When it comes to visiting the Walt Disney World Resort for military and veterans, there is so much to learn about the available discounts and perks offered. Here is our full guide to all the fantastic deals and opportunities for military guests and their families who stay at the resort.
Save on your stay! Discount Walt Disney World tickets! Start preparing now for your Walt Disney World vacation and book your hotel with the best prices! Make sure you are getting the best deal for your vacation! Book now >
Hotel Discounts for Military Members and Families at Walt Disney World
Discounted rates at hotels on property and off are abundant for Walt Disney World military families.
Shades of Green
Shades of Green military retreat is located west of Magic Kingdom nestled between two PGA golf courses. Although not a Disney-owned resort, it still offers plenty of Disney magic. Guests can look for ticket discounts (more later), special events, and transportation to and from the parks and venues. A visit at this armed force center is based on rank and length of stay. Junior personnel pay more than senior rank but the location still has the best prices for military families. Contact Shades of Green for the complete list of rates and eligibility.
Walt Disney World Resort Lodging
Walt Disney World military price deductions fall under the Disney Armed Forces Salute discount. This includes slashed hotel prices and cheaper tickets. The discounts for accommodations depend on availability and the location category.
Value category refers to the least expensive locations including Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. These facilities offer a 30% off discount.
Moderate pricing for Walt Disney World military visitors feature Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort- both Riverside and French Quarters, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, and The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. The Armed Forces Salute discount honors a 35% reduced price.
For military guests who are eyeing the deluxe locations, they can receive a 40% rate for a stay at several high-end venues. These include Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Disney’s Beach Club and Yacht Club Resorts, and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn among others.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
There are a few non-Disney venues on property that offer discounted military rates. Because Walt Disney World Dolphin and Walt Disney World Swan are Marriott chain-owned, discounts are through the headquarters. For further information, I recommend contacting these hotels individually.
Likewise, the non-Disney locations on Walt Disney World Resort land, the hotels/motels off-site offer independent military discounts. There are far too many to list individually but a quick internet check through travel agents or travel sites can verify any military discounts.
Walt Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military
And, much like Walt Disney World military discounted lodging rates, ticket price reductions are plentiful for military visitors and families.
Disney Armed Forces Salute
Military personnel can receive lodging discounts through Disney Armed Forces Salute. This offer heavily discounts Walt Disney World Resort passes as well.
Walt Disney World Ticket Options for Military
Options include a 4 or 5-day length stay them park hopper of theme park hopper plus tickets.
- Theme park hopper tickets allow hopping between all four theme parks- Magic Kingdom, Disney Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. Prices listed are for 2019.
- A 4-day pass costs $241 per person
- A 5-day pass costs $257 per person
- Theme park hopper plus tickets allow visiting between all four theme parks plus additional visits to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf course, Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course, entrance to Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex, and Disney’s Oak Trail 9-Hole Golf Course.
- A 4-day pass costs $291 per person
- A 5-day pass costs $307 per person
Things to Consider Before Purchasing Discount Walt Disney World Tickets
However, there are some things to consider when purchasing these discounted tickets including:
- Guests can purchase tickets on military bases, through Disney, or at Shades of Green.
- The qualifying member can purchase up to six tickets (one ticket must be used by military personnel or spouse).
- Military personnel must activate the tickets first, then afterwards tickets can be used by anyone at any given time.
- Days need not be consecutive.
- Guests cannot rollover ticket days into the next calendar year.
- The tickets are non-refundable.
- Guests can upgrade tickets to “plus” status or seasonal passes.
- Ticket holders can link the passes to “My Disney Experience” accounts to utilize FastPass+ and to make dining or special events reservations.
- Call for updated blackout/blockout dates.
Qualifiers for Walt Disney World Ticket Discounts
Qualifying military personnel who can receive Disney’s Armed Forces Salute is as follows:
- Active/current/retired members of US military from Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, Coast Guard, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Services (PHS), Commissioned Corps of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- 100-percent permanently disabled veterans (qualifying personnel must have military ID with DAVPRM status).
- Spouses of eligible members in place of members.
- Widowed spouses of deceased eligible members.
- Active Military Foreign Affiliates with US issued CAC blue band.
Stars and Stripes Pass
For Walt Disney World military guests who plan to experience an extended Disney vacation, the Stars and Stripes Pass is another option. Potential buyers must be guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel who are eligible to stay at Shades of Green. There are a few more stipulations as follows:
- Guests must present military ID and Walt Disney World Resort ID for purchase.
- Tickets are sold in 2-10 day increments.
- The number of ticket days must match the length of stay.
- Guests must use days consecutively.
- Ticket holders can use passes in all four theme parks and additional venues- Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon.
Disabled Veterans Eligibility Discounts
For those military veterans who are disabled, certain discounts apply depending on the status of the veteran.
- Those veterans medically retired and who have a current retired ID are eligible for Disney’s Armed Forces Salute and Shades of Green discounts.
- Veterans whose disability is 100% service induced are eligible for Disney’s Armed Forces Salute and Shades of Green discounts with DAVPRM status current ID.
- Military veterans whose disability is 100% temporary are eligible for Shades of Green discount (no DAVPRM ID).
- If a veteran is less than 100% disabled and not DAVPRM, then the person is not eligible for any regular military discount but can stay at Shades of Green and purchase tickets in the months of January and September only.
- And, those personnel with honorable service are eligible to stay at Shades of Green with a DD-214.
Standard Military Discount Tickets
Walt Disney World military visitors can also purchase the standard military discounted tickets but the savings are nowhere near as substantial as the Disney’s Armed Forces Salute discount. Military guests can purchase them from a military reseller or base, or at Shades of Green. Subsequently, guests will save up to 8% depending on the type of ticket (non-hopper versus hopper) and the duration of stay up to 10 days.
Miscellaneous Military Discounts for Walt Disney World
Along with lodging and ticket price reductions, military personnel can capitalize on food, entertainment, and merchandise discounts.
Disney Springs Military Discounts
This outdoor entertainment venue on Walt Disney World Resort property offers discounts anywhere from 10%-25% from participating locations. Dining facilities include Chef Art Smith, Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop, and a full 25% discount when eating at House of Blues Restaurant. Entertainment locations, such as AMC Theaters, grant a discount as well. Check Planet Hollywood and House of Blues retail among others for more discounted merchandise in Disney Springs.
Scooters/ECVs Military Discounts
Walt Disney World Resort discounts the use of Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs or scooters) within the resort. Discounts are applied to disabled military personnel and Wounded Warriors. Vehicles are on a first-come first-serve basis.
Special Event Military Discount Options
In addition, military personnel should definitely take advantage of the discounts offered for two of Walt Disney World Resort’s special events. Guests can save money on event tickets for the “Not So Scary Halloween” party and “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas” party. Just stop by a Disney ticket window or Shades of Green with your current military ID.
Let Us Help You Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
So thank-you to all military personnel for your extraordinary service. Not enough recognition is bestowed upon our service men and women but Walt Disney World Resort does have some great discounts to recognize their services. For more tips and tricks to make Disney vacations magical, sign up for our current newsletter.
- Walt Disney World Cheap Food Guide
- Guide to Walt Disney World Transportation
- Meeting Characters in Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Hotel Reviews
- Guide to Disney Springs