members placed strategically around the theme parks ready to take your picture. Here are the most well-known locations to finding PhotoPass photographers at Walt Disney World:
- Main Entrance
- Town Square
- In front of Cinderella’s Castle
- Locations in Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Spaceship Earth
- Character Spot
- World Showcase
- MISSION: Space
- Test Track
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Hollywood Boulevard
- Sunset Boulevard Attractions
- Sorcerer Mickey’s Hat
- Al’s Toy Barn
- Avenue of the Americas
- Animation Courtyard
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Main Entrance
- Tree of Life
- Expedition Everest
- Character Boat Landing
Both of the water parks also offer Walt Disney World PhotoPass photographers to capture your picture. You can pull up the Walt Disney World app to track down photographers. Disney PhotoPass photographers will also take your picture with your own phone as well which can be a great way to get that perfect picture without the cost.
You will also get your photo taken on select Walt Disney World attractions such as:
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Pirate’s of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Expedition Everest
- Frozen Ever After
- Test Track
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will also have a video added to their account of guests that have purchased Memory Maker.
You will also get your photo taken at select character dining experiences including:
- Be Our Guest Restaurant (Dinner only)
- Chef Mickey’s
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ
- 1900 Park Fare
- ‘Ohana (Breakfast only)
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Picture included in price of the meal)
- Cinderella’s Royal Table (Picture included in price of the meal)
One of the cool things about using the PhotoPass photographers is their ability to add ‘Magic Shots‘ to your pictures. Basically, they can add cool special effects and characters to your photos. They can make for some great images, here’s a few examples of available Magic Shots to try:
These Magic Shots are so much fun- be sure to ask your PhotoPass photographer if you can do a Magic Shot. Sometimes they will offer them to you but you can always ask too!
Memory Maker Cost and Purchase Details
Memory Maker is a way to purchase your photos in bulk and thus saving you money in the long run. If you plan on buying photos this is the best way to do it. You get unlimited PhotoPass photos and videos for one price with Memory Maker.
Memory Maker includes:
- Unlimited digital downloads of all your Disney PhotoPass photos and videos
- Select Attraction photos and videos
- Select Character dining photos
- Discounts on prints of your photos
- Magic Shots – featuring Disney Characters and more, added to your photos
- Digital borders and stickers to personalize your photos
You have two price options for Memory Maker. When you buy Memory Maker in advance at least three days in advance, you save money and pay $169. If you decide to buy it at the resort you will pay $199.
Here are additional details you need if you are interested in purchasing memory maker:
- Memory Maker Waiting Period– if Memory Maker is purchased at the advance purchase price, any photos taken within 3 days of the date Memory Maker is purchased are not included and must be purchased separately.
- Remember to Save Your Photos– please download all your PhotoPass photos and videos before they expire (45 days from the date they’re taken). Once they expire, they can no longer be purchased or downloaded.
- Memory Maker Is Accessed Online– if you’re signed in when you purchase Memory Maker, it can be accessed by visiting Disney PhotoPass. If you’re not signed in, you’ll first need to claim your Memory Maker by visiting My Disney Experience.
- Download Family & Friends Photos-you can not only download your own Disney PhotoPass photos, but also those of up to 25 members of your Family & Friends who share media with you.
You have 30 days to download all your photos after they were taken. Memory Maker is the best way to pay for your photos if you know you’d want to be able to keep them!
You can also purchase photos individually:
- $18.95 – 5×7 Print
- $18.95 – 2- 4×6 Prints
- $20.95 – 8×10 Print
- $16.95 – Digital Download
As you can see, it makes sense to buy Memory Maker because $16.95 a pop will add up quick!
Walt Disney World PhotoPass Tips
These are photos you’re going to cherish for a lifetime! Make sure that you take the time to ensure you’re getting the best photos to take home with you. Here are some tips for getting that perfect PhotoPass photo.
Assume the Character Pose
Ask the characters for pose ideas, they will be more than happy to show you their signature pose for the camera. Rather than having 20 pictures of simply standing next to the characters, incorporate some matching poses for added fun. Kids, especially, love to do this.
Let Your PhotoPass Photographer Guide You
Remember, these PhotoPass photographers are professionals! Ask them for advice on how to pose or stand for your pictures. They will be more than happy to oblige. This is always easier though when there’s not a huge line behind you for a photo so make sure you take that into account.
Dress for the Occasion for Walt Disney World PhotoPass
We always recommend being comfortable at the parks because of all the miles of walking you end up doing! However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t also dress savvy for your park pictures! If you’re staying in a close by hotel and have multiple days to take advantage of, you can always dress up a bit in the morning for your pictures and dress down in average park clothes for the evenings. You’ll be happy you did if you have a few pictures of your group looking fresh and nice first thing in the morning. And don’t forget to take off your sunglasses for a few photos so your face is visible!
Remember: Kids WILL Be Tired
It’s always best to get those perfect PhotoPass pictures first thing in the day with kids. Your kiddo will be happier, cleaner, and it makes for a better experience for everyone. Trying to force your overheated, sticky, and cranky toddler for a picture at the end of the day will not end in a glorious picture. Although, it may be a funny one!
Let Us Help You Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
Ready to plan your Walt Disney World PhotoPass pictures? For more tips and tricks to make Disney vacations magical, sign up for our current newsletter!
- Walt Disney World Cheap Food Guide
- Guide to Walt Disney World Transportation
- Meeting Characters in Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Hotel Reviews
- Guide to Disney Springs