The Hilton Anaheim is a contemporary-style hotel located just a block away from Disneyland right next to the Anaheim Convention Center. You might even have a view of Disneyland from your room! Our Hilton Anaheim review gives you an overview of the hotel room, distance to Disneyland plus the impressive list of amenities and on-site restaurants offered at this hotel.
Hilton Anaheim is a great choice for guests looking for a hotel with great amenities including a bar and a Starbucks on-site. And being just a walk away from Disneyland cannot be beat!
Booking Hilton Anaheim with Get Away Today
Get Away Today is one of Disney’s longest standing partners- they have worked with Disneyland for 30 years! Their customer service is superb and they offer extreme discounts on tickets — the Get Away Today reviews are consistently extremely positive.
I have been using Get Away Today for my Disneyland vacations long before I began writing for Mickey Visit and they still remain my go-to for planning my Disneyland vacations. Not only can you get the best deals on discount Disneyland tickets with Get Away Today you also have the opportunity to receive exclusive hotel perks at many of the great hotels close to Disneyland.
So if you plan on visiting Disneyland, I can’t stress enough how much money Get Away Today can save you. We are typically a family that travels on a budget and anywhere we can save money is always appreciated.
Hilton Anaheim Review 2024
Hilton Anaheim is a popular option for both families visiting Disneyland and guests visiting the Anaheim Convention Center. You might see large groups at this hotel depending on the convention center schedule. During our visit, there were two different events at the Anaheim Convention Center (VidCon and a dance competition) so the lobby was usually full of guests that were clearly there for those events. But due to the size of the Hilton Anaheim, which has about 1,500 rooms, this won’t impact your experience too much. If anything it was cute seeing all the kids dressed up in their costumes wandering the hotel lobby for their competition.
Check-in as at 4PM and check-out is 12PM. Hilton Anaheim offers a mobile check out so you do not have to visit the desk on your way out.
One downside of the Hilton Anaheim’s check-in process that can be rough for families traveling on a budget is the large hotel deposit, they will place a pending charge on your credit/debit card of $50 per night. If you do not use the room service, then the charge will be refunded once you check out if using a debit card. If using a credit card, the charge will simply appear as pending. Just something to keep in mind as this is not standard practice for many of the smaller owned hotels around Disneyland. Those that stay more often at corporate-owned hotels may find this more commonplace.
Due to the size of the Hilton Anaheim, you may be able to check in earlier when you arrive so it’s worth asking if you get there before the official check-in time.
Hilton Anaheim Room Review
The first thing that wowed me when I entered our room was the view of California Adventure! This was a huge perk during our stay. We left the curtains open and could just lay in bed looking at the lights of Pixar Pier, Cars Land, and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! This would be another room request you should opt for, try to get that theme park view.
The room itself was modern and clean with comfortable beds. My son and I both found the beds to be comfortable which can often be a challenge with hotels.
I also appreciated the multiple outlets around the room you could use which was a nice way to charge our phones and our Disneyland MagicBands!
Families with younger children will appreciate that this hotel has bathtubs which are becoming less common lately with new hotel renovations.
The bathroom also includes prefilled bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
One perk of the room I have to include in my Hilton Anaheim review is this is a hotel that has gone back to daily housekeeping. Many hotels since the pandemic have not brought this back which can be a hassle especially if you need clean towels or the garbage in your room emptied. While something like this used to be standard, nowadays it’s hard to come by so I was happy to see Hilton Anaheim has gone back to normal.
Each room comes equipped with a mini fridge and coffee maker. You can see some wear on the hotel rooms, especially on the furniture, but everything was clean and well kept.
One common complaint about the Hilton Anaheim is the potential for a long walk from your room to the elevator. In my case, I was fortunate enough to be given a room directly near the elevator so this wasn’t an issue. We have stayed at the Anaheim Marriott before which is right next to the Hilton Anaheim and offers a similar experience. I remember those long walks to the room well! If you stay at the Hilton Anaheim, I recommend you request a room near the elevator. It’s worth it.
Overall, I felt the room was spacious enough for a standard, two-queen sized bed room, and I also appreciated the extra space to fit suitcases as my family does not usually travel light. I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel room and laying in bed looking out at Disneyland was such a magical touch for an off-property hotel.
Hilton Anaheim Amenities
Since this is a hotel that also caters to business travelers and convention goers in addition to those visiting Disneyland, you will notice the larger lobby, dining options, and amenities that smaller hotels near Disneyland may not have. This is a nice perk for those that might want to take advantage of these during their stay or anyone who enjoys a full list of amenities during a hotel stay.
Their full list of amenities includes:
- Fitness Center
- Outdoor Pool
- Water Playground
- Two hot tubs
- On-Site Restaurants
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
The pool is the amenity most families will be interested in. The pool area is very spacious and includes a water playground/splash pad area for smaller kids to enjoy which is a nice feature that caters specifically to families. I think the biggest perk is this pool area has two hot tubs. I have stayed at many hotels where the hot tub is usually jam-packed with people so it’s nice to have two to allow for more space!
Since this is a hotel that also caters to business travelers, you may notice some of the amenities are a bit more upscale but not necessarily geared directly toward families. While you can definitely call Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa a luxurious hotel, the emphasis on families is very much front and center. You do not necessarily get this same atmosphere at the Hilton Anaheim. The lobby, bar, and restaurant were often very crowded but not always with families that were visiting Disneyland. It was definitely a mix of guests but we also visited during two large conventions that were not Disney-related so this experience will vary.
Hilton Anaheim Review Dining Options
Another area worth mentioning in our Hilton Anaheim review is the great on-site options for dining. This is one of the other great perks of the Hilton Anaheim as this is quite convenient. Dining options include:
- Mix Restaurant
- Hilton’s official restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Serving a variety of American food, tacos, pizza, and breakfast bowls.
- Mix Lounge
- The main bar/lounge is in the lobby.
- Pool Bar & Lounge
- The pool bar & lounge is open from May-September featuring cocktails and a menu featuring hamburgers, fries, etc.
- My favorite thing to have nearby when I’m staying at a hotel!
- The Food Court
- CRAVE pizza, Coastal Mexican Grill. The most affordable family dining options can be found here!
We noticed the options in the food court were most popular were families. While the on-site Starbucks is a huge perk, I did not get a chance to use it in the mornings before we headed to Disneyland since the line was even longer than it would be on the Main Street Starbucks. If you want to skip the line in the morning, arrive as early as possible. It will die down as the day goes on so if you’re a late riser, that might be in your favor.
The gift shop was fully stocked with snacks and drinks so there were plenty of options. There was also a huge selection of medicine which our family ended up needing on the trip so that was also welcome. Not all hotel gift shops are so prepared and it was great having that selection right there when we needed it. Plus the mornings I did not want to wait in line for Starbucks, I could grab a Starbucks coffee drink from the gift shop. Sounds like such a small thing to be impressed by but convenience is a great perk when you’re heading out to Disneyland for the day.
Should You Stay at Hilton Anaheim for Your Disneyland Trip?
Here are my overall pros/cons for our Hilton Anaheim review:
- Daily housekeeping. Our room was spotless and the housekeeping came daily which is a practice not all hotels have resumed since COVID.
- Comfortable beds. This is always a top priority when visiting Disneyland!
- The shower had great water pressure.
- The mini fridge in the room allows for easy storage of leftovers or food.
- The hotel felt extremely safe and secure.
- Great view of California Adventure and the pool from our room.
- Room service is available which is a great option if you need it at the last minute.
- Starbucks on-site which is a nice perk for the coffee fiends.
- Within walking distance to the parks as one of the best hotels within walking distance of Disneyland. Easily a 10-15 minute walk to the park depending on how fast you walk. There’s an ART bus stop right in front of the hotel if you do not wish to walk and a convenient pick up/drop off area for using rideshare. (Click here to see all hotels near Disneyland with shuttles.)
- Large room security deposit of $50 per night that will show up pending a credit card or a charge on a debit that won’t be removed until after your stay.
- Starbucks had extremely long lines in the morning so it wasn’t necessarily a time saver vs. getting a Starbucks at Disneyland.
- The hotel does have a corporate atmosphere which did not necessarily reflect the proximity to Disney that you may see at the on-property Disneyland hotels or even the Howard Johnson Anaheim which has Disney artwork in the rooms and halls. So in terms of a Disneyland trip, you won’t feel that atmosphere too much here but this is not always important to everyone.
- If there is a large convention taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center, you will see long waits for all the dining options in the hotel which may render them a bit useless in terms of grabbing a quick bite to eat.
- If you have a room far from the elevators, be prepared for a bit of a long walk to get to and from the lobby.
- Still a bit of a walk to the gates- at least 10-15 minutes. This might be a bit too far to walk for some families instead of staying across the street like at the Tropicana Inn & Suites.
Yes, the Hilton Anaheim is a great option to stay at for your Disneyland trip! The pros of this hotel near Disneyland are easily the full list of amenities including so much variety for on-site dining plus large, modern rooms. The main con of this hotel may be the proximity to the Anaheim Convention Center which may cause crowds in the dining and pool area depending on the convention taking place.
Overall, the close proximity to Disneyland and the great amenities make this hotel a great choice for your Disneyland trip.
Ready to Plan Your Trip to Disneyland?
Keep reading our blog to keep updated on everything you need to know to prepare for a Disney Parks vacation! We have a team of writers working hard to keep you updated weekly on events in the parks and tips for navigating the magic. Subscribe to our free deals newsletter to receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest-priced Disney tickets anywhere. You can find more information on planning your vacation here:
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.