Cambria Hotel & Suites Anaheim Review: New Waterpark Hotel Near Disneyland
For guests looking for an affordable stay near Disneyland with an abundance of amenities, the Cambria Hotel & Suites Anaheim is a great choice.
The Cambria Hotel & Suites offers a large pool area with water slides, basketball court, mini golf, yard games, free continental breakfast, on-site restaurant and bar plus a Disneyland view for select rooms.
Keep reading for my full Cambria Hotel & Suites review of this resort near Disneyland with full amenities.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Get your discount Disneyland tickets here through our exclusive link!
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read our editor’s review on her personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Cambria Hotel & Suites Anaheim Overview
Cambria Hotel & Suites Anaheim is one of the newer hotels and opened in January 2020. This hotel is becoming known for its full list of amenities like a 30,000 sq. ft. water park area, complimentary breakfast buffet, updated guest rooms and suites, a lobby bar, and full outdoor space.
Booking with Get Away Today
Get Away Today is one of Disney’s longest standing partners- they have worked with Disneyland for 30 years! Their customer service is superb and they offer extreme discounts on tickets — the Get Away Today reviews are consistently extremely positive.
I have been using Get Away Today for my Disneyland vacations long before I began writing for Mickey Visit and they still remain my go to for planning my Disneyland vacations. Not only can you get the best deals on discount Disneyland tickets with Get Away Today you also have the opportunity to receive exclusive hotel perks at many of the great hotels close to Disneyland.
When it came to staying at the Cambria Hotel & Suites, using Get Away Today was a big perk since booking with them we were able to get free waterpark access with our stay which is normally NOT included with a standard room and is only included with suites. If you need to park you will also receive parking for $15 per night instead of $25 per night by booking with Get Away Today.
Disneyland Cambria Hotel & Suites Room Tour
We stayed in a two queen bed standard sized room during our stay on the top floor of the Cambria Hotel & Suites. There were plenty of modern touches in the hotel room plus two showers in the bathroom which was a great touch for a standard sized room.
Overall, for two people the standard size room felt like plenty of space although I did miss the convenience of having a dresser to utilize if I needed it for extra storage. I could see this space feeling crowded if you began to add additional kids so larger families may feel more comfortable in a suite! For just two people, this felt like a good fit for us and my favorite part was having two showers in the bathroom. This is not something you see often in a standard sized room and made getting ready in the mornings so convenient as we did not have to share shower space.
Cambria Hotel & Suites Amenities
We didn’t get a chance to enjoy all the amenities during our stay as we were too focused on enjoying Halloween at Disneyland! But we did take advantage of the free breakfast each morning. The breakfast was extremely popular and was usually crowded. I imagine if you wake up earlier, your chances of crowds are a bit less. We often were grabbing something quick around 7:30-8AM and that seemed to be a popular time. The lines for the waffle maker were often the longest so we skipped that and just grabbed cold items like fruit, cereal or breakfast muffins.
The pool area features two pools, two water slides, a splash pad and a hot tub. Some guests may not count this as a full waterpark, especially if you try to compare it to a hotel like the Great Wolf Lodge, but for a neighborhood hotel near Disneyland we were impressed by the pool area. There was enough space to find something to do even if it was crowded. It was a great balance of water features for kids of all ages between the splash pad for littles ones and the water slides for older kids and teens.
One rule with the outdoor activity space is that your teen needs to be 14 and older to be allowed outside without parental supervision. So just something to keep in mind if you have tweens/younger teens and they want to go play basketball by themselves while you’re inside the hotel lobby. A parent needs to be outside with them if they’re under the age of 14.
The hotel also includes the option to watch movies by the pool with a poolside bar and an indoor lounge and restaurant. If you prefer eating outside the hotel the Cambria Hotel & Suites is located conveniently by a number of restaurants including Habit Burger Grill, California Fish Grill, Starbucks, Jersey Mike’s, Yogurtland, Ono Hawaiian BBQ and Luna Grill. I loved having a Starbucks nearby so I could grab my coffee there and avoid the longer lines inside the park! This Starbucks also offered mobile order which was really convenient. I would place my mobile order before we walked over (it was usually pretty busy but not as bad as Disneyland’s!) and by the time we arrived my order would be ready.
Pros for Cambria Hotel & Suites
- New hotel. The hotel opened in 2020 so it’s still looking fresh and not as outdated as some of the other off-site options
- Friendly staff. Everyone we encountered was friendly and nice.
- Comfortable beds. This is always a must when visiting Disneyland.
- Great water pressure in the showers! The bathroom was great all around. Having two showers was an amazing pro for a standard sized room.
- Fridge in the room allows for easy storing of leftovers or food plus a microwave to re-heat leftovers.
- Affordable price for a standard sized room, felt higher quality than what it was priced at!
- Plenty of fast food options nearby for breakfast or other meals. I really appreciated having a Starbucks steps away!
- Suites available for larger groups which include bunk beds.
- Free breakfast was a big plus even if some mornings we just popped in for a bowl of cereal and orange juice. It saved us the cost of a grocery order!
- Great outdoor amenities, the two slides near the pool are a great perk kids will love. My son was overly excited by the amenities you don’t see as often at a hotel such as the basketball court, ping pong table and mini golf hole.
- Starbucks right next door- this is a huge plus for the coffee nuts!
Cons for Cambria Hotel & Suites
- The biggest downside of this hotel is the distance from Disneyland. It’s about a 20 minute walk which is a far distance especially after a long day in the parks or if you have small kids.
- There is an ART bus stop right by the hotel but I found it more convenient to take Uber/Lyft to/from the parks when we didn’t feel like walking. If this is something you know you will use, I would factor that cost in. It was about a $7-10 cost each way depending on the time of day we needed one.
- There was no housekeeping during our stay which is a con that I hope they rectify soon. If we wanted more towels or supplies for the coffee maker we had to ask which was a hassle. It was inconvenient to not have someone emptying the trash, cleaning up the room, etc. When we left in the mornings for the parks there was usually a line at the desk so I didn’t want to stop to ask for more coffee or supplies. I often forgot then to ask for more supplies.
- The free breakfast was crowded with lines for the waffle makers and hot food options so allow more time to account for this unless you grab fruit, pastries, cereal, etc.
- During our stay we noticed a few youth groups/sports groups staying at the hotel. This makes sense because of its large size and considerable amenities but something to keep in mind if you prefer to avoid group trip crowds at your hotel.
- The on-site store was limited for food options as it mostly just had candy or bags of chips.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Cambria Hotel & Suites. My son loved the hotel and was not bothered by any of the cons I listed above which is likely to be true of most kids and teens. They will see all the amenities offered and be thrilled. For me, the main downside is the distance but I prefer to be within walking distance to the parks rather than rely on rideshare or the ART bus. My favorite hotel within walking distance is the Tropicana Inn & Suites right across the street from the park entrance which does not have close to the amenities of the Cambria but has the convenience of a short walk. Or if I’m feeling fancy, it’s hard to not be impressed by a stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa which is easily my favorite hotel if it’s within the budget for that trip. If you don’t mind walking though then this shouldn’t be an issue! And for a newer hotel, it’s a great addition to the Good Neighbor Disneyland hotels. If you’re looking for a hotel with considerable amenities for a reasonable price then this is a perfect choice as they went above and beyond with plenty to offer for hotel guests.
Let Us Help Plan Your Disneyland Trip Today!
Did reading our Tropicana Inn & Suites Hotel review get you excited to visit Disneyland? Let us help you plan your Disneyland vacation! To get started, subscribe to our FREE deals newsletter for access to exclusive content and deals you won’t find anywhere else. Check it out HERE! Don’t forget to check out some of our other helpful planning guides:
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.
Helpful review! Love that theme park view.