The DVC Rental Store is one of a number of businesses that lists Disney Vacation Club points for rental. They are a broker that works with owners in the Disney Vacation Club and potential guests to sell a stay.
Suppose you’re dreaming about waking up and seeing The Magic Kingdom right outside your window but can’t imagine paying top dollar for a deluxe resort. In that case, you must consider renting Disney Vacation Club (DVC) points to make your dreams come true through The DVC Rental Store! That’s right, you can rent DVC points to score some amazing accommodations without the high bill! However, with so many companies out there to choose from, you might be asking yourself, is The DVC Rental Store legit?
Our guide on The DVC Rental Store is going to break down all the details so that you get a full understanding of what The DVC Rental Store has to offer. Trust us, you’re going to want to stick around for this one. With money-saving deals and top-notch customer service, you’ll be packing your bags in no time!
The DVC Rental Store: Are They Legit?
Before we get into all the fun stuff ahead, we’re going to get this question out of the way. So, is The DVC Rental Store legit? Our answer is YES, YES, and YES! Our partners at The DVC Rental Store are one of the top companies to work with when it comes to renting DVC points. We know, so many of them claim to be the best, but we also know that very few of them have the experience, inventory, and reputation to back that up!
Disney vacations can sometimes come with a lot of pressure. We get it. You want everything to be perfect! That’s why the last thing you want to be worried about is whether or not your hotel reservation is legit or not! This peace of mind is exactly why our partners at The DVC Rental Store should be considered. Plus, with so many money-saving options, it’s a win-win situation!
If you’re reading this and have questions about the Disney Vacation Club in general, we’ve got you covered! Be sure to check out our guide here that’ll give you all the information you need to get to know the Disney Vacation Club. And while we’ll cover most of this later, you might also be wondering about DVC points and just how many you should rent. We got you covered there, too!
Now that we’ve answered if The DVC Rental Store is legit, let’s get into the fun stuff!
The DVC Rental Store: Overview
To see the benefits of working with The DVC Rental Store, it’s important to understand what the Disney Vacation Club is and what DVC points are. Without going into a large amount of detail, the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) is a Disney-owned timeshare program where members have purchased ‘points’ from one of the many deluxe Disney resorts to use for future deluxe vacations. Sounds simple right? There are of course more details, but that’s it at its core. The gist of purchasing DVC points is that you’ll get deluxe accommodations at a fraction of the cost. Depending on the time of year, you can enjoy a deluxe resort for the price of a value!
Now, buying into the DVC program can sometimes be costly and not everyone is ready for that type of commitment. This is where The DVC Rental Store can help! From time to time, DVC owners end up with more points in their accounts than they can use. Rather than lose out on them, since if you don’t use them you could lose them, they decide to partner with a company like The DVC Rental Store to rent them out. This is where you come in! You can be the one who rents these points to enjoy deluxe Disney accommodations for so much less than if you were to pay Disney directly! Plus, when you work with The DVC Rental Store, you won’t have to worry about a thing! They’ll take care of every single detail so that you don’t miss a beat. You’ll also enjoy all of the perks of staying at a deluxe Disney resort such as Early Theme Park Entry.
Still not convinced if The DVC Rental Store is legit? Let’s explore all that The DVC Rental Store has to offer!
The DVC Rental Store: Services Offered
We’ve talked a lot about the fact that The DVC Rental Store can help you rent DVC points. In reality, though, they are so much more than that! This all-in-one company will be your one-stop for all things Disney. We’re going to focus on the ones we think you should know about first, but if you spend some time looking through their site, you’ll see that their list of services is much longer than you might have expected!
Let’s start by looking at their DVC rental services. After all, that is what they’re known for!
Renting DVC Points
Now for what we’ve been waiting for! The DVC Rental Store can help you secure the amount of DVC points that are sure to fit your family’s needs. Whether you’re a couple looking for a cozy studio or a family of five looking to spread out nicely in a one-bedroom villa, The DVC Rental Store can help you find the perfect deal for you!
Renting DVC points is simple! When working with The DVC Rental Store, you’re looking at the following steps:
- Availability and Price Unlike other companies, The DVC Rental Store can help you get ahead of any uncertainty by using their nifty tool to see resort availability. You’ll also be able to compare prices right from there. This will allow you to compare the options and decide which route you want to take. This is really the fun part because it’s here that you get to peruse all of the Disney deluxe resorts and determine which one is right for you. Need some help? We’ve ranked all of the DVC resorts here so that you can get a sense of what they each provide!
- Submit Your Request and Initial Deposit Once you’ve determined when you want to visit and where you’d like to stay, you’ll submit the formal reservation request form along with a $100 deposit. This is where an expert guide will take over and you simply let them do all of the work! You’ll be notified of the date and resort you’ve requested is available. If it is you’ll move to the next step! If what you’re looking for is not available, you can modify your request or be added to a waitlist. If you decide you change your mind, no worries. They will refund your $100 deposit in its entirety.
- Sign and Secure Now that your dream vacation is taking shape, it’s time to sign your contract and secure your reservation with an initial payment. With The DVC Rental Store, you will be issued a legal contract that protects you as the renter in the event of any mishaps. This is the quality we’re talking about! Sure, you can find lower-cost reservations out there by working directly with members, but unfortunately, they’re not always legit and scams do happen! Another plus here is that The DVC Rental Store does not require full payment upfront. Instead, you’ll only pay 25% of your total reservation (minus the $100 deposit). This means you have plenty of time to save up! The remaining 75% of the cost is due no later than 75 days prior to your arrival date. The DVC Rental Store will even allow you to pay the remaining balance in payments! Note that if your stay is within 75 days, you will need to pay the total amount upfront.
And that’s it! Before you know it, you’ll be coming home to your deluxe Disney villa after a long day at the parks!
Another service provided by The DVC Rental Store is the ability to secure a confirmed reservation. The difference here is that these reservations are already ready to go, but have specific locked-in dates and accommodation types. Sometimes these can pay off, but they do require total flexibility. The nice thing about The DVC Rental Store is that they have tons of reservations to choose from! Plus, with new reservations added daily, you’re likely to find something you’re looking for. Check out all of their listings here!
Another area where The DVC Rental Store shines is with its stress-free cancelation policy. We know that things come up and sometimes you’ll need to make some tough (and sad) decisions when it comes to your vacation. Most other companies will simply say, “Sorry!,” but not with The DVC Rental Store. Depending on when you cancel, you could get all of your money back or be credited so that you can use your points at a later date! Once again, talk about total peace of mind! Below is the timeline of their cancelation policy.
|Cancellation Window||Credit Received|
|>120 Days||100% of funds paid|
|120-61 Days||75% of total reservation price*|
|60-16 Days||50% of total reservation price|
|15-4 Days||25% of total reservation price|
*Of any funds that were paid above the initial payment of 25%
The DVC Rental Store: How Much Does it Cost?
As if all of the above wasn’t enough, The DVC Rental Store is offering the lowest price guaranteed against any major competitor! This means you will not pay less anywhere else for the services you’ll get with The DVC Rental Store. We’re talking complete peace of mind with the lowest prices around!
Similar to most companies, the cost of renting points depends on the resort you choose and when you plan your vacation. At the time of writing this article, The DVC Rental Store is offering point rentals at only $19 per point within the next 7 months!
Plus, they’ve recently slashed their other prices, too! For 7-11 month pricing at Animal Kingdom, Aulani, Bay Lake, BoardWalk, Copper Creek, and Riviera you’ll pay only $22 per point. If you’re thinking about staying at Hilton Head, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Ver0 Beach, you’ll pay just $19 per point. That’s a ton of savings!
How Much Can I Save?
If you’re wondering what these numbers mean, let’s build an example vacation so that you can see the savings for yourself.
Let’s pretend you’re looking to stay at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge in December of 2023 for four nights. To have space to spread out, you’re looking at a one-bedroom villa.
Booking direct through Disney, four nights in a one-bedroom villa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will cost you a whopping $7,630!
However, with The DVC Rental Store, this same exact accommodation will cost you only $2,900!
This is a total savings of $4,730 just by booking with The DVC Rental Store! The savings speak for themselves and you just can’t beat that. Plus, remember that you’re getting expert guide service, a free cancellation policy, and a guarantee of the lowest price around.
The DVC Rental Store: Final Thoughts
If it wasn’t already obvious, we are huge fans of our partners at The DVC Rental Store and they are absolutely legit. With their amazing service, most listings around, and their total peace of mind, you cannot beat it. While we started this article wondering if they were legit or not, hopefully, you can now see the answer to that and some! If you’re curious about DVC accommodations, give them a try. You have nothing to lose and will likely end up a fan moving forward. We recommend them and stand by their excellent level of service!
Plan Your Next Disney Vacation!
Are you ready to plan your next magical Disney vacation? We can help! Our team is ready to put together your ultimate vacation with the lowest prices around. We work hard to gather every discount out there so that you don’t have to worry about doing it yourself. Get a FREE quote from us today and let us show you what a magical vacation feels like! Still interested in learning more? Check out our other guides:
- DVC “Use Year” Explained – 2023 FAQ for Disney Vacation Club Buyers
- Owner’s Lockers: A DVC Owner’s Best Kept Secret
- Buying DVC Direct vs Resale: Member Benefits and more!
- Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disneyland Hotel – Opening DATE, New Concept Art
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort Review – A Disney Vacation Club Resort
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.