Spooky season is officially upon us, with Halloween at Disneyland having officially started on September 1st at the park. With the delightful Halloween decorations, new character costumes, and ride overlays also comes an incredible assortment of adorable Disneyland Halloween food and desserts to try.
We have tested out some of the new Disneyland Halloween food highlights this year and will take you through our thoughts on each of the treats we tried! Keep reading for the top Disneyland Halloween foods, photos of these fun-themed treats, our review of each item, and a glimpse at the confectionary sculpture inspired by Coco that is currently in progress at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa as part of Plaza de la Familia at Disneyland.
Disneyland 2023 Halloween Food Review
From macarons to cream puffs and sundaes, there are a variety of eye-catching Halloween treats that Disneyland is offering this year, and everyone is eager to try these treats. Before you do, we will take you through what is included with some of these Halloween food highlights and our thoughts on whether or not they are worth it!
You can read our full guide to all of the 2023 Disneyland Halloween food this year. You can also download a free printable with all of the foods for you to find when you click below.
Disneyland Park Halloween Food
Vampire Alien Macaron – seen above (Alien Pizza Planet)
- Green alien macaron filled with salted caramel buttercream, chocolate ganache, and brownie bits
- This is our favorite Disneyland Halloween food we tried! It’s very rich and creamy with the chocolate flavor really shining through. It has a smooth texture that is enhanced by the slight crunch from the macaron. Plus, we love the absolutely adorable design!
Pumpkin Chai Cream Puff (Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe)
- Pumpkin-shaped cream puff filled with pumpkin chai mousse and white chocolate crunchy pearls
- The pumpkin spice taste is strong, and the dessert is very smooth and creamy. This would be excellent paired with a coffee!
Grave Stuff (Red Rose Taverne)
- Traditional grey stuff (a whipped cookies and cream pudding) with tombstone chocolate decoration and sprinkles
- We thought this is light and not too sugary with a smooth texture, and the cookies at the bottom provide a nice crunch!
Rest In Chocolate Sundae (Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor)
- Rocky road ice cream buried in a chocolate-covered waffle cup with chocolate cookie crumbles and gummy worms topped with a chocolate tombstone
- The waffle cone with chocolate is a good touch and we enjoyed that element, but otherwise, we don’t feel this treat is particularly special or worth the price.
Poison Apple Macaron (Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe)
- Apple-shaped macaron filled with salted caramel and apple compote
- This Halloween dessert has a strong apple taste that is almost a bit artificial. This is a bit messy to eat, as the food coloring stains your hand and tongue. Out of the two Halloween foods we tried from Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, we would recommend the Pumpkin Chai Cream Puff.
Disney California Adventure
Candy Corn Churro (Cozy Cone Motel 1)
- Orange and yellow sugar-covered churros topped with vanilla icing and candy corn
- The candy corn churro is a bit light on flavor and it tastes strongly of vanilla icing, but the candy corn gives it a good texture.
Disneyland Halloween Food Coco Display
Another highlight of Halloween at Disneyland is the Coco confectionary sculpture inspired by Coco that is currently in progress at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. The sculpture features Miguel and his dog Dante and is part of the Plaza de la Familia experience at Disneyland featuring entertainment, food, and music.
Be sure to stop by and see the progress on this amazing sculpture in the lobby of the Grand Californian! This is one of the best displays that we have seen the confectionary team put together here. The detail on Miguel’s face is incredible and though it pops in the photos is even better in person.
Reminder that the Grand Californian lobby is open to all guests and that we love the atmosphere. The Grand Craftsman Bar makes it on to our best Disneyland restaurants list and a surprise treat from the Hearthstone Lounge is a best Disneyland dessert.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation Today
For help and guidance in planning your Disneyland vacation, be sure to subscribe to our FREE Deals newsletter. Here, you will receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest-priced Disneyland tickets anywhere. See our other helpful planning guides below:
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.