During our recent visit to Disneyland in December of 2019 we decided to try for a different hotel experience that is more ‘moderate' in terms of hotels in the area and we stayed at the Anaheim Marriott. As always, we booked through Get Away Today and this allowed us to receive one night free at the hotel which was a huge savings. Keep reading to find all about our experience in this honest and unbiased Anaheim Marriott hotel review.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Overview of the Anaheim Marriott
The Anaheim Marriott is not just an option used by families traveling to Disneyland but for many business men/women utilizing the nearby Anaheim Convention Center. Because of this you can expect some high quality amenities such as:
- Air conditioning
- Alarm clock
- Bottled water: $4 Fee
- Coffee maker/tea service
- Crib/Play Yard
- Individual climate control
- Iron and ironing board
- Luxurious bedding – down comforters, custom duvets, cotton-rich linens
- Mini fridge
- Pillows: down/feather
- Pillows: foam
- Pull-out sofa bed
- Rollaway bed: $20 Per Room Daily
- Cable channel: CNN
- Cable channel: ESPN
- Cable channel: HBO
- Cable/satellite TV
- Color TV
- Internet TV
- Bathroom Amenities
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Alarm clock
Other hotel amenities include:
- Car Rental
- Concierge Lounge Hours
- Bourbon Program
- Buffet Breakfast from $25 per person
- Cash machine/ATM
- Concierge desk
- Foreign Exchance
- Full American breakfast from $17 per person
- Grab-n-Go Breakfast from $10 per person
- Newpaper in lobby
- Safe deposit boxes at the front desk
- Valet dry-cleaning
- Full resturant
- Pool and hot tub
- nFuse Restaurant and Lounge
- Slice Pizzeria
- The Market (Serves Starbucks)
- Fitness Center
Overall, you can expect an above average amount of amenities which is a huge plus.
Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review
Here us the full run down of my personal and honest experience with our stay in this Anaheim Marriott hotel review.
Check-In and Check-Out Process at the Disneyland Anaheim Marriott
Our check in process was extremely fast. We arrived with a later flight so we were well past check in time which was no issue. There was no line for the front desk and we had our room key within minutes. The longest part of this process was actually finding our room- the hotel itself can be a bit of a maze. You enter your room number into the elevator keypad which is a bit different. Don't be afraid to ask for help navigating the elevators!
The only issue we had upon check in was with the nightly security deposit. I was unaware, likely my own fault for missing the fine print at some point, that the security deposit was $50 per night. When they asked for my credit card for incidentals, they did not disclose the large amount and I was a bit surprised to see such a large charge on my account when I checked it later that night.
Despite the surprise, when I called to clarify the amount of the charge the hotel staff was extremely apologetic for the lack of explanation and removed the pending hold immediately. On top of that, they credited my account for $100 in room service to use during our stay which was fantastic. I mostly used it on Starbucks coffee (what can I say, I'm a coffee snob!) but it was a great perk. The management was overly gracious about the miscommunication- I was impressed how they went above and beyond with me.
Regardless, be prepared for the $50 per night deposit fee for your stay. You will be asked for a card upon check in and these funds will be held until you check out. If you use room service, the cost will be added to your bill and deducted from that amount. This is pretty standard for hotels like these but don't let it catch you by surprise.
The check out process was seamless and took less than five minutes, they apologized again for the miscommunication when we checked out and everyone was extremely friendly. Again, I was blown away by the amazing customer service. Especially for a miscommunication that really was my own fault- I should have asked more clarifying questions about the deposit hold. But you know how it goes after a long day of traveling with kids, I was just focused on finding the bed!
Overall, even with the few bumps in the road the check in and out process was quick!
Booking with Get Away Today
Get Away Today is one of Disney's longest standing partners- they have worked with Disneyland for 30 years! Their customer service is superb and they offer extreme discounts on tickets — the Get Away Today reviews are consistently extremely positive.
I have been using Get Away Today for my Disneyland vacations long before I began writing for Mickey Visit and they still remain my go to for planning my Disneyland vacations. Not only can you get the best deals on discount Disneyland tickets with Get Away Today you also have the opportunity to receive exclusive hotel perks at many of the great hotels close to Disneyland. On this trip we received our fourth night free just because we booked through Get Away Today! Your savings can vary by hotel with some hotels offering a night free, free parking, free breakfast, and more.
So seriously, if you plan on visiting Disneyland, I can't stress enough how much money Get Away Today can save you. We are typically a family that travels on a budget and anywhere we can save money is always appreciated.
Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review: nFuse Restaurant
You have plenty of food options inside the hotel but when we arrived there was a large convention going on next door at the Anaheim Convention Center which meant long lines for all the quick service food options in the hotel like Slice, the pizza place. We opted instead to dine at the nFuse restaurant which is enormous. There's plenty of seating and there's also a lounge area with a pool table and other fun activities that we saw many teens utilizing.
The kids meals were simple which I appreciated since my son is a notorious picky eater. I liked the food but it was definitely pricey for the portions I felt we received.
We also ordered the room service a few times for simple breakfast items like pancakes and hash browns and found the breakfast options adequate. We did not try the Slice pizza place or the on-site Starbucks because we spent so much time at the parks.
Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review Room and Photos
We had a regular two double bed standard room. It was small but laid out in a real accessible fashion with sliding doors for the bathroom to help the overall functionality and space of the room. Larger families might feel a bit squished in this room though but it worked fine for my small family.
I really liked our room. The beds were so comfortable and the shower was amazing. One of the biggest cons you see around the hotels in the Disneyland area are older bathrooms and it was nice to stay somewhere with such recently upgraded bathrooms.
Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review: Amenities
We didn't make use of all the amenities offered such as dry cleaning or the fitness room but if we come again in the summer we will definitely utilize the pool!
Our visit was in December and the week we were there was unseasonably cold so we did not utilize the pool area at all. We did walk through it and it looked amazing, it'd be worth staying here again in the summer just to use the pool.
I found the hotel store here to be extremely disappointing, it was more of a cute little California boutique than a store offering necessities for hotel guests. Again, it was small details like this that highlighted that business atmosphere rather than a family/Disney feel to us. They did not have milk or coffee creamer so we ended up walking across the street to the Hilton to use their convenience store which offered a few more options.
Final Thoughts and Review of Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review
Here are my overall pros/cons from our stay at the Anaheim Marriott:
Pros- Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review
- Clean. Everything from our room to the pool to the restaurant was always found clean and spotless.
- Friendly staff. Everyone we encountered was friendly and nice. When they made an error when I checked in, they credited me $100 to room service which was extremely appreciated.
- Comfortable beds. I always feel like this is high on my priority list when visiting Disney!
- Fantastic bathroom with rainfall shower head. We really appreciated such a nice shower since that's not usually the case with many older hotels nearby.
- Fridge in the room allows for easy storing of leftovers or food.
- Safety- we felt really safe here. The locks on the doors were secure and there were always people in the lobby. As a single mom traveling as the only adult, this is always something important to me.
- Great view of the pool from our room.
- Option of room service available was great. You could opt to skip the $5 convenience fee if you ran downstairs to pick up your food.
- Within walking distance to Disneyland. Easily a 10-15 minute walk to the park depending on how fast you walk. We rode the ART most days and there's a bus stop right in front of the hotel.
Cons- Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review
- Large room security deposit of $50 per night. Even though you get these funds back, you will have to wait a few business days after check out to see it on your account. For families traveling on a budget, this is a huge con to consider. Be prepared upon check in to have this amount charged on your credit card.
- On site restaurant did not have many options for picky eaters (aka- the kids in your group!) and had more of an adult atmosphere.
- You can easily tell that this hotel caters largely to business clients visiting for conventions at the Anaheim Convention Center. The atmosphere doesn't feel very Disney or family focused. Not to say it isn't family friendly because it is! You just wouldn't necessarily know you're at a hotel nearby to Disney.
- If there's a large convention going on next door, you expect huge waits for the Slice (pizza spot) or the Starbucks making those amenities a bit useless.
- Expect to pay a $12.95 fee for Wifi per day if you want to use it in your room. You can use Wifi for free in the lobby and lounge though.
- The hotel itself is huge. If you have a room far from the elevators, be prepared for a bit of a long walk to get to and from the lobby.
- Still a bit of a walk to the gates- at least 10-15 minutes. This might be a bit too far to walk for some families.
Enjoy Our Anaheim Marriott Hotel Review? Let Us Help Plan Your Disneyland Trip Today!
Did reading our Anaheim Marriott hotel review get you excited to visit Disneyland? Let us help you plan your Disneyland vacation! To get started, subscribe to our FREE deals newsletter for access to exclusive content and deals you won't find anywhere else. Check it out HERE! Don't forget to check out some of our other helpful planning guides:
- Best Times to Visit Disneyland
- Best Disneyland Souvenirs
- Disneyland Restaurant Reviews and Tips
- Disneyland FastPass Guide
- Booking Disneyland Packages