Disneyland reservations are required for all guests visiting Disneyland in 2023. This is the complete guide to securing a Disneyland reservation for visiting in 2023.
Disneyland is utilizing reservations to allow the theme parks to effectively manage capacity and plan for the day.
The number one question has become: how do I get a reservation for Disneyland in 2023? This guide has you covered with everything you need to know about securing a Disneyland reservation.
Guests Can Now Modify Existing Park Pass Reservations
Disneyland is now allowing guests to modify existing Park Pass Disneyland Reservations effective on May 17th 2023!
Before this change, guests had to cancel their existing reservation and rebook it for a different park if they changed their mind on which park they wanted to start their day at. This would leave you at risk to be without a park reservation entirely if you tried to switch parks at the last minute.
Now you can simply use the ‘modify’ option and change your park for the day without worrying which is a logical change to make. This will make park pass modifications must easier and allow for more flexibility while you’re in the park. Things change on your trip and it’s nice to have the option to switch your park day at the last minute. Keep in mind you will only be able to make this switch if there are reservations available at the park you want to switch to!
Disneyland Reservation 2023 Policy in Place for Disneyland Attendance
Disneyland is using an advance reservation system for guests to secure their spots for their theme park days. A Disneyland reservation and Disneyland ticket will be required for all guests over the age of 3 years old.
Our travel partner, Get Away Today, offers the lowest prices on Disneyland tickets. They give our Mickey Visit readers an exclusive discount on tickets. Book your Disneyland tickets NOW >
Disney Announces New Way to Make Disneyland Reservations
Disneyland changed their process for making theme park reservations which will allow for a much more streamlined process! Guests can pick available dates for their reservation before finalizing their purchase and book their reservations up to 120 days in advance.
DISCOUNT TICKETS: Our travel partner, Get Away Today, has worked with Disney for 30+ years and offers exclusive discounts on 2-5 day Park Hopper and Single Park tickets for our readers using our private discount link. This is still the best way to save on tickets even with the new reservation system.
When you purchase a multi-day discount Disneyland ticket from our travel partner or have an existing Disneyland ticket, you’ll follow the below steps:
- Log into your Disney account on Disneyland.com or the Disneyland app to link valid theme park tickets prior to accessing the park reservation system.
- Input your ticket IDs into Disneyland.com to connect your tickets to your account.
- Head to Disneyland.com/ParkReservations and click “Make Park Reservation.”
- Create your party.
- Select the day and theme park you’d like to visit. Guests with Park Hopper tickets will select which theme park they wish to start their day, pending availability, and then will be able to begin crossing over between the parks after 1 p.m. that day (based on availability).
- Review, and confirm your visit! And as a reminder, guests with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.
ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR SINGLE DAY TICKETS – To purchase a ticket and make a theme park reservation together:
We only recommend the following process for purchasing single day tickets because there are no publicly available discounts on single day tickets. For all multi-day tickets, you should consider purchasing your tickets through our travel partner – they provide our readers exclusive additional discounts making the tickets even less expensive.
- Start at Disneyland.com/ParkReservations and click “Select Ticket.”
- Select the number of days you wish to visit the parks.
- Choose the number of tickets you need for all guests in your party, ages 3 and up.
- Select your ticket type – one park per day, or Park Hopper tickets.
- Pick a date and park for your theme park reservation, subject to availability.
- For added convenience, you may now select the add-on option of purchasing parking vouchers, in advance.
- Review your current selections, and purchase!
If you choose Park Hopper tickets, select your starting park for each day of your visit, subject to availability. You can then begin crossing over between the parks after 1 p.m. that day (based on availability)!
When can I make a Disneyland theme park reservation?
Guests can make Disneyland theme park reservations on a rolling basis. Guests with 1-5 day tickets can make reservations 120 days in advance of their visit and guests with Disneyland Magic Key Annual Passes can make park reservations 90 days before the day they hope to visit.
Disneyland opens up reservation blocks throughout the time leading up to the actual park day. Guests will also often cancel a couple of days before the day they have reservations for. This is a frustrating process which is why you should be ready to make your reservations as far in advance as possible.
Our Experience Making Disneyland Reservations
While the system is now a bit different for making reservations, the process looks similar to ours did for opening day at Disneyland. Here’s a step by step look at making theme park reservations for Disneyland!
If you have a vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company then you will need to retrieve your resort hotel reservation via My Hotel Reservations and link it to your Disney account before making your theme park reservation.
You will be prompted to select which tickets (you should have previously registered these) that you want to create reservations.
Now you can begin making your reservation! Select your date and theme park you want to visit from the available choices.
Guests with Park Hopper tickets for either park on that date may choose which theme park they wish to start their day—they may visit the other park on the same day after 1:00 PM.
If you have a multi-day ticket, repeat the process to make reservations for each day of your ticket.
Once you’ve finished making your selections, review and confirm your theme park reservation. You will be prompted to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver before completing your reservation.
Disney will send you an email confirmation of your reservation along with a QR code. Disneyland will use this QR code and the ticket to confirm your reservation upon arrival.
Frequently Asked Questions About Disneyland Reservations
Do Disneyland Resort Hotel guests have to get ticket reservations?
At this time, guests staying on-site are required to get theme park reservations. However, hotel guests have a different ‘bucket’ of park reservations to select from which always has more availability than those staying off-site. This makes staying at a Disneyland hotel a big advantage if you want the flexibility to switch your theme park reservations on the fly during your trip.
Is park hopping available?
Guests with Park Hopper tickets get to choose whether they want to start their day at Disneyland or Disney California Adventure when making theme park reservations. After 11AM guests will be able to visit the other theme park.
Will multi-day ticket holders have to make multiple reservations?
Disneyland multi-day ticket holders will have to make reservations for every day of their visit to Disneyland.
Additional Details of Disneyland Reservations
- Theme park reservations are limited and subject to availability; reservations are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalized.
- Guests with Park Hopper tickets may visit the other park after 11AM. Learn more about Park Hopper tickets.
- A park reservation must be made for each day of entry. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- Limit one theme park reservation per Guest, per day.
- Theme park reservations cannot be modified, but can be canceled by visiting My Theme Park Reservations. If you’d like to cancel an existing reservation and book a new one, please first check on the availability of reservations for your new desired date and/or park.
- We highly recommend that you make your theme park reservation as soon as you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the reservation is finalized.
- To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, park reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation!
Keep reading our blog to keep you updated on everything you need to know to prepare for Disneyland opening! We have a team of writers working hard to keep you updated weekly on events in the parks and tips for navigating the magic. Subscribe to our free deals newsletter to receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere. You can find more information on planning your vacation here:
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.