David’s Vacation Club Rentals is a legit way to rent Disney Vacation Club points. This is a great option to score legit Walt Disney World deluxe resort vacations at a fraction of the cost. This is also a great way to test joining the Disney Vacation Club program.
This is where David’s Vacation Club Rentals comes into play! With so many different Disney Vacation Club rental companies out there, you might ask yourself, is David’s Rentals legit? Lucky for you, we’ve got the answer to that important question!
Whether you’re looking to rent DVC points to book that next Disney vacation or are interested in renting a confirmed reservation, we’ll cover it all. So, keep reading to determine if David’s Vacation Club Rentals is a legitimate option for your next Disney trip!
David’s Vacation Club Rentals: Legit or not?
We’re going to jump right into it and answer this question. Is David’s Rentals legit? The easy and resounding answer here is YES!
Trust us, we know that there are a ton of companies out there who all claim to be the best. Most confusing is that some do this while others do that. It’s hard to keep it all straight! However, when it comes to planning your accommodations for your next Disney vacation, we know you want to feel safe and secure. With a lot of fishy behavior out there, the last thing you want is to show up, bags in hand, to your resort and find out your reservation doesn’t exist (GASP)!
That’s why we’ve partnered with David’s Vacation Club Rentals to bring you a legit and trusted option for you to plan your next Disney vacation. Plus, it’s an option that’ll save you lots of money! With years of experience, David’s Rentals is a wonderful company with a great reputation that will put your mind at ease.
Take a look at our guide to renting Disney Vacation Club points.
We’re going to cover all of David’s services, but before we do so if you’re curious to learn more about the Disney Vacation Club, be sure to check out our guide here! And while you’re over there, we’d also recommend our guide on how many points to rent. Between these two guides, you’ll be in great shape when thinking about your next DVC rental! Read our comparison of David’s Vacation Rentals vs the other major Disney Vacation Club renter – DVC Rental Store.
David’s Vacation Club Rentals: Overview
To give a very quick and brief summary, the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) is a timeshare program where you can buy ‘points’ at one of the Disney deluxe resorts and use these points toward deluxe villa accommodations. That’s a general explanation, but it’s enough for us to dive into exploring David’s Vacation Club Rentals. The perk of the DVC program is that you can enjoy the deluxe villa accommodations at a fraction of the cost. Think to stay at The Grand Floridian for the price of staying at Coronado Springs! The DVC membership is large and every year thousands of DVC members enjoy some amazing accommodations without paying top dollar!
However, as we said above, not everyone is ready to either pay the upfront cost of a DVC membership or commit to regular Disney vacations. You might think you’re out of luck, but fret not! Luckily, with legit companies like David’s Vacation Club Rentals, you can enjoy these same perks and benefits a regular DVC member would by renting points! That’s right. You read that correctly. You can rent DVC points to use just like a full member would! The best part, you’d still end up saving money! It often happens that DVC owners cannot use the points they’ve purchased. Rather than lose them altogether, they partner with a company like David’s and use their help to rent out their extra points. That’s where you come in!
Ready to learn more about David’s Rentals? Let’s break down their services!
David’s Vacation Club Rentals: Services
David’s Vacation Club Rentals is a legit company with thousands of happy customers throughout its established presence as one of the top leaders in DVC rentals. With over 17 years under their belt, they understand all things DVC. More importantly, however, they understand the needs of someone who may not totally understand the rental process. This is where they really shine. The team at David’s will take care of everything for you so that you don’t have to worry about a thing! With that said, let’s take a look at their services.
The core of David’s Rentals is in the name itself. They specialize in offering customers the opportunity to rent DVC points that fit the bill for whatever you’re looking for. You might be a couple looking for a deluxe studio or a family of 10 looking for that over-the-top grand villa! No matter the size, David’s can help you find the perfect accommodation for your next trip. Let’s break down how it all works.
- When and Where The first thing you need to determine is when you’d like to travel to any of the DVC resorts and where you’d like to stay. If you want to know more about all of the resorts, take a look at our Disney Vacation Club resort rankings here! You’ll also want to determine the size of the accommodation you need. Depending on the resort, you could be looking into a studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, or 3-bedroom grand villa. (And see the points charts here.)
- How Many Points Once you’ve determined the when and where you’ll want to look at how many points you need. Fortunately, David’s has a convenient calculator on their site that can do all of the math for you!
- Complete the Online Reservation Form Now you’re ready to submit your formal request! We say ‘request’ because at this point David’s isn’t able to confirm your reservation just yet. When submitting this form, you’ll need to indicate:
- Dates of Travel
- Resort and Accommodation Choice
- The Details of Your Party
- A partial payment of $105. This deposit is refundable if David’s can’t confirm your reservation, usually within 24 hours.
- Email Confirmation
- If your reservation can be confirmed, you will receive your official confirmation number along with the details to view your reservation online. You will then be instructed to pay your remaining balance in full.
- If your reservation cannot be confirmed, David’s will give you a similar option to consider. If they aren’t quite what you had in mind, you will be refunded your $105 deposit.
- My Disney Experience Just like all Disney resort reservations, you’ll be able to see your reservation under your My Disney Experience portal online! This is where you’ll be able to make your Advanced Dining Reservations (ADR). You also will receive the usual Magic Bands! You simply pick them up upon check-in at the resort.
That’s it! It really is that simple. Again, you’ll enjoy the same benefits that DVC members do, including the option to pool hop!
Another option that David’s offers is the opportunity to select a confirmed reservation. What this simply means is that David’s also has reservations, with specific dates, ready to go at a flat rate price. Confirmed reservations are a ‘what you see is what you get’ approach.
This means you don’t have to wait to get confirmation as they are already pre-booked reservations. Inventory changes daily and you can see them all here!
David’s Vacation Club Rentals: Cost
Since you’re renting DVC points, the cost of your rental will be based on a price-per-point basis. This means that a few factors will come into play when determining the overall cost of your reservation.
David’s current pricing model is as follows:
Pay only $21.00 per point for all stays booked within 7 months of arrival or at NON PREMIUM resorts for arrivals beyond 7 months. Pay only $23.00 per point for all arrivals beyond 7 months at PREMIUM resorts.
As you can see, the price per point will fluctuate depending on the resort where you stay and when your trip occurs.
Premium Resorts are considered to be:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney’s Aulani Resort and Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
So, for the resorts above, you’ll pay $21 per point if you book within 7 months of arrival or $23 if you book beyond 7 months. For all other resorts, you’ll pay $21 per point. Now, this might seem hard to grasp, but as an example, let’s look at total possible savings.
If you were to book a 1-bedroom villa direct from Disney around Christmas, you could end up paying around $6,653(!). But, if you book through David’s, this same accommodation could end up costing you only $2,139-a total savings of $4,515!
David’s Vacation Club Rentals: Final Thoughts
Are you still wondering if David’s Rentals is Legit? With savings like what we see above and their excellent reputation, the proof is in the pudding! All jokes aside, however, hopefully, this gave you a good overview of what David’s Vacation Club Rentals can do for you. They are an excellent, and trusted, partner whom you can trust. Again, you have plenty of options out there who all brag to be the best, but you can’t go wrong with David’s. It should also be said that often David’s has some of the lowest prices around. So, if you’re looking to save money they are certainly worth a shot!
Let us help you plan your next Disney vacation!
Our team can help you put together the perfect vacation for your family! We are committed to finding you the best deals around so you don’t have to worry about finding a lower price somewhere else. Tell us what you’re dreaming about and we can put together a FREE QUOTE that will have you packing your bags in no time! Plus, don’t forget about our free newsletter that can deliver these tips straight to your inbox! Curious to learn more? Check out these other guides!
- DVC “Use Year” Explained – 2023 FAQ for Disney Vacation Club Buyers
- Owner’s Lockers: A DVC Owner’s Best Kept Secret
- Buying DVC Direct vs Resale: Member Benefits and more!
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Review DVC Villas Jambo House PLUS Money Saving Hack for Deluxe Resorts
- Disney Beach Club Resort Review- Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.