Best Tips for Visiting Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World- New Restaurant Opening Soon!
Toy Story Land in Disney's Hollywood Studios is a popular area of Walt Disney World and a must see on your trip. When you enter Toy Story Land you'll be shrunk down to the size of a toy and you will be surrounded in a toy-filled setting. You can explore the whole land including a lunch box, a flying saucer toy set, and more. There are hundreds of toys to find in Andy's backyard.
Guests can hop on to Slinky's Dog Dash, take a ride on the Alien Swirling Saucers, or experience the classic Toy Story Mania from a new entrance that will open into Toy Story Land, then grab a bite to eat at Woody's Lunch Box.Here's everything you need to know about Toy Story Land:
Our guide has you covered on how to score your FastPass+ for the rides, what treats to enjoy, and all you can experience at Toy Story Land!
Discount Walt Disney World Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Walt Disney World discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your dining reservations, FastPass+ reservations, and more! This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
Find discount Walt Disney World tickets here!
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Roundup Rodeo BBQ Menu Revealed
The long anticipated Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land in Disney's Hollywood Studios has an opening date PLUS we received a menu reveal. This new restaurant opens on March 23rd 2023.
The new Toy Story Land Roundup Rodeo BBQ is NOW open at Walt Disney World. The Disney website shares that you can check back on that date for information on how to make reservations. No details have been released yet on if this new restaurant will offer a walkup list. Click here for tips on making difficult Walt Disney World restaurant reservations.
The theme of this restaurant is one that Andy has created to make a new rodeo arena using his favorite games and play sets. Once inside guests will be surrounded by rodeo themed action along with feeling like they have shrunk down to a toy themselves. We have all the information on the menu below:
- Prospector’s Homemade Cheddar Biscuits served with sweet pepper jelly.
- Tomato Salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled red onions tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with fresh dill (plant-based)
- Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad: Romaine and kale mixed with green apples, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries tossed with green goddess dressing
- Watermelon Salad: Cubed watermelon garnished with freshly torn mint leaves (plant-based)
- Evil Dr. Smoked Ribs: Fall-off-the-bone pork ribs, slow-cooked for hours in our onsite smokehouse
- Buttercup’s Beef Brisket: Hand-sliced beef brisket, smoked then slow-cooked to juicy perfection
- There’s a Sausage in My Boot: Spiced pork sausage fire-grilled over live oak to give it an added kick
- BBQ Chicken – with Style! Chicken brined for 48 hours, rubbed with our secret backyard BBQ spice and smoked to tender juiciness
- Slow-smoked Cauliflower topped with sweet harissa drizzle and crunchy walnut gremolata
- Oven-roasted “Bratwurst” that is tender and juicy, sliced to perfection
- Impossible “Rib Chop” seasoned with spices, then roasted and glazed with sweet BBQ sauce and skewered on a sugar cane “bone”
All entreés served with an assortment of sweet, traditional, and spicy BBQ sauces.
Choose four of the following sides for the table:
- The Married Spuds: Loaded potato barrels drizzled with green goddess dressing, cheese sauce, and seasoned BBQ spices
- Force Field Fried Pickles: Jumbo pickle spears coated with a dill-flavored breading and fried to perfection
- Slinky Doooooooooog Mac & Cheese: Spiral pasta in a creamy house-made cheese sauce topped with crumbled cheddar crackers
- Buckin’ Baked Beans: A traditional BBQ picnic favorite (plant-based)
- Cowpoke Corn on the Cob: Grilled and seasoned with a chili-lime spice blend, cilantro, cotija cheese, and lime juice
- Mean Old Potato Salad: Homestyle with red-skinned potatoes
- Veggie Slaw: Crunchy shredded veggie slaw that is a summertime favorite! (plant-based)
- Campfire-roasted Vegetables: A variety of roasted seasonal vegetables (plant-based)
These perfectly portioned chuckwagon desserts offer a sweet take on the BBQ picnic classics.
Choose from a selection for the table:
- Cupcake à la Forky: Forky is up to something sweet! A classic chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate ganache center topped with velvety graham cracker buttercream and a sugar cookie
- Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake: An iconic creamy dessert that balances the tanginess of the cheesecake with the natural sweetness of blueberries and lemon
- Billy’s Chocolate Silk Pie: Layers of graham cracker crust and silky chocolate mousse topped with chantilly cream
- Goat’s Apple Pie: A picnic classic! Tart apples and warm pie spices balance perfectly with the creamy sweet filling under a crumble crust
- Gruff’s Peach-Strawberry Pie: With its silky sweet peaches and tartness of strawberries, this dessert is a fruit-centric delight! (plant-based)
An assortment of craft cocktails and nonalcoholic beverages will have you feeling nostalgic for backyard picnics on warm summer days.
Grown-up Craft Cocktails:
- Snake Eye Margarita: Inspired by a summertime BBQ featuring watermelon, smoke, and a bit of spice!
- Rum Punch: Rum punch with vibrant flavors of passion fruit and pineapple finished with a smoky spiced garnish
- Chocolate with a Grown-up Twist: A blend of chocolate rum, horchata liqueur, cocoa, and flavors of toasted marshmallow
- Frozen Peanut Butter & Jelly: A fun frozen twist on the classic peanut butter & jelly featuring peanut butter whiskey
- Whiskey Lemonade: A fresh take on a strawberry lemonade made with Tennessee whiskey and Italian bitter aperitif
- The Rodeo Mule: A classic “patio sipper,” this mule mixes vodka with fresh juices and ginger beer
A selection of beer, hard cider, and wines by the glass are available.
- Molly’s Frozen Iced Tea: A frosty concoction with iced tea and citrus flavors
- Frozen Cocoa: A frozen blend of cocoa and vanilla topped with miniature marshmallows
- Partysaurus Tex: Strawberry lemonade is even more fun when you garnish it with gummy worms!
Check back soon for more information on how to book your reservation!
Walt Disney World Toy Story Land Rides
It's best to start with the rides because some of the best rides at Disney's Hollywood Studios can be found in Toy Story Land!
Slinky Dog Dash Roller Coaster
This family friendly coaster lets you ride Slinky Dog as he twists around curves, hills, and drops around Toy Story Land. The story behind the ride tells us that Andy has assembled his toy Mega Coaster Play Kit, and Slinky is riding the coaster atop it. Riders will sit in car trains designed to look like a part of Slinky's body.
For our full 1-day itinerary for Hollywood Studios, click here.
The attraction has a 38″ height requirement and is similar in intensity to other Disney rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad although it does have a few moments where it goes high in the air.
This is easily the most popular ride in Toy Story Land and one of the best in Hollywood Studios. Genie+ reservations will go QUICK for this ride and consistently has an hour wait or more in the standby line throughout the day.
Alien Swirling Saucers
Hop on to an Alien Swirling Saucer for a ride that'll spin around in circular movements and make figure eights throughout the attraction area.
The ride is designed to be a play set that Andy wins at Pizza Planet. The famed green Aliens from Toy Story power up their flying saucers and take riders into space. The ride is set to electronic space music to give the ride an intergalactic feel. Disney also said that riders could be “chosen” by the famed Claw from the original Toy Story movie.
The ride has a 32″ height requirement and is similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree from Cars Land.
Toy Story Mania
Toy Story Midway Mania is a 4D carnival ride where guests can play a Toy Story game to win points and compete for the best score. The ride takes guests through a variety of virtual carnival games inspired by the Toy Story franchise, such as Woody's Rootin' Tootin' Shootin' Gallery, where guests shoot at mine carts using virtual darts. Any height can ride!
Tips and Tricks for the Rides
When it comes to securing a Genie+ for Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land there is a bit of strategy involved. I would recommend reserving a Genie+ reservation for Slinky Dog Dash as soon as you're able as this is easily one of the most popular attractions in Hollywood Studios!
Arrive early at the gates prior to opening and head straight to Toy Story Midway Mania! to ride first using standby and save Genie+ for Slinky Dog Dash. Alien Swirling Saucers usually has a lower wait in the morning so you can ride that after Toy Story Midway Mania!
You can read more about Genie+ at Disney World in our guide here.
Entertainment at Toy Story Land
You can find plenty of characters to meet at Toy Story Land from all your favorite Toy Story movies. The three most dependable meet and greets at Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Jessie. This summer Bo Peep from Toy Story 4 also made appearance.
Little Green Solider Men and Women roam the land and if you're lucky you can catch a photograph with these funny characters.
You can also keep your eye out for future Disney After Hours events at Disney's Hollywood Studios. For an extra cost, guests can enter the parks after closing and experience the rides and characters with little to no wait. All of Toy Story Land is open during these events so it's a great time to experience the land with no waits if you're a big Toy Story fan!
Another option to enjoy early access to Slinky Dog Dash is to take advantage of the Walt Disney World Early Theme Park Entry offered to official hotel guests. Read our guide for all details.
Dining at Toy Story Land
Currently there is one dining location inside Toy Story Land called Woody's Lunch Box until Roundup Rodeo BBQ opens on March 23rd.
Woody's Lunch Box is designed to look like a lunch box propped open by a thermos, this dining location in Toy Story Land has a walk-up window for guests to grab a bite to eat.
Woody's Lunch Box offers traditional American fare with a Toy Story twist, with offerings like old-fashioned soda floats and grilled cheese sandwiches. They'll also have a S'more French Toast Breakfast Sandwich, and Totchos (tater tots and corn chips covered in cheese and chili).
Guests can also get an Alien sipper, which features a large cup with a green alien and the Claw inside of it.
This quick-service restaurant offers a variety of American and classic food inspired by Toy Story. Make sure to try the Lunch Box Tart which is a fan favorite at the land! It's like a giant poptart and they're delicious.
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
Be sure to subscribe to our Disney deals newsletter for all of the latest information on deals and saving tips to help you save money and experience more! Sign up HERE. Also, be sure to join us on our Facebook page for Disneyland and Disney World planning tips and info.
- Attraction Guide to Walt Disney World’s: Epcot
- Eight Classic Rides in Magic Kingdom That You Can’t Miss!
- Walt Disney World Planning Guide: Experience More, Save Money at Disney
- Rain at Walt Disney World: Tips for Staying Dry and Having a Magical Time
- Dietary Constraints and Healthy Food Options at Walt Disney World
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.