With so many delicious treats, events, and decorations, Halloween is one of the best times to visit Walt Disney World Resort. There is so much to do and enjoy, but the hallmark experience is Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Special activities, treats, and characters make this Halloween Party one for the entire family to enjoy.
This is an event that sells out quickly, so if you'd like to go, it's important to plan ahead. Fortunately, our handy guide will provide you with everything you need to know to make the most of the party. Let's get started!
BEST DEAL ALERT Save when you bundle tickets + hotel. Book both your Walt Disney World hotel and tickets and save up to $50 per person. They guarantee the lowest prices through price match and provide 10/10 customer service. Book now >
Special Entertainment at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party features exclusive, themed events that you cannot experience anywhere else including a fireworks show, a parade, and special musical performances.
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Show
Watch as villains light up the night sky over Cinderella Castle and Main Street, USA. With colors, projections, and pyrotechnics, this is one fireworks show that you won't want to miss. Plus, you'll hear some of the most beloved “spooky” Disney songs of all time including “Poor Unfortunate Souls” from The Little Mermaid, “Never Smile at a Crocodile” from Peter Pan, and “Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?” from The Three Little Pigs.
The firework show typically kicks off at 10:15 PM during the party. It can get fairly congested, so you'll want to line up early for the best views.
Boo-to-You Halloween Parade
This parade is unlike any you've ever seen at Walt Disney World, as it features rare characters, music, dancing, and floats. You'll be greeted by the Headless Horseman himself who rides down the parade route, inviting costumed Disney characters and villains to follow including Mickey and Friends, the Hitchhiking Ghosts, Jack Sparrow, Winnie-the-Pooh, Wreck-it-Ralph, and more. One of the highlights of the parade comes from the Haunted Mansion Gravediggers, who scrape their shovels along the pavement to create beautiful sparks.
You can watch the parade at both 9:15 and 11:15 PM, choosing between viewing areas in Main Street, Liberty Square, and Frontierland.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spooktacular
Join the Sanderson Sisters from the cult classic film Hocus Pocus in their Halloween festival as they attempt to cast a spell over the audience with help from friends like Maleficent and Dr. Facilier. The whole family is sure to enjoy this event complete with music, dancers, and special effects.
Showtimes are offered at 8:15 PM, 10:45 PM, and 12:00 AM right in front of Cinderella Castle. The various showtimes will ensure you can work this frightfully fun event into your party plan.
The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet
Main Street favorites, The Dapper Dans, are ghoulishly transformed into The Cadaver Dans, and you'll find them performing haunting medleys throughout the party in Frontierland.
Monstrous Scream-o-Ween Ball Dance Party
Join all your friends from Monstropolis in a monster mash-type dance party. You'll find them in Tomorrowland at the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
Trick-or-Treating at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
If you have any food allergies, you can grab a specially-colored bag at either the Town Square Theater or Heritage House. You'll then collect tokens at each trick-or-treat location that can be redeemed for allergy-friendly treats later at special locations.
2019 Trick-or-Treat Locations
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Town Square Theater (Allergy-Friendly Center)
- Market Street (party entrance; open until 8 p.m.)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Jungle Cruise
- Splash Mountain
- Dock to Tom Sawyer Island
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Liberty Square Ticket Office (Allergy-Friendly Center)
- Columbia Harbour House
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Walt Disney World Railroad Station
- Ariel's Grotto
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Meet-and-Greets at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
During the party you'll have the opportunity to meet your favorite characters that are decked out for Halloween. Lines can get long, but many of the characters are rarely seen in the parks so it's a fantastic opportunity to meet characters that you wouldn't normally get to meet.
For the Halloween party you can find characters at these locations:
Main Street, USA
- Mickey Mouse
- Jack Skellington and Sally
- Anastasia and Drizella
- Seven Dwarfs
- Ariel and Eric
- Winnie-the-Pooh and friends in costumes
- Alice in Wonderland and friends
- Belle and Gaston
- Minnie Mouse in costume
- Goofy in costume
- Cruella de Vil
- Daisy and Donald in costumes
- Princess Elena
- Princess Tiana
- Stitch dressed in an Elvis costume.
- Tarzan and Jane
- Aladdin and friends
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Costumes at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Costumes are welcome and encouraged at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! There are some rules that you'll want to be aware of. Keep reading for the current guidelines.
Guests 13 and Under:
- Masks may be worn, as long as they do not cover the entire face and the eyes are visible.
Guests 14 and Up:
- Costumes may not touch the ground.
- Capes may be worn, but they cannot be longer than the wa.
- Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind are not allowed.
- Layered costumes are discouraged and may be subject to additional screening.
- Guests may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and must not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable, or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or may be easily mistaken as an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Disney deserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other guests.
Also, don't forget that it may be rainy or extremely not, so you may want to plan accordingly as you put together your costume.
Rides at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Do the rides stay open during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
Select rides in the Magic Kingdom remain open during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. You'll have full access to these rides during the Halloween party. Since it's a special event, that usually means shorter lines which is one of the major perks of attending. Also, many guests are focused on the candy and other entertainment options during the event. FastPass+ is not offered during the party but it's generally not needed sine the lines are shorter!
Here are the available rides:
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Be aware that some rides will close sporadically though, just as they do throughout regular operating hours.
New Ride Themes for 2019
New in 2019, delight in twists and treats at some beloved attractions!
- Discover a fresh spin on the Mad Tea Party, featuring new lighting and effects.
- On Pirates of the Caribbean, join some rookie pirates in their search for “Gunpowder Pete.”
- And on Space Mountain, hurtle through deep space with a new soundtrack.
Treats at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
The sweetest part of the night is undoubtedly the delicious seasonal treat offerings available to guests. There are several that are only available during the Halloween party. In 2017, these included the amazing chocolate Haunted Mansion portrait treats pictured above, Pumpkin Cheesecake Domes, white chocolate Jack Skellington desserts, pumpkin Mickey Waffle sundaes, Worms and Dirt Gravestones, Candy Corn Ice Cream, and special rice crispy treats and brownies.
Plus, participate in Dessert Parties if you'd like. Specific offerings change annually but there will be plenty of tasty options for even the pickiest of eaters! You'll find these at various locations throughout the park.
PhotoPass Magic Shots at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Exclusive hauntingly real PhotoPass Magic Shots will also be available in different locations throughout the park during the Halloween party. Some locations will even have special props to make the scenes even more interactive and realistically fun. If you want to take advantage of these, you may want to consider purchasing Memory Maker before the party. At $59 for one day, you'll receive unlimited downloads of PhotoPass shots and discounts on prints.
General Information About Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 Dates
Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween party will run from August 16th – November 1st, 2019, with the possibility of a few additional dates in late August or early November. The Halloween party takes place in the Magic Kingdom from 7:00 PM to Midnight.
The 2019 party takes place on the following dates:
- August – 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30
- September – 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27 and 29
- October – 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29 and 31
- November – 1
Adult tickets start at just over $79 for weeknight events and go up to $135 for busier dates and Halloween night. Children's tickets start at $74 and go up to $130 for busier dates and Halloween Night. Toddlers under 3 are free.
Prices will also vary based on event night, make sure to buy your tickets in advance to get the best deals. Tickets are always $10 more the day of the event.
As I previously mentioned, tickets can sell out very quickly so we recommend buying them as soon as they go on sale!
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is only one of many amazing special events at Walt Disney World Resort. For more information about all of these offerings and for help planning your dream vacation, you'll want subscribe to our newsletter. It is absolutely free and provides exclusive deals not available anywhere else!
You'll find more information on planning your Walt Disney World Vacation here:
- Discount Walt Disney World Tickets
- Walt Disney World Hotel Reviews
- Toy Story Land Opens Summer
- Disney World Character Dining Reviews
- Uber & Lyft at Walt Disney World
Thanks for joining us as we explore Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and Happy Halloween! For current showtimes, see official website.