A Disneyland Mother's Day celebration is one of the best ways to celebrate the mom's in your life! What mom doesn't love Disneyland?
Whether you’re treating yourself or a special mother in your life, Disneyland is definitely the place to be!
Below, find our Disneyland Mother's Day guide to make the most out of your trip to Disneyland!
Disneyland is an infectiously fun place for all generations of family to come together and celebrate all the love and care our Moms give to us! We can never thank them enough, and they truly deserve every ounce of appreciation.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Dining on Mother's Day at Disneyland
Select restaurants offer unique Mother’s Day dining experiences- here are past experiences we hope to see offered again this year!
Storytellers Café at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will offer a Mother’s Day character breakfast buffet from 7am to 11:30am and a lunch/dinner buffet from 11:30am to 10pm. Various restaurants around the Resort spruce up their menus for Mother’s Day so keep a look out for announcements on Disney’s website. And don’t forget to reserve early because as with every special occasion at the Disneyland Resort, restaurants book up fast!
Mother's Day Brunch Spots
There's also some great restaurants to grab brunch at around the Disneyland resort that would be perfect for a Mother's Day celebration! Here are some of our favorites:
- Disneyland Princess Breakfast Adventures– The morning begins with a three course breakfast (with champagne options for adults!) in the fine dining option of Napa Rose. During breakfast Princesses such as Belle, Tiana, Ariel, Jasmine and others arrive to greet and make memories with families. After breakfast there's storytelling moments with the Princesses and take home souvenirs for guests. This is a premium character dining option with a price tag to match. If you're looking for character dining in a signature restaurant, this is a great fit. Moms that love Princesses would love this! This would be a special experience for mothers and daughters.
- Lamplight Lounge- The Lamplight Lounge is a Pixar themed restaurant on Pixar Pier with fabulous views of the ferris wheel and the theme park. There's indoor seating and an outdoor patio. On weekends Lamplight Lounge offers a fantastic brunch option with speciality food and drinks. This is one of my favorite brunch options in all of Disneyland! The airy patio would make for a nice Mother's Day brunch spot.
- Breakfast With Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn– The Plaza Inn serves a breakfast buffet including Mickey waffles, pancakes, omelette stations, breakfast potatoes, hashbrowns, sausage/bacon, and more. The Plaza Inn is beautiful and was decorated by Walt's wife Lillian making it a good choice for an elegant Disney brunch experience with all the feminine details for a lovely Mother's Day meal. This is also a character dining experience where you see the most variety of characters including Minnie Mouse, Eeyore, Captain Hook, Rafiki, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Chip n Dale, and Fairy Godmother.
- Carnation Cafe– I highly recommend the Carnation Cafe as one of the most nostalgic places to eat in Disneyland. The atmosphere of Main Street U.S.A. is prominent while you dine which makes for a memorable lunch experience. The patio is beautifully decorated and their breakfast and lunch options would both make a great place to enjoy Mother's Day.
Mother's Day Foodie Guide
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
GCH Holiday Cart
- Enjoy various Mother’s Day-themed treats including chocolate covered strawberries, macarons, and cookie shots available with milk or liqueur
- Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner: Feast on delicious dishes with the whole family as you enjoy decadent flavors and characters in this brunch and dinner celebration.
- Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner: Grab the whole gang to celebrate over tasty plates and even appearances from beloved Disney friends!
Sweets Disneyland Mother's Day
If that special mother in your life (or you!) love sweets, you are in for a treat! Located throughout the Resort are delectable shops that sell hand-crafted sweets that will satisfy any sweet tooth! In Downtown Disney, you'll find a quaint old-fashioned candy store named after the small Missouri town Walt Disney grew up in – Marceline's Confectionery. The bakery cases are filled with pure goodness! Caramel apples, milk chocolate covered marshmallows, toffee… the list goes on and on. You will definitely walk out of this store with a delicious treat for mom (or yourself!).
In Disneyland, you're sure to find the perfect sweet gift at the Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen on Main Street or at Pooh Corner in Critter Country. In Disney California Adventure Park, the sweetness can be found at Trolley Treats.
You can also never go wrong with a Disneyland ice cream treat!
Disney Gifts for Mother's Day
The Disneyland Resort has lots of gift shops. But finding the right one that offers unique gifts for mom may be challenging. Below are just a few of the stores that I, as a Disney-Mom, would love anything that was bought there. You can also check out our favorite Disneyland souvenirs.
The Disney Dress Shop – Going to Disneyland isn't enough for me! Dressing the part is what makes my experience there even better. The Dress Shop, located in Downtown Disney, offers beautiful themed dresses that honor classic attractions – Alice in Wonderland, It's a Small World, Snow White, and – my favorite – Haunted Mansion!
Disney Home – When I'm not at Disneyland, I like to remember all the magical memories my family and I create there. This brand-new store, located in Downtown Disney, offers a variety of gifts and housewares that any Disney-Mom would love! Get her a gift card so she can decorate your home Disney-style!
Pandora Jewelry – Enough said, right? Jewelry is great, but when it is Disney-themed, even better!
Crystal Arts – Located on Main Street and Cristal d'Orleans in New Orleans Square are hidden gems. Etch her name on a wine glass or frame (the possibilities are endless here) or buy her a cute crystal figurine.
Disney Floral & Gifts – Guests who stay at the Resort are in for a special treat! Leave all the work up to the Resort to deliver a fresh flower arrangement, a custom gift basket, or an in-room celebration package with decorations, gifts, and sweet treats!
You will also be greeted by free carnations as you enter Disneyland on Mother's Day which is a nice touch as you enter the parks.
Disneyland Mother's Day Photo Spots
Sometimes the best gifts for mothers are the family pictures she comes home with. Disney's Photopass photographers are located throughout both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure and they are happy to take your picture. Of course they will snap pictures with your camera, but Disney does offer many options so you can purchase digital downloads.
Pretty much anywhere in Disneyland makes for perfect pictures. Here are just some of the places I love to snap pictures with my family:
Flower Mickey at Entrance – I love this spot, although it does get crowded. The seasonal flowers of Mickey paired with the Main Street Railroad as the backdrop is iconic Disneyland.
Main Street – Stand right in the middle of Main Street U.S.A to get the full ambiance of Disneyland in one picture!
The Partners Statue, rightly placed in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle, is another prime location to get a great photo! In the spring when the trees are in full bloom makes for a great picture to frame.
Sleeping Beauty's Castle – If you get in early enough you may be lucky enough to snap a shot in front of the castle (with no crowds)!
It's a Small World – Snap a moment in front of the classic attraction with its whimsical artistry.
Disney California Adventure
Carthay Circle Fountain – Maybe I'm biased because my family and I love dining at the Carthay Circle Restaurant. I’ve snapped many pictures in front of the fountain with Carthay Circle as the backdrop. The fountain encircled by blooming trees makes for one fashionable picture.
Cars Land Billboard – Strike a pose next to the billboard that welcomes you into Radiator Springs. Usually, there is a cast member at this spot ready to snap you a perfect shot.
Pixar Pier Disney Mickey Wheel – By far the best time of day to get a good picture in front of the pier is at dusk. When the attractions light the sky against the setting sun makes for an unforgettable picture.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation
Subscribe to our FREE Deals Newsletter to start receiving valuable Disney vacation planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere! What are you waiting for? Subscribe today!
Be sure to check out our other guides to planning a Disneyland vacation.
- When to Visit Disneyland
- Save Money on Discount Disneyland Tickets
- Top 8 Rides at Universal Studios Hollywood
- These Are the Healthiest Foods in Disneyland
- Top 7 Best Hotels Near Disneyland
- Can't Miss Disneyland Pixar Fest
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.