Our recent stay at the Tropicana Inn & Suites was wonderful especially with it being one of the closest locations to the entrance to Disneyland. Enjoy our complete Disneyland Tropicana Inn & Suites review with more about the hotel!
This hotel takes even less steps to walk to the gates than the Disneyland property owned hotels.
Join me for a full review on a great hotel near Disneyland that is right across the street.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read our editor's review on her personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
NEW SoCaL Resident DISCOUNT Tickets–> This new Disneyland discount is for Southern California residents for visits Jan. 3rd-May 26th. Guests can use this ticket any weekday during this period. Get Away Today has additional savings for our readers beyond the stated above! Mickey Visit readers will save over $140 per ticket. CLICK HERE to access these discounts through our exclusive link!>
Overview of the Disneyland Tropicana Inn & Suites Review
Booking with Get Away Today
Get Away Today is one of Disney's longest standing partners- they have worked with Disneyland for 30 years! Their customer service is superb and they offer extreme discounts on tickets — the Get Away Today reviews are consistently extremely positive.
I have been using Get Away Today for my Disneyland vacations long before I began writing for Mickey Visit and they still remain my go to for planning my Disneyland vacations. Not only can you get the best deals on discount Disneyland tickets with Get Away Today you also have the opportunity to receive exclusive hotel perks at many of the great hotels close to Disneyland.
So seriously, if you plan on visiting Disneyland, I can't stress enough how much money Get Away Today can save you. We are typically a family that travels on a budget and anywhere we can save money is always appreciated.
Tropicana Inn & Suites Review
Here us the full run down of my personal and honest experience with our stay in the Tropicana Inn & Suites Hotel review.
The hands down best thing about this location is the close proximity to the Disneyland resort. The Tropicana Inn & Suites is located right at the intersection by Disneyland that will take you straight to the front gates. In fact, this hotel is even closer walking distance than the Disney owned property hotels!
Disneyland Tropicana Inn & Suites Review Room Photos
Aside from the amazing proximity, this hotel was clean and recently remodeled making for a well-rounded experience. There was no sacrifice to comfort and hospitality by choosing close proximity with this hotel. Here's a photo tour of our room:
The bathroom had great water pressure and adjustable settings on the shower head. Water pressure can be somewhat of a concern for some of the older Anaheim area hotels but not at the Tropicana! The beds were comfortable and everything was spotless when we arrived.
Anaheim Tropicana Inn & Suites Amenities
The website of the Tropicana Inn & Suites lists the amenities as including:
- The Cove on Harbor Market and Café
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Heated Pool and Jacuzzi
- Coin-Operated Laundry Facilities
- Self-Parking for an Additional Fee
- The daily parking fee is $20. One vehicle per room. Additional vehicles may be parked on site at $27.00 plus tax per day (based on availability.)
- 24 hour Front Desk
- Complimentary Luggage Storage Available in Lobby
- One Stop Mobility Located at the Camelot Inn & Suites
- Complimentary Computer Kiosk in Lobby
- Adjoining Rooms Available Upon Request
Coin laundry available.
The Cove is an attached souvenir shop.
Seating area in front of the Cove.
The amenities were average, nothing mind blowing but provided all the necessities like a pool and on-site convenience store. I was thrilled to see they had a hot tub- many hotels don't always have one in this area. The Cove is the on-site convenience store which offered most necessities at the usual marked up price. I always opt to have a small grocery order delivered to avoid paying those higher prices but it's handy in a pinch. The attached cafe was rarely open when we passed it but we often left early for rope drop and came back late when the store was closed.
Coffee maker- not a Keurig but provides standard hotel grade coffee.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Mini-Refrigerator & Microwave
- Complimentary In-room Safe
- 43” Flat Screen TV with Cable
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Coffee/Tea Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Bath Amenities
- Bathroom with tub/shower (Some shower-only rooms available)
I'm always happy to see a microwave in a room along with a fridge so that's a nice bonus! Overall, the room amenities were standard for this type of hotel and were plenty for our needs.
Final Thoughts: Tropicana Inn & Suites Review
I loved the Tropicana Inn & Suites due to its close proximity to Disneyland, the cleanliness of the rooms and how close it was located to a nearby McDonalds for breakfast! If you're looking for convenience, the Tropicana is a wonderful choice. We will definitely be back. While I normally don't mind taking the ART bus, like we've done in the past when we've stayed at the Clarion or Anaheim Marriott, it was wonderful to just walk across the street.
If you're planning a your trip to Disneyland and want to stay at the Tropicana, be sure to book via our travel partner for the lowest prices on tickets and hotels! Check out the lowest prices on the hotel here.
Pros for Tropicana Inn & Suites
- Best location. The walk to Disneyland is about five minutes- the biggest delay you might have is the stoplight at the intersection. It's closer than some of the Disney owned hotels!
- Clean. Our room was spotless and recently remodeled.
- Friendly staff. Everyone we encountered was friendly and nice.
- Comfortable beds. This is always a must when visiting Disneyland.
- Great water pressure in the shower.
- Fridge in the room allows for easy storing of leftovers or food plus a microwave to re-heat leftovers.
- Affordable for the great proximity- if you want to be as close to Disneyland as possible but don't want to pay the high Disney prices, this is a great option.
- Plenty of fast food options nearby for breakfast or other meals. McDonalds was just steps away which became our daily breakfast and coffee pit stop.
- Suites available for larger groups plus adjoining rooms.
Cons for Tropicana Inn & Suites
- The pool is rather small and could easily become crowded in visiting during the warmer months. Our visit was for Thanksgiving week so the weather wasn't too warm for swimming but I could see this area getting packed in the summer. There's nothing too special about the pool which can be a bummer for families with kids where pools are top priority.
- The hotel is a decent size meaning if your room is near the back, that's going to be a longer walk as you're returning from Disneyland. You can try requesting a room closer to the front to avoid this!
- Only on-site food option is The Cove market and coffee shop which usually opened too late to make use of before rope drop so we found ourselves using different options for coffee in the mornings. Most food items were overpriced but this is typical for this area.
- Noise level was loud at times. The Tropicana Inn & Suites is set up like a motel with outward facing doors so you could really hear the noise of people coming and going. Since we usually left early for rope drop and came back late, this wasn't an issue but could be if you're trying to take an afternoon nap.
I will definitely stay at the Tropicana Inn & Suites again based just on the proximity and cleanliness of the hotel. You really can't beat the location!
Let Us Help Plan Your Disneyland Trip Today!
Did reading our Tropicana Inn & Suites Hotel review get you excited to visit Disneyland? Let us help you plan your Disneyland vacation! To get started, subscribe to our FREE deals newsletter for access to exclusive content and deals you won't find anywhere else. Check it out HERE! Don't forget to check out some of our other helpful planning guides:
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.