As San Fransokyo Square construction continues through the end of August, the reimagined dining area based on the fictional combination of San Francisco and Tokyo from the Big Hero 6 movie will be offering guests a taste of brand new food items in phases, starting mid-July. In addition to current favorites from Lucky Fortune Cookery and Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, the area will feature brand new food and drink items inspired by Big Hero 6.
The new offerings will begin with Lucky Fortune Cookery on July 19, and more options from Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, Rita’s Turbine Blenders, Aunt Cass Café, and Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería will be released in the following weeks as San Fransokyo’s construction is completed.
New dining locations inspired by the Big Hero 6 movie include Aunt Cass Café, offering soup bowls and dishes inspired by Japanese cuisine, Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería offering Karl Strauss beer, and Rita’s Turbine Blenders offering margaritas and other cold beverages, which you can read more details about in our guide to Big Hero 6 San Fransokyo Coming to California Adventure.
Disney has shared a glimpse of these new foods from San Fransokyo Square that guests will soon be able to enjoy and we have the opportunity to try some of the new foods. Keep reading for more information on these new offerings and a sneak-peek of what to expect!
New Foods At San Fransokyo Square This Summer
San Fransokyo Square will offer guests a wide selection of new food and drink items to enjoy. You can check out the menu for a description of these offerings that will become available to guests starting this summer! Many will offer Disneyland Mobile Order. These foods are just one of the highlights of this new Disneyland addition.
I recently had the opportunity to join Disney to sample some of the new foods at a media preview of San Fransokyo Square. We had a broad sampling of the various dishes that are described below. Most of the time we had smaller sampler sizes but sometimes, like in the case of the Baymax Macaron, we had the full-sized version of the foods. The foods debuting in the new land highlight a variety of flavors inspired by Asian cultures. The existing Mexican restaurant is also still present with a new menu item, a Street Corn with Japanese influences. With the new foods, they built on the already familiar favorites offered in Pacific Wharf at Disney California Adventure.
The new offerings continue to up the food game of the offerings in Disney California Adventure which always has the more boundary-pushing food items when compared to Disneyland Park next door. The same team that put together this menu is responsible for the popular Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival offerings and the Lamplight Lounge.
My favorite food items that tried today were the Karaage-inspired Crispy Chicken Sandwich wich has a tangy slaw on top and the Curry Beef which is topped with a pickled ginger. These dishes tasted fresh and playfully combined a set of different flavors.
Though it may be popular coming up, the Soba Noodle Salad with Tofu was not my favorite offering but might be a good vegetarian offering. I liked the topping on the noodles but would have far preferred lettuce underneath. Sadly it looks like this will replace my Asian Chicken Salad which was a great healthy option in the Pacific Wharf area.
We also tried the garlic chips which are good and served with a couple of entrees in the land, but really like biting into flavored air. Not to be confused with the garlic pinwheel chips which are slightly more satisfying though also light.
The Japanese Cheesecake was light and airy rather than a denser New York-style cheesecake. I like the dish.
Lastly, the Baymax Macaron (seen in the featured image) was a great addition to the Macaron offerings. Disney California Adventure hasn’t had a macaron other than in their festivals. This is a nice addition and it is chocolate rather than fruit filled.
Below are the two new signature drinks that are being added to San Fransokyo Square. Seen here is the Lychee Tea and the Thai Tea with boba. Though I typically avoid a completely sweet drink like this, tea and sugared-up Starbucks drink lovers will jump for these. Even I have to admit I enjoyed the boba taste for a couple of sips.
Overall, I was very pleased with the new food additions coming to San Fransokyo. The chicken sandwich will be a new favorite option and spot I recommend. It took me back to Homecomin’ Kitchen at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World where I really enjoyed Chef Art Smith’s sandwiches. It appears that save for a few losses, our favorites are sticking around or being improved.
Some items that I expect will be popular that we didn’t get to try include the new Caramel Cold Brew offering and the Beef Birria Ramen.
Below you’ll find the new menus for the San Fransokyo offerings that will debut throughout the summer.
Lucky Fortune Cookery (Available starting July 19; mobile order available)
New Food Items
- Karaage-inspired Crispy Chicken Sandwich with slaw, and Togarashi mayonnaise on a potato bun served with garlic chips (New)
Beef Birria Ramen with consomé, served with house-made birria, soft boiled egg, Monterey Jack, cilantro, roasted corn, onions, and radish (New)
- Yaki Udon with mushrooms, sugar snap peas, roasted red peppers, bok choy, and dark soy and hoisin sauces (New) (Plant-based)
- Yaki Udon with Karaage-inspired Chicken with mushrooms, sugar snap peas, roasted red peppers, bok choy, and dark soy and hoisin sauces (New)
- Baymax Macaron filled with chocolate-hazelnut spread and buttercream (New)
- Pork Wonton Nachos: Hoisin-glazed pork, cheese sauce, spicy aïoli, pickled cabbage, jalapeños, and toasted sesame seeds
- Teriyaki Chicken with sautéed vegetables and steamed rice
- Beef Bulgogi Burrito with seasoned rice, cabbage slaw, and garlic chips
- Pot Stickers: Crispy vegetable and chicken pot stickers
- Teriyaki Chicken with sautéed vegetables and steamed rice
- Chicken and Rice with vegetables and steamed rice (Disney Check Meal)
- Yaki Udon with mushrooms, sugar snap peas, bok choy, dark soy sauce, and hoisin sauce (New) (Plant-based)
- Lychee Tea: Gold Peak Unsweetened Black Tea and premium lychee syrup with lychee coconut jelly (Non-alcoholic) (New)
- Thai Tea with sea salt cream and brown sugar boba (Non-alcoholic)
- Hot Green Tea (Non-alcoholic)
- Bottle Logic Hanamachi: Japanese Rice Lager
- Strawberry Lychee Cocktail: Vodka, lychee liqueur, premium strawberry syrup, and fresh lemon juice with sliced strawberry garnish (New)
Coming Soon! Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (Available starting July 26; mobile order available)
- San Fransokyo-style Street Corn with Togarashi mayonnaise, queso fresco, furikake, and bonito flakes served with wheat chicharrones (New)
- QuesaBirria Street-style Tacos: Braised beef and cheese tacos with tomatillo salsa and consomé
- Carne Asada Street-style Tacos: Citrus-marinated grilled steak tacos with crushed avocados and fuego salsa
- Al Pastor Street-style Tacos: Pineapple-achiote marinated pork tacos with crushed avocados and jalapeño-garlic salsa
- Pollo Asado Street-style Tacos: Achiote-marinated grilled chicken tacos with crushed avocados and fuego salsa
- Tacos Dorados de Papa: Crispy potato tacos topped with cabbage slaw, crema, and tomatillo salsa (Plant-based)
- Frijoles Charros: Chorizo and bacon stewed pinto beans
- Lime-Cilantro Rice
- Carne Asada Taco
- Pollo Asado Taco
- Horchata Agua Fresca: House-made rice and cinnamon beverage (Non-alcoholic)
- Melon Cocktail: Tequila, melon liqueur, fresh lemon juice, and orgeat topped with a cherry (New)
- Lime Margarita
- Bootlegger’s Cocina Cuca-Mango: Mango-flavored Hazy IPA
- Modelo Especial
- Citrus Michelada with Bootlegger’s IPA
- Citrus Michelada with Modelo Especial
Coming Soon! Rita’s Turbine Blenders (Available starting July 26; mobile order available)
- Turbine Twirler with choice of frozen wild cherry, frozen lemon-lime, frozen strawberry, or frozen blue raspberry slushy topped with peach gummy ring (Non-alcoholic) (New)
- Rita’s Lemon-Lime Margarita with strawberry cream-covered cocoa biscuit stick (New)
- Rita’s Grand Lemon-Lime Margarita with a splash of liqueur and strawberry cream-covered cocoa biscuit stick (New)
- Rita’s Strawberry Margarita with strawberry cream-covered cocoa biscuit stick (New)
- Rita’s Grand Strawberry Margarita with a splash of liqueur and strawberry cream-covered cocoa biscuit stick (New)
Coming Soon! New Aunt Cass Café at San Fransokyo Square (Mobile order available)
- Curry Beef: Beef, carrots, potatoes, and onions cooked in classic curry topped with rice, pickled ginger, and green onions served in a Boudin sourdough bread bowl (New)
- San Fransokyo Clam Chowder: Creamy clam chowder with bacon, potatoes, and a hint of white miso served in a Boudin sourdough bread bowl (New)
- Mac & Cheese
- Soba Noodle Salad with tofu, cabbage, edamame, carrots, roasted corn, scallions, and cilantro topped with crispy shallots and sesame ginger dressing (New) (Plant-based)
- Chilled Shrimp Soba Noodle Salad with tofu, cabbage, edamame, carrots, roasted corn, scallions, and cilantro topped with crispy shallots and sesame ginger dressing
- Japanese-style Fluffy Cheesecake (New)
- Shrimp Katsu Sandwich: Panko-breaded shrimp patty on a potato bun with cabbage slaw, spicy mayo, and katsu sauce served with garlic chips (New)
- Turkey Pesto Club: Roasted turkey breast, pesto aїoli, havarti, bacon, arugula and tomato on herb focaccia served with potato chips
- Steamed Rice (New)
- Boudin Sourdough Loaf, Round or Baguette (Plant-based)
- Turkey Sandwich (Disney Check Meal)
- Mac & Cheese
- Honey Lemon-Ade: Minute Maid Lemonade Zero Sugar and yuzu purée with passion fruit and strawberry popping spheres (Non-alcoholic) (New)
- Specialty Caramel Cream Cold Brew: Joffrey’s Coffee Caramel Mudslide Cold Brew topped with house-made sea salt caramel whipped cream (Non-alcoholic) (New)
- Peach Soju Citrus Cocktail: Citrus beverage with peach-flavored soju (New)
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company, 805
Coming Soon! Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería (Mobile order available)
- Garlic Pinwheel Chips Mix (New)
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Endless Summer Hard Seltzer: Mandarin Orange & Dragon Fruit (New)
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Moment of Zen: Japanese Rice Lager (New)
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Follow the Sun Blonde Ale
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Windansea Wheat Ale
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Red Trolley Ale
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Boat Shoes Hazy IPA
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Aurora Hoppyalis IPA
Coming Soon! New Baymax Sipper at Multiple Locations in San Fransokyo Square
Baymax Sipper: Includes choice of fountain beverage at time of purchase (Limit two per person, per transaction; no discounts apply); Will be available at the following:
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Aunt Cass Café
Be sure to explore these food offerings as they become available this summer during the final months of San Fransokyo’s construction!
Plan Your Disney Vacation Today!
To get started planning your Disney vacation and visit the new San Fransokyo Square, make sure you subscribe to our FREE Deals newsletter
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.