The Disney Visa credit and debit cards both offer multiple park discounts at both Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort. These discounts are the same regardless of if you have the Disney Visa credit or debit card. The Disney Visa credit card itself will have further benefits for Disney fans like earning Disney rewards rather than cash back like another Chase Credit Card.
But both cards grant the same resort discounts including exclusive character experiences plus discounts on shopping, dining, and tours! This article is going to focus solely on these discounts offered to card users. Keep reading for the full list of Disney Visa card benefits.
Disney Visa Credit vs Debit Card
To be eligible for the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Disney Visa card member perks you need to either have the Disney Premier Visa Credit Card, Disney Visa Credit Card or the Disney Visa Debit Card.
The Disney Premier Visa Credit Card and Disney Visa Credit Card allow cardholders to earn cashback in the form of Disney reward dollars that can be redeemed for Disney vacations and merchandise. The Disney Premier Visa Credit Card offers better benefits by allowing guests to also redeem Disney reward dollars on flights plus up to 5% cash back on Disney purchases.
The Disney Visa Debit Card is available if you open a checking account at Chase Bank. There is no additional fee for selecting the Disney Visa card as your debit card of choice and you still get to pick from cool card designs and enjoy all the perks except for the Disney reward dollars cashback. This is a great choice if you just want the theme park perks without the credit card commitment. I have this debit card and have used many of the Chase Disney Visa Card discounts that are discussed here.
In addition to the perks listed below, there are also exclusive Disney Visa character meet and greets at Disneyland and Disney World.
Discount Disneyland Vacations
Get Away Today is one of Disney’s longest-standing partners- they have worked with Disneyland for 30 years! Their customer service is superb and they offer extreme discounts on tickets — the Get Away Today reviews are consistently extremely positive.
I have been using Get Away Today for my Disneyland vacations long before I began writing for Mickey Visit and they still remain my go-to for planning my Disneyland vacations. Not only can you get the best deals on discount Disneyland tickets with Get Away Today you also have the opportunity to receive exclusive hotel perks at many of the great hotels close to Disneyland.
So if you plan on visiting Disneyland, I can’t stress enough how much money Get Away Today can save you. We are typically a family that travels on a budget and anywhere we can save money is always appreciated.
Disney Visa Shopping Discount Online
You can also use your Disney Visa card to redeem shopping discounts online at ShopDisney.com. These discounts usually exclude brands like Dooney & Bourke, LEGOs, high-end jewelry, Loungefly, etc. The new MagicBand+ bands are also usually excluded from this discount. To redeem the discount, you just need to enter in the promo code at checkout and pay with your Disney Visa card.
- Click on “My Bag” and add promo code DRVCMEMBER to have your 10% Cardmember savings applied to your order.
- Pay with your Disney Visa Credit Card.
- Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more.
Disney Visa Shopping Theme Park Discount
The best part of using the Disney Visa card at the theme parks is that it typically includes items that are often excluded from discounts on the ShopDisney website. I have successfully used my Disney Visa card on Dooney & Bourke purses multiple times when using my Disney Visa in person, which is a great way to justify those expensive bag purchases.
If you show the cast member your Disney Visa at any Disney-owned store, you will receive 10% off a $50 minimum purchase. This works at nearly all the theme park shops, Downtown Disney and Disney Springs, plus all the resort hotel gift shops.
Downtown Disney Disney Visa Card Eligible Stores
In addition to the Disney-owned stores, you can also use your Disney Visa card for discounts at these retailers in Downtown Disney:
- Receive 10% off select purchases at:
- Ballast Point Brewing Company
- Curl Surf
- Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
- Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at:
- Arribas Brothers Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts and Cristal d’Orleans)
- California Sole
- Plus, receive 20% off select purchases at:
- Wetzel’s Pretzels®
- JOFFREYS.COM (online only; entire purchase with code: DISNEYBEAN23)
Disney Springs Disney Visa Card Eligible Stores
In addition to the Disney-owned stores, you can also use your Disney Visa card for discounts at these retailers:
- Receive 20% off select merchandise purchases at Luxury of Time at Disney Springs Town Center.
- Plus, receive 15% off select purchases at Levi’s at Disney Springs Town Center with code: DISNEY15.
- Plus, receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at the following Disney Springs, EPCOT, Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa locations:
- ALEX AND ANI
- Arribas Brothers locations: Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers at Disney Springs Marketplace, Crystal Arts on Main Street, U.S.A. and Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom Park and locations in the Germany and Mexico Pavilions in EPCOT.
- Basin White
- Chapel Hats (store and kiosk)
- Columbia Sportswear Company (code: DISVIS22)
- Good Fortune Gifts and House of Good Fortune
- Just Fun Socks
- Melissa Clube
- Shop for Ireland at Raglan Road
- Sugarboo & Co.
- Additionally, receive 10% off select purchases at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas, Disney Springs Area and across Walt Disney World Resort:
- Buena Vista Surrey Bike Rentals (Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas only)
- Buena Vista Strollers, Scooters and Wheelchairs
You can also add your Disney Visa card to your Disneyland or Walt Disney World app so the discount will be applied when you use mobile checkout.
Disneyland Disney Visa Dining Discounts
There are also restaurants at Disneyland that offer Disney Visa card dining discounts. Just show the cast member your card and pay with it to receive the 10% dining discount.
- French Market Restaurant (Temporarily Unavailable)
- This discount will likely still be offered when Tiana’s Palace opens
- The Golden Horseshoe
- Harbour Galley
- River Belle Terrace
- Royal Street Veranda
- Troubadour Tavern
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Paradise Garden Grill
- Sonoma Terrace
- Studio Catering Co.
- Wine Country Trattoria
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Goofy’s Kitchen
- Storytellers Café
Disney World Disney Visa Dining Discounts
There are many restaurants at Walt Disney World that offer Disney Visa card dining discounts. Just show the cast member your card and pay with it to receive the 10% dining discount.
Animal Kingdom Theme
- Tiffins Restaurant
- The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions)
- Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions)
- Coral Reef Restaurant
- Le Cellier Steakhouse
- Rose & Crown Dining Room
- Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
- Boma – Flavors of Africa
- Jiko – The Cooking Place (see restrictions)
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- Flying Fish (see restrictions)
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Sebastian’s Bistro
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Cítricos (see restrictions)
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Narcoossee’s (see restrictions)
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Olivia’s Cafe
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Kona Cafe
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
- Boatwrights Dining Hall
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Turf Club Bar and Grill
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Ale & Compass Restaurant
20% discount at these non-Disney owned dining locations:
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages at Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas at Disney Springs Marketplace.
- 20% off entire purchase at Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. kiosks throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Joffrey’s retail location at Disney Springs Marketplace (excluding alcohol) and online at JOFFREYS.com with code: DISNEYBEANS23.
10% discount at these non-Disney owned dining locations:
- American Bar & Grill at B Resort & Spa (food and non-alcoholic beverages only when you spend $50 or more)
- Cookes of Dublin (lunch, weekdays)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
- Planet Hollywood
- Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant (lunch, weekdays)
- Terralina Crafted Italian
- The Polite Pig
- The To-Go Cart (Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas)
Disney Visa Hotel Discounts
Disney Visa Cardmembers also get exclusive discounts on hotels at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. These discounts are impressive and are often similar to the highest tier of discounts that only annual passholders receive. To book any of these discounts, you just need to use your Disney Visa card to place your deposit on your hotel reservation.
You can track all the current Walt Disney World discounts in our guide to see which Disney Visa discounts are currently available. Often these hotel discounts can range anywhere from 10% off the lowest-tier hotels to 30% for the deluxe Walt Disney World hotels.
The Disneyland on-property hotels will also release occasional Disney Visa discounts too but they are far more common at Walt Disney World due to the large amount of hotels at the resort. The hotels at Disneyland are fewer, just three on-site, and are popular so there’s not as much of an incentive to release as many discounts for hotels at Disneyland.
You can also use your Disney Visa card for guided tour discounts at Disneyland.
Cardmembers can receive 15% off these guided tours:
- Celebrating Disney100 at the Disneyland Resort Guided Tour
- Walt’s Main Street Story Tour
- Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort Guided Tour
You will need to use your Disney Visa card to book the tour to receive the discount.
Walt Disney World offers a large variety of guided tours and you can use your Disney Visa card to get a 15% off these tours:
- EPCOT Seas Adventures – Dolphins in Depth
- EPCOT Seas Adventures – DiveQuest
- Behind the Seeds
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Caring for Giants
- Up Close with Rhinos
- Wild Africa Trek (Mid-Day Tours only; block out dates apply)
- Savor the Savana: Evening Safari Experiences
Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Multiple Theme Parks, Backstage Areas and Resort Hotels
- Starlight Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
Keep in mind that premium VIP tours, programs exclusive to groups, group team building programs are all excluded from Disney Visa card discounts.
Walt Disney World offers 10% off select recreation experiences including:
- Carriage Rides at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Horseback Trail Rides at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Is the Chase Disney Visa Card Worth It?
The Disney Visa credit card may be worth it for guests that are interested in cashback that comes in the form of Disney rewards which can be used for Disney vacations. If you do not want to be locked into that specific of a cashback offer, then you might be better off opting for the Disney Debit card.
If you’re not picky about where you bank, switching to Chase to use the Disney Debit card might be worth it. I’ve been banking with Chase for about five years now and I have no complaints with Chase. I switched to Chase primarily for the Disney Debit and I have found the character experiences (there are two exclusive character meet and greets at the Disneyland Resort and two at Walt Disney World resort) and discounts have really paid off. For a Disney fan that frequents both theme parks often, the savings do add up. And if you’re a frequent online shopper on shopDisney then that 10% off any purchase is great. At times you may also get early access to sales online before the general public does.
How Do I get 10% Off My Disney Visa?
Disney Visa cardmembers get 10% off purchases on shopDisney.com and Disney store locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World when they use their Disney Visa card. The minimum purchase amount to receive the 10% discount in the parks is $50.
Do You Get a Discount with the Disney Visa Card?
The Disney Premier Visa Card offers cashback in the form of Disney rewards in these tiers:
- 5% back in rewards at disneyplus.com, hulu.com or espnplus.com.
- 2% back in rewards on gas, groceries and restaurant purchases.
- 2% back in rewards at most U.S.-based Disney locations and retailers.
- 1% back in rewards on all other purchases.
The Disney Visa Card offers 1% in Disney rewards on all purchases. The Disney Premier Visa card offers the best opportunities for rewards but also comes with a $49 per year annual fee.
What rewards do you get for Disney Visa card?
Instead of cashback, the Disney Visa credit cards offer Disney rewards that can be redeemed for Disney experiences, vacations, and merchandise.
Start Planning Your Disneyland Trip!
Keep reading our blog to keep updated on everything you need to know to prepare for a Disney Parks vacation! We have a team of writers working hard to keep you updated weekly on events in the parks and tips for navigating the magic. Subscribe to our free deals newsletter to receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest-priced Disney tickets anywhere. You can find more information on planning your vacation here:
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.